BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham Utd (h) - 1/1/24

Too quick out the blocks, That tempo is not sustainable over 90 minutes. Similar to the game against Bristol city where we had it under control and puffed out around the hour Mark. Beautiful to watch at times, if only we can get that game management balance right. Telalovic again unlucky not to score but his link up play brought another dynamic to the game. I might get some stick for this but I feel we are only a few tweeks off something special. 

• Like 5

Just now, RTM08 said:

For me it's a lack of versatility. I appreciate he hasn't got options, but in that case why are we playing a style of football that entirely relies on keeping energy levels extremely high? It means that every game we're relying on kids and freebies to keep our leads and there's no coincidence that we concede a significant number after subs have been made.

He has to adapt, the current style of football is pretty but ineffective and we are sliding backwards with every passing game.

Just my opinion, but to my eyes we didn't look too bad today for a team with obvious deficiencies.

We didn't win because we have a poor goalie and we didn't put away our chances. We also have two mediocre full backs who were huffing away at the 75 minute mark, both looking better going forwards than defending. Not signing an experienced defender, as JDT requested is also biting us massively in the arse. When we had a free option waiting to sign it looks even more ludicrous. Then you look at the bench and expecting any of them to come in and make a difference is always going to end in disappointment. Telalovic seemed to do the basics a lot better than Ennis and it's no surprise that we suffered when he went off.

Despite that we still didn't look too open today. We're always going to concede in the last ten with the injuries we have and no one to come on to grind the game out.

In any case, even if he adapts we seem to be stuck with a goalie who gives the opposition a goal head start every game.

Travis on instead of Markanday to help protect Brittain and help run down time. Ennis can’t press for the life of him so we look a lot different with him on. Pickering allows easy crosses that our defenders can’t deal with. Wish we had a battler like Ayala now. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Club is finished until there is a complete overhaul at the top.

Still an agent's playground. Winning means nothing to the tossers above the manager. JDT should walk. The right man in the wrong era and environment. He is working with crap, being given buttons, and expected to pull off miracles.

I can only apologise, Jon. This isn't the real Blackburn Rovers you are dealing with. The people above you are not ours. I do not claim any of those bastards as representatives of this fantastic club.

Venky's, Waggott, Silvester, Gregg and the rest alongside you. Bollocks to the lot of you. You deserve relegation. Sadly, it is us, the players and the manager who will be left hurting by it.

Amen

14 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Club is finished until there is a complete overhaul at the top.

Still an agent's playground. Winning means nothing to the tossers above the manager. JDT should walk. The right man in the wrong era and environment. He is working with crap, being given buttons, and expected to pull off miracles.

I can only apologise, Jon. This isn't the real Blackburn Rovers you are dealing with. The people above you are not ours. I do not claim any of those bastards as representatives of this fantastic club.

Venky's, Waggott, Silvester, Gregg and the rest alongside you. Bollocks to the lot of you. You deserve relegation. Sadly, it is us, the players and the manager who will be left hurting by it.

Here here - the day will come when they fuck off eventually. 

3 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Too quick out the blocks, That tempo is not sustainable over 90 minutes. Similar to the game against Bristol city where we had it under control and puffed out around the hour Mark. Beautiful to watch at times, if only we can get that game management balance right. Telalovic again unlucky not to score but his link up play brought another dynamic to the game. I might get some stick for this but I feel we are only a few tweeks off something special. 

I’m 100% happy in what I see in Telalovic. When he scores i think he’ll crack on annd get a few. He’s streets ahead of all our current strikers in my opinion…

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Travis on instead of Markanday to help protect Brittain and help run down time. Ennis can’t press for the life of him so we look a lot different with him on. Pickering allows easy crosses that our defenders can’t deal with. Wish we had a battler like Ayala now. 

Tried that loads of times. If anything it just expedites things.

Ennis looks awful. I think our only battler was Tronstad.

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I’m 100% happy in what I see in Telalovic. When he scores i think he’ll crack on annd get a few. He’s streets ahead of all our current strikers in my opinion…

One of the few to win a defensive header too

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Wharton and Szmodics,our only saleable assets...watch this space.

I thought The Eggs job was to “increase squad value” or some shite like that. 
Not the best look when your main assets are academy lads (and Szmodics).

We have Jack and the academy he built to thank that we can even muster a team together these days!

• Like 1

• Backroom

I often see it said that we don't put our chances away - but we've scored 39 goals this season, which is on the higher end of teams up to 5th and we've actually scored more than WBA in 5th and Sunderland in 6th.

It's not being able to defend that's the problem, as evidenced by the 48 goals we've shipped, second only to our illustrious opponents today who have conceded 50. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Not sure why you ask that but I'll answer anyway, last month...why?

Which game? 

The reason for asking is you seem to be an expert on current player fitness, something you’d only know about if you actually  attended games regularly in my opinion. Watching them tracking back against Watford especially was telling and the games are coming thick and fast.

It’s not the only reason the side is struggling, but it’s one major factor for me, these players are running on empty, the side is lacking quality too, due to the owners pulling the budget in the summer and we are where we are. 

Im surprised anyone is shocked to be frank.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

How many of our cash buys could we actually sell now at a profit? 

Szmodics - possibly

Hyam - maybe

Markanday, Pears, Wahlstedt, Brittain, Pickering, Gallagher, Telalovic? Not a chance. And before these we had jokers like Edun and Davenport who made no impact