BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

It’s a tough one regarding Wharton. He is clearly the best at recieving the ball on the turn and getting us on the front foot but we lose the protection of the back four.

play Travis or tronstad there and you gain the protection but slow the attack down and I fear we would get penned in our own half with no one up top who can hold the ball up and offer an alternative outlet. The last thing we need is tronstad playing one twos with the cbs all game and getting pushed into our own half.

The obvious solution is to get Wharton working on the defensive side of his game which will come with errors whilst learning but seeing as he’s probably off in summer won’t be a long term fix anyway. 

I still think we would lose more pushing Wharton forward than we would gain with a more defensive minded player in that position so for me wharton has to be the pivot as nobody else has the ability he has to do this role 

Edited by Oldgregg86

Wharton needs to grow. At the moment he’s too easily removed from the game by man marking. He has to be stronger on the ball. Granted he’s a kid playing with grown men, but for him to reach his potential he must be able overcome a Morse type marking him out of the match. 

Edited by yankfan

Hard to see anything other than another defeat for our swashbuckling, but glass-jawed side.

It will be interesting to see what JDT has, tactically, in his kit bag and I think we need to switch things around a bit to give us more spine especially in front of our goal - if we could cut out the silly defensive errors that invite opposition players to shoot from range, we'd probably go a long way towards resolving our high goals against ratio. After all, many of the goals against that we ship seem to come from our defenders standing off, and inviting shots - not many tap ins where the opposition walk the ball into the net.

I agree it is time for Leo to start in goal, perhaps utilise Philips in defence and get Sigurdsun playing the fox in the box role - we do create chances in front of goal, and we have shown we can convert them, even in the absence of a recognised striker.

Still, a toughie on Sunday lunchtime, whatever happens.

Head - Foxes get the chicken.. 0-2

Heart - Chicken out foxes the Foxes  2-1

Hard Cheese - Chickens bet the farm, but lose our feathers Mackem game style 1-3

COYJDT BLUES!

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Really tough game and hard to see us getting much here. They have the best midfield in the league with Pereira moving from RB to help Ndidi, Winks and Dewsbury Hall out, and they also have Mavidivi and McAteer who are really dangerous wide men and a choice of goalscorers up front.

We definitely need to make sure that at the very least, Travis sits deep alongside Wharton and Wahlsted comes in too. I would strongly consider a third midfielder who could bulk us up in there and also Rankin Costello in for the unfortunate Brittain (no point moving him to LB as his strength is then cancelled out) just for an extra player to drift into midfield.

We have 3 clear choices in attack but in the absence of a definite striker and with 2 of those 3 wanting to play the same role its hard to pick a side with any semblence of balance. So this is a reluctant experiment.

Wahlstedt

Rankin Costello Hill Hyam Pickering

Tronstad Wharton Travis

Moran Szmodics Sigurdsson

We are dropping our best fullback because?

Last player I'd be dropping for this is Brittain. They've got quality out wide and he's the best 1v1 defender. Both Pickering and JRC susceptible to pace. And he's got an assist in each of the last 2 league games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

We are dropping our best fullback because?

Last player I'd be dropping for this is Brittain. They've got quality out wide and he's the best 1v1 defender. Both Pickering and JRC susceptible to pace. And he's got an assist in each of the last 2 league games.

Would be equally happily with him at right back. Was just thinking because Rankin Costello can do what Pereira does for them and become an extra midfielder so we dont get overrrun.

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Wahlstedt

Rankin Costello Hill Hyam Pickering

Tronstad Wharton Travis

Moran Szmodics Sigurdsson

I'd pretty much go for that - with the exception of JRC in midfield instead of Tronstad, and Brittain playing at right back. 

Tough to drop Carter as it's not his fault that the defence was exposed - but Hill did look alright the other night. 

Off topic, but Sheffield Wednesday chairman just released this fairly explosive statement about club ownership. 

We may not be a million miles from something similar, but I hope not. 🙏🙏

Sheffield Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri has released an explosive statement this morning.

He's said: "We all love Sheffield Wednesday and I am a supporter as well as the owner who must love and care for the club more than anyone else because of the position I am in as chairman. I must take responsibility for everything at the club, including the financial support which is something I always do. But from now, I will not put additional money into the club. 

"If you say you are the owner and I am the custodian, then show me how to be the good owner and help save your club. You want me to leave but you want me to spend money? If you want me to leave, then show me how to run the club and invest the money before I do that. 

"You have no right to ask me to leave. I am the one who saved the club and spent the money for the club, I am the one who needs to pay around £2million on average every month. Some fans need to have more respect for owners of clubs and not be so selfish, thinking of their own benefit without doing anything good to the club. 

"This is not acceptable and as a result I am not willing to inject more money while I am being treated unfairly by those fans."

The Owls have a must-win game against Sunderland this evening. 😬

#CCP | #SWFC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Hard to see anything other than another defeat for our swashbuckling, but glass-jawed side.

