BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

1 hour ago, R0verb0y said:

Ah, right; thanks @tomphil. I must confess I don't peruse the books as closely as I perhaps ought to.

Besides, I thought a fair bit of the profit on the Armstrong deal found its way back to NE4, due to the terms on which Newcastl United had sold him to us.

About 4 million did.

Apologies if already mentioned,  but I believe this will be the first time two former Premiership champions have met in the second tier?

(I meant precisely what I said, don't bother telling me English football existed before the Prem, I'm well aware)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Armstrong was sold for 15m as reference again by Broughton this summer as a warped benchmark used by Venkys to reject bids for Brereton.

We bought him for 3m so if we made a profit of 4m then Newcastle had a 66% sell on relating to profit. No chance.

The sell on % was 40% so on a profit of £12m Newcastle took £4.8m leaving us with net proceeds of £10.2m

Pretty straightforward selection given what's available and that due to form all of Szmodics, Sigurdsson, Moran must start.

The question is who will play up front and how do you accomodate all of those three, wouldn't be suprised if one of them starts up top.

Pears

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering

Trondstad Wharton

Markanday Szmodics Moran

Sigurdsson

I don't think Leicester are as good as others think they are. I still feel Southampton are the best team in this league. 

10 hours ago, neophox said:

Andros Townsend available on a free?

He is working for Sky Sports now so looks like he has moved on career wise

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I’d be incredibly surprised if Pears had a good game, tbf.

I don't think Pears is anywhere near as poor as many on here. He's 25 years old, still making mistakes just like all keepers do even the best ones do. Friedel made plenty of mistakes at the age but he turned out to one of the best keepers I've ever seen live. 

18 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The sell on % was 40% so on a profit of £12m Newcastle took £4.8m leaving us with net proceeds of £10.2m

Correct there about the sell on clause being 40%. Armstrong left us 2 years ago. He moved on, we have more on

Like the Sheffield United game last season (at home) many thought they were going to walk all over us and we out played them all over the pitch. We are due a result so feel this could go the same way. 

All in all I think it’ll be a draw and I’d take that…1-1.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Apologies if already mentioned,  but I believe this will be the first time two former Premiership champions have met in the second tier?

(I meant precisely what I said, don't bother telling me English football existed before the Prem, I'm well aware)

Furthermore I think we must be the only two premiership/premier league champions to be relegated since becoming said champions? 

• Like 3

On 29/09/2023 at 14:47, Exiled_Rover said:

As a long-term season ticket holder I might give this one a miss. I can't stand to watch Pears again.

On 29/09/2023 at 19:20, ItsRoverZ said:

Pears in goal?  Alright il spend my Sunday doing something else then thankyou 

Rovers fans entitled? Never!

On 29/09/2023 at 20:21, roversfan99 said:

You know what the uniquely negative Rovers fan base are like!

You were being snarky, but that may have backfired!

Well, we aren't having much luck. 3 of our No.9's are out injured, and Talalovic doesn't look ready.

Perhaps Szmodics will get the nod up front with Moran in the No10 role.

Tricky game, Leicester should win the league. They have the players/budget and their manager seems to know what he's doing. 

The first goal will probably decide the outcome, as it does in most Championship games. 

1 hour ago, OsloRover said:

Pretty straightforward selection given what's available and that due to form all of Szmodics, Sigurdsson, Moran must start.

The question is who will play up front and how do you accomodate all of those three, wouldn't be suprised if one of them starts up top.

Pears

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering

Trondstad Wharton

Markanday Szmodics Moran

Sigurdsson

We can’t play two in centre midfield against these. Especially those two.

• Like 2

Anyone know where to park on game days if I haven’t booked? Was going to book stadium like usually do but seems to have gone up in price. A reply with with location and price would be really helpful. (Also think it’s gonna be a 10 goal thriller today😂)

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, JohnD said:

Let's hope he does.

Not sure he could ever change your opinion but we all have them.

Obviously I hope he does, I’m a Rovers fan!

Technically, he could change my opinion by not regularly costing us points….

• Like 5

I still can’t get over we have no strikers and a keeper that is making mistakes almost every game, and yet two of our summer recruits don’t get selected. How bad must JDT think Telalovic is if he can’t get in in these circumstances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think Pears is anywhere near as poor as many on here. He's 25 years old, still making mistakes just like all keepers do even the best ones do. Friedel made plenty of mistakes at the age but he turned out to one of the best keepers I've ever seen live. 

Pretty sure you'll come to regret that remark.  Yep, most keepers make mistakes when they are learning but they also show an ability to make match winning saves on a regular basis which Pears only manages infrequently.  IMO, he simply hasn't  got it and whilst this selection lunacy continues, we'll continue to ship goals and points.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Massively looking forwards to this one.

Should be a classic whatever the result.

So am I.  A Rovers' win coupled with Europe lifting the Ryder Cup will prove to be some day!