BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Southampton (a) - 16/12/23

1 minute ago, booth said:

3-0 to Callum Brittain's stupidity.

Doubt we would have got anything anyway but two weeks wages for something so needless and stupid really isn't adequate. He's letting his team mates down on the day and we're stretched enough for bodies as it is.

• Like 1

Just now, RTM08 said:

Don't be silly, we haven't got close to them at all. The red didn't help, but we were never getting a point. Another game where we haven't even attempted to play. 

He got sent off for nothing, and since then our game went from trying to nick a goal, to damage limitation.

It certainly wouldn't have been 4-0 had he stayed on the pitch - I reckon he was going to get subbed before he got sent off too.

• Like 2

The only teams who have lost more than us are the teams in the bottom three. Another season where JDT, as good as the football can be, has shown a complete and total inability keep games close. 

Some of the worst performances of my lifetime have come under his tenure, which is frustrating because we can be so good. 

• Like 5

That's a right old drubbing and seems to fair reflection of the game. I really don't understand why so many folk thought we had a chance today and why they also thought Martin is a poor manager

There's too many mistakes in this Rovers team, silly individual errors that lead to soft goals. 

I still think this is Tomasson's last season. He's done as much as he can with the thin resources he's been given to work with

• Like 4

Highlights: few and far between, but Leo made some excellent saves and that’s encouraging. Pickering was solid and contributed. Kept Adam Armstrong quiet. Sammie Szmodics never stopped closing down.

lowlights: Brittain, Hill, Moran and Tronstad had poor games. No urgency to shift play to our left, where we are strongest. They kept play out on the right and we suffered for it. Execution across the team was of a low standard and I can’t be sure of it, but fatigue and enforcing coach travel for long-distance games surely has something to do with it.

Overall, away at Southampton won’t define this season and with players back, we should have every chance of overturning this at Ewood. We lost that game, they didn’t do too much to win it. Russell Martin will not get this team promoted, he’s a used car dealer of a manager, definition of a tin-pot Guardiola. Celebrating like he did, over a 4-0 against ten men, with our injury list and average squad age is fitting of the gilet-sporting, competitive Dad, Klopp-impersonating half-man he is.

• Backroom

These days you have to accept us losing the moment we concede first, but would have been nice not to have our GD smashed in the process. Especially as we'd kept it to a somewhat respectable 2-0 until the last couple of minutes. 

With that said, when you lose 4-0 and your goalkeeper is still PotM... yeah. This was one to forget. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Doubt we would have got anything anyway but two weeks wages for something so needless and stupid really isn't adequate. He's letting his team mates down on the day and we're stretched enough for bodies as it is.

I wasn't trying to say we'd get anything from it, but whilst he was on the pitch we didn't look in any danger of it being such a massive loss. It had a big effect on the scoreline and morale in an already difficult game with a thin young squad and tired legs.

We got dicked on goal difference last year and now we're another -4, helped massive by that foppy haired f***wit.

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Another 'throw one in' no show..seen it too many times.

You'll see a lot more when the owners fail to put anything in every transfer window and enforce a young player only transfer policy.

Edited by booth

Always a tough assignment but to just not show up is pathetic yet again.

Sick of this weak as piss team at times they'll do well to finish 12th this season and i don't want to hear bus or young excuses today.  It was crap there is nothing up top yet he starts Briitain up there again but leaves Ennis benched again.

Brittain also needs fining for that stupidity.