It will be interesting to see what JDT has, tactically, in his kit bag and I think we need to switch things around a bit to give us more spine especially in front of our goal - if we could cut out the silly defensive errors that invite opposition players to shoot from range, we'd probably go a long way towards resolving our high goals against ratio. After all, many of the goals against that we ship seem to come from our defenders standing off, and inviting shots - not many tap ins where the opposition walk the ball into the net.

I agree it is time for Leo to start in goal, perhaps utilise Philips in defence and get Sigurdsun playing the fox in the box role - we do create chances in front of goal, and we have shown we can convert them, even in the absence of a recognised striker.

Still, a toughie on Sunday lunchtime, whatever happens.

Head - Foxes get the chicken.. 0-2

Heart - Chicken out foxes the Foxes  2-1

Hard Cheese - Chickens bet the farm, but lose our feathers Mackem game style 1-3

COYJDT BLUES!

Phillips is a Spurs player now.

34 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Off topic, but Sheffield Wednesday chairman just released this fairly explosive statement about club ownership. 

Sheffield Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri has released an explosive statement this morning.

He's said: "We all love Sheffield Wednesday and I am a supporter as well as the owner who must love and care for the club more than anyone else because of the position I am in as chairman. I must take responsibility for everything at the club, including the financial support which is something I always do. But from now, I will not put additional money into the club. 

"If you say you are the owner and I am the custodian, then show me how to be the good owner and help save your club. You want me to leave but you want me to spend money? If you want me to leave, then show me how to run the club and invest the money before I do that. 

"You have no right to ask me to leave. I am the one who saved the club and spent the money for the club, I am the one who needs to pay around £2million on average every month. Some fans need to have more respect for owners of clubs and not be so selfish, thinking of their own benefit without doing anything good to the club. 

"This is not acceptable and as a result I am not willing to inject more money while I am being treated unfairly by those fans."

#CCP | #SWFC

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out - W****r.

Venkys out!

Chansiri out!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out - W****r.

Venkys out!

Chansiri out!

There is no comparison between Chansiri and Venkys.

Chansiri cares, has provided financial support, is involved and goes to matches and talks to fans even if they don't like what they say.

Ours have provided previous financial support and that's about it whilst constantly employing charlatans at Board level to run the club down.

With Chansiri it's like going to a bar for years because you like the beer but with a bar owner who tells you to feck off nightly. Eventually you have to tell him to do one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

#CCP | #SWFC

But they didn't rescue Rovers from anything they ruined a perfectly stable Premier league club and have kept it on life support ever since.

So unless they are finally admitting that there'll be no similar statement from them.

• Like 4

Should be a good entertaining game this, even if its at a terrible time on Sunday which pretty much writes off the day to do anything else!

Defo going to be goals, just hope we convert more chances than we did against sunderland and come away with the three points. Nothing to fear at home even if it is top of the leage money bags Leicester.

Perhaps give Wharton a rest and put Tronstad in there along with Sigurdson to start with but other than that wouldnt tinker too much.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Andy said:

Will be a tough game, they’re a good side at this level.

I’d either go with 3 CBs (Hill coming in) or have Tronstad as the pivot in midfield.

This would free A.Wharton up to do his thing further upfield, with either a box to box next to him (Travis/Garrett) or Moran.

I’d go with Szmodics as a false 9, with Sigurdsson and Markanday either side.

Wouldn’t be upset with a point, but we should be aiming to win every home game.

2-1 Rovers.

No Moran?

Wharton had a break midweek. He’s the first name on the team sheet as he’s absolutely integral to the way JDT wants us playing.

Unfortunately JRC didn’t get a break on Wednesday so I can’t see him starting. This is a mistake for me as he’s by far our best fullback and his ability to come inside and help out the midfield has been central to everything good we’ve done since last Christmas.

I’d like to see…

Wahlstedt

JRC           Carter            Hill        Brittain

Garrett      Wharton

Markanday           Moran        Sigurdsson

Szmodics

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Wharton had a break midweek. He’s the first name on the team sheet as he’s absolutely integral to the way JDT wants us playing.

Unfortunately JRC didn’t get a break on Wednesday so I can’t see him starting. This is a mistake for me as he’s by far our best fullback and his ability to come inside and help out the midfield has been central to everything good we’ve done since last Christmas.

I’d like to see…

Wahlstedt

JRC           Carter            Hill        Brittain

Garrett      Wharton

Markanday           Moran        Sigurdsson

Szmodics

You think JRC is that much better than Brittan? I am not so sure, I do like him but I think Brittan is the better fullback. I also think we should be playing a mid field 3 to really unlock Wharton as a playmaker, rather than leaving him isolated and having to chase back and defend. Whcih to be fair he just doesn't do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

There is no comparison between Chansiri and Venkys.

Chansiri cares, has provided financial support, is involved and goes to matches and talks to fans even if they don't like what they say.

Ours have provided previous financial support and that's about it whilst constantly employing charlatans at Board level to run the club down.

With Chansiri it's like going to a bar for years because you like the beer but with a bar owner who tells you to feck off nightly. Eventually you have to tell him to do one.

We have Wednesday fans in the family Asia, they tell a very different story. The Darren Moore saga was the final straw for many, utter shambles by the media hungry Chansiri.

• Like 1