BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

Let’s do this. They may be top of the league, but as we have seen many times before, that counts for nothing at kick off.

As usual, the first goal will be crucial and I see us starting in the same way we have started recently, so just need to turn it into an early goal.

COYB.

• Like 2

Telalovic is some distance from being the answer to the striker problem. Unfortunately for him, he’s going to need to find a lot extra in his game to challenge, as evidenced today. Leonard would have got the nod if fit and Telalovic doesn’t get the nod as the only recognised, fit striker.

Even still, there’s four players with goals to their name up top. It’s a dynamic front four, but one of compromise.

Sammy’s not a natural centre forward and does prefer to find deeper pockets of space/play between the lines, so cutbacks from the bylines could find nobody in the middle.

I’m not optimistic, I think two in the middle will struggle unless they are responsible and switched on, but JDT may view home advantage as something to press. An opportunity for the players to impress against one of the top teams in the league.

I said earlier in the week that this game won’t define our season, but we should be aiming to give a good account of ourselves. If we have ambitions of premership football, we need to be causing problems for and bloodying the noses of teams like Leicester.

• Like 2