BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

5 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

“I am always worried about conceding goals, we have conceded too many. But the last six goals, it has not been because we are too open, it's because of personal errors.”

Maybe I am missing something in the translation. That’s the reason he has kept with Pears  🤔

Yeah a lot of those personal errors are Pears

• Like 6

2 hours ago, rock steady said:

We've all seen good managers make poor judgements when it comes to goalkeepers. I'm thinking of Guardiola with Bravo and Klopp with Karius. He was too stubborn to drop him despite him playing crap, and it ended up costing them the champs league.

But at least they were their own signings they were standing by. Simply cannot fathom JDTs faith in The Pear.

possibly jdt is listening to benson,being a centre forward  i don`t think he  understands the nuances of goalkeeping,seeing as we have a goalkeeping coach who`s never been a goalkeeper(only at rovers could this happen!!!) we are going to get wrong decisions,i just hope sunday is`nt going to be the game when we see pears completely lose the plot,it`s been coming for weeks

35 minutes ago, neophox said:

Eller should had got Jordan Rhodes in the summer.. he went to Blackpool...feels he would had scored goals for us. He now do for Blackpool...a hattrick in the last game.

It's the right move now for Rhodes dropping back down a level and it wouldn't have been the right move now coming back here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

“I am always worried about conceding goals, we have conceded too many. But the last six goals, it has not been because we are too open, it's because of personal errors.”

Maybe I am missing something in the translation. That’s the reason he has kept with Pears  🤔

It's both Jon it's both !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gav said:

We have Wednesday fans in the family Asia, they tell a very different story. The Darren Moore saga was the final straw for many, utter shambles by the media hungry Chansiri.

Didn't Wednesday fans want Moore gone after they lost 4-0 at P'boro in the first playoff game?? He certainly got dogs abuse from a large number of them.

3 minutes ago, philipl said:

Sigurdsson has shown more of a striker's instinct finishing his two goals from inside the 6 yard box in two games than Gally has since he came as a loanee. 

Surely push him forward ahead of Moran Szmodics and Markanday?

You play the new striker at ST - controversial, I know, but I've no interest in seeing Szmodics or Dolan play as a false 9. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, philipl said:

I am now worried the crowd might turn against Pears if he has a howler against Leicester. I am certain Hyam's downturn in form is because of Pears undermining his confidence in how and where everything is behind him.

You know what the uniquely negative Rovers fan base are like!

4 hours ago, M_B said:

Pears was always going to start against Leicester, I don't know why anyone is surprised. 

I dont think people are surprised. Just annoyed about Tomassons continued lapse in judgement.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You know what the uniquely negative Rovers fan base are like!

I dont think people are surprised. Just annoyed about Tomassons continued lapse in judgement.

If they're not surprised, then why the outcry? Of course they're surprised.

As mad as it sounds, we've got some saying they're not going because Pears is playing, tell me they're not surprised. 

He was never going to throw Wahlstedt in against Leicester,it was obvious. 

40 minutes ago, M_B said:

If they're not surprised, then why the outcry? Of course they're surprised.

As mad as it sounds, we've got some saying they're not going because Pears is playing, tell me they're not surprised. 

He was never going to throw Wahlstedt in against Leicester,it was obvious. 

He was never going to "throw in" Wahlstedt not because he shouldnt but because he seems to think that Pears is far better than he actually is. Why drop him after the 5th mistake if you didnt after the 3rd or 4th?

We could at least hope that Tomasson will finally see sense. But no. Bemoaning individual mistakes yet leaving in the biggest contributor.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that if the consensus of the management/ coaching staff was that Wahlstedt was the better keeper at this stage he would be picked.

It's obviously a bit concerning that he mustn't have yet demonstrated this in training, u23, and cup games. It was impossible to make a judgement at the Cardiff game as he simply didn't have enough to do. The only thing I would say is that he didn't give the aura of confidence and ownership of the penalty area that I was hoping for. Maybe they just think he isn't quite ready yet, in which case Pears needs to up his game and we need to give him support to build his confidence back up, and hope Wahlstedt is ready to step up sooner rather than later. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, philipl said:

I am now worried the crowd might turn against Pears if he has a howler against Leicester. I am certain Hyam's downturn in form is because of Pears undermining his confidence in how and where everything is behind him.

Not Pears fault if he is picked. He has his moments, I would prefer a better keeper but JDT is seeing both of them in training and if Leo is weaker then it is a catastrophe for our transfer window.

• Like 4

This argument about training is nonsense. Where it matters in games, Pears has made 5 errors leading to goals in the last 6 games or so. Tomasson also picked Pears over a goalkeeper we saw in games was a lot better. Pears continuing in goal does not make it the right decision by Tomasson.

If Tomasson was happy with Pears why did we spend 800k on a sub? 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Gav said:

We have Wednesday fans in the family Asia, they tell a very different story. The Darren Moore saga was the final straw for many, utter shambles by the media hungry Chansiri.

SW fans will have a much better knowledge and feel for what's going on than I who have viewed from afar not knowing the inner detail. Chansiri has a decent reputation in business.

I came across a recent You Tube video which rightly paints a good and positive picture of what is occuring at Rovers in the football side of the club. Fans of other clubs will think all is hunky dory at Rovers and not be aware of Venkys or charlatans like Waggott. I'm sure the video comments, which I haven't read yet, will pick up on the fee we got for Phillips and the "reinvestment" of any future Wharton fee.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BlueBro said:

I'm pretty sure that if the consensus of the management/ coaching staff was that Wahlstedt was the better keeper at this stage he would be picked.

It's obviously a bit concerning that he mustn't have yet demonstrated this in training, u23, and cup games. It was impossible to make a judgement at the Cardiff game as he simply didn't have enough to do. The only thing I would say is that he didn't give the aura of confidence and ownership of the penalty area that I was hoping for. Maybe they just think he isn't quite ready yet, in which case Pears needs to up his game and we need to give him support to build his confidence back up, and hope Wahlstedt is ready to step up sooner rather than later. 

I don't think Leo has played any under 21 games, Eastham and Hilton have played the few games this season. He's being judged on training and 2 games where he didn't have THAT much to do. Must be hard for a keeper to make a massive impact in training. Assuming he plays in the cup at Chelsea, you'd expect he's fairly busy that night. Frustrating for the fans but I think it'll be a waiting game on this one..... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team after hearing Leonard is out. 

Wahlstedt 

Brittain Hill Hyam Pickering 

Travis Tronstad Wharton 

Moran Szmodics Sigurdsson 

I think that is our strongest team with carter possibly in for hill but hill looked decent against Cardiff so would like to see abit more if him