BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Some players get injured a lot because they're never fully fit.

And they're never fully fit,because they get injured all the time.

I suspect that Ennis is in this category.

And some players won’t play unless they are absolutely 100% fit. The slightest niggle and they aren’t playing. Ayala ring any bells ? We’ve all played in amateur teams with guys like that. I was reading about an All Black forward the other day. He said “ I won over 100 caps for New Zealand and I reckon I was 100% fit for 2 of them “. Different code, different attitudes. Men versus boys.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The head coach did question the state of him on arrival i'm not sure what is mind boggling about that.

It's very clear that our fitness standards are pretty high. Our style of play requires a high level of fitness and we've signed a number of players who have been deemed to not meet that requirement in their first few weeks.

There's a difference between his match fitness and his fitness for a medical. JDT has not implied that he was unfit to sign.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

And some players won’t play unless they are absolutely 100% fit. The slightest niggle and they aren’t playing. Ayala ring any bells ? We’ve all played in amateur teams with guys like that. I was reading about an All Black forward the other day. He said “ I won over 100 caps for New Zealand and I reckon I was 100% fit for 2 of them “. Different code, different attitudes. Men versus boys.

To be fair, I played with injury niggles for years and I am certainly paying the price now. Knees, back, shoulder, neck are all painful because of injuries sustained 40 years ago. I don't regret it because I loved playing and didn't want to miss a match but it comes back to haunt you later in life

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

To be fair, I played with injury niggles for years and I am certainly paying the price now. Knees, back, shoulder, neck are all painful because of injuries sustained 40 years ago. I don't regret it because I loved playing and didn't want to miss a match but it comes back to haunt you later in life

You must have played with guys like the ones I referred to Jim. I know I did.

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Everything else has been cut to the bone, why not the medical staff ?

Any evidence or just another wild suggestion? 

Just now, Eddie said:

It's very clear that our fitness standards are pretty high. Our style of play requires a high level of fitness and we've signed a number of players who have been deemed to not meet that requirement in their first few weeks.

There's a difference between his match fitness and his fitness for a medical. JDT has not implied that he was unfit to sign.

spot on Eddie

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You must have played with guys like the ones I referred to Jim. I know I did.

I was a mix of both , I always played injured or not but I’d spend half an hour before the game moaning telling everyone about my injuries 😂

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You don’t think everything at the club as been cut to the bone ? I would have thought closing the Blackburn End for a first team game would have told you all you needed to know.

You mentioned the medical department cut to the bone? I asked for evidence of this? I guess you haven't got any. 

Here is the LinkedIn profiles of staff who work in the medical side at Rovers whether first team, under 21's and academy

(1) Blackburn Rovers Football Club: People | LinkedIn

By my reckoning we haven’t won an away league game in Coventry since 1992 (2-0 Shearer and Atkins). We hammered them 4-0 a few years back but that was played at Brum. Even at our peak we struggled down there, including my first ever away game in 1995 (a disappointing but ultimately crucial 1-1 draw)…the following season we were trounced 5-0 in the snow by Peter Ndluvo and co. Throw in the 99th minute equaliser fiasco a few years back and I feel I can justify my pessimism about tonight. Here’s hoping we can banish the hoodoo tonight! 

In fairness reading all the Ennis injury stuff, didn’t he get clattered or have a collision with someone? I remember being at the game when he came off and it wasn’t like he pulled a hamstring with no one around or something. 
May have a bad history with injuries but an injury caused by a collision could happen to anyone

Edited by Crozzy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

In fairness reading all the Ennis injury stuff, didn’t he get clattered or have a collision with someone? I remember being at the game when he came off and it wasn’t like he pulled a hamstring with no one around or something. 
May have a bad history with injuries but an injury caused by a collision could happen to anyone

he went fully in for the ball,so he is`nt scared of getting injured,like you said,getting clatterend on the knee could happen to anybody

• Like 1

I try to think the worst may happen in the hope that the best outcome will rise to the the top. So defeat will mean we will drop to 21st or thereabouts if the others around us all win.

On that basis we will sneak a win hopefully.,

4 changes. 

Wahlstedt 

Carter Hill Hyam Brittain

JRC Wharton

Markanday Moran Dolan

Szmodics

Subs: Hilton Pickering Wharton Travis Tronstad Garrett Siguardson Telalovic Ennis 

Edited by chaddyrovers