BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (a) - 26/12/23

10 minutes ago, BlueXIII said:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Venkys & Broughton.

Anyone blaming the manager the players is out of it. The fact that we're not in the relegation zone with this squad is nothing short of a miracle and we have JDT to thank. And this isn't meant to criticize the players - they are a bunch of academy lads in the first team for no other reason than we have lost every senior player of any experience or quality. They have shown some good qualities but that does not translate into well-rounded players fit for this level. The non-academy lads meanwhile were also not Championship quality, it's thanks to JDT they have developed at least somewhat and won us some points. 100% we would be in the relegation zone with a lot of other managers.

The blame, besides the obvious Venkys, lies on the shoulders of Broughton the complete clown. Yes we have a meager budget, but the club boasted that it got in 7 players during the summer window. The majority of whom are crocks or actual amateurs that we cannot use. That's on him. 

I seem to be on my own in agreeing with you on your last paragraph, it's incomprehensible to me that with funds particularly tight we blew our summer budget on "Leo" and that with the need for a striker paramount for the last 12-24 months the best he could come up with has been Hirst, Ennis and Telalovic, funds limited or not. Then of course we had the transfer window debacle last January.

As I've said more or less from the off - bullshitter extraordinaire.

How's the plans to turn us into "a sustainable Premier League side" going Gregg?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lraC said:

If I was him tonight I would give the owners and Waggott a piece of my mind. He was not brought in to make do with what he has been dealt.

When you look at the first goal today, you have to wonder how far we have sunk, when our previous keeper goes for peanuts to a team who were playing in the conference not that long ago.

Today was embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as the shell of a club we now are and so far removed from  the club that this famous town was once so proud of.

Ruined by chancers and I see no way back anytime soon. 

So the debacle today and many others have nothing to do with Tomasson? 

• Like 2

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Hope springs eternal but if it's got to that stage then we're in trouble. 

Certainly felt like a bunch of players that had lost trust in the process and each other today.

If they don't bounce back in the next few games,  I really fear we're going to be telling a TM death spiral to hold our beer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

So the debacle today and many others have nothing to do with Tomasson? 

I didn’t say that. I am sure it did, but the guy is working with a hand tied behind his back. I’m sure you can see that too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Left early.

That was a joke. Ennis, Smozdics, Brittain, A Wharton, Whalstead were embarrassing.

No effort, just turgid slow football.

Apart from Peterborough away under Mowbray even in the worst of times on the worst of days I have never jn 60 years left a match early. Today sounds like it might have been another 

• Like 2

Just seen the highlights. Wahlstedt can hang his head in shame with letting that first one in. Awful.

Defence were horrific for the second and Brittain just falling over, giving the ball away for the 3rd was pathetic. 

Most noticeable thing was how little effort the players seemed to be putting in for all 3. 

Unacceptable.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Just seen the highlights. Wahlstedt can hang his head in shame with letting that first one in. Awful.

Defence were horrific for the second and Brittain just falling over, giving the ball away for the 3rd was pathetic. 

Most noticeable thing was how little effort the players seemed to be putting in for all 3. 

Unacceptable.

That's how it was for most of the game, when they weren't bitching at each other.

Had to endure that shambles whilst sat with the Town fans. Needless to say I didn’t need to keep quiet as there was nothing of note from Rovers to get excited about.

As predicted, Darren Moore had done his homework on our team and made sure we couldn’t play through them. The more we passed it around the more comfortable Town were to hit us on the break. 

I think the Thomasson/Broughton project has run its course.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Apart from Peterborough away under Mowbray even in the worst of times on the worst of days I have never jn 60 years left a match early. Today sounds like it might have been another 

At least you didn’t travel Jim and so we can’t blame your presence / away record.

• Moderation Lead

Can’t honestly describe how pathetic we were today. A total embarrassment. They’ve brought shame on the football club today. They don’t care, like, but I do and I’ve spent £45 on ticket and travel before considering the amount spend on food and drink.
Just an all around shit day.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Can’t honestly describe how pathetic we were today. A total embarrassment. They’ve brought shame on the football club today. They don’t care, like, but I do and I’ve spent £45 on ticket and travel before considering the amount spend on food and drink.
Just an all around shit day.

I didn’t go to the game but it just topped off a shit Xmas. My central heating boiler packed in yesterday morning as well.

I'd say of the 3 people who have to take blame for the current situation JDT is still at the bottom of the list. We are on a bad run and he's not done much to address it. But the hand venkys have given him is exceptionally poor and ultimately some of the players he's been given by broughton aren't up to the standard.

There's no quality in that front 3 at all, there's no quality on the bench to mix it up at that end of the pitch either. Too many kids and those finding their way who aren't there yet. A squad with holes and no depth. No striker with a nose for a goal. A keeper who makes regular mistakes. A severe lack of athleticism in the side, no pace, no power and no strength.

I'd say JDT deserves stick but I look at that today and you have to hold your hands up and say a different lineup would be just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, ultimately it wouldn't make too much difference.

Where we go from here I don't know. We need bodies in, and that'll have to be injuries returning because there doesn't appear to be a pot to piss in. Pears, Hedges, Dolan, JRC and Gally make us a marginally better side so I hope that's enough to arrest the worrying slide.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I seem to be on my own in agreeing with you on your last paragraph, it's incomprehensible to me that with funds particularly tight we blew our summer budget on "Leo" and that with the need for a striker paramount for the last 12-24 months the best he could come up with has been Hirst, Ennis and Telalovic, funds limited or not. Then of course we had the transfer window debacle last January.

As I've said more or less from the off - bullshitter extraordinaire.

How's the plans to turn us into "a sustainable Premier League side" going Gregg?

How about the Venky's bullshiitters plan of champions League football for 5 million per season.

Which ever way you dress it up it all started on 19th November 2010, and the way things are going re:- getting money out of India it's not going to end well as some have said (protesters) but a lot's have ignored ( hand ringers) at the club's peril.

• Like 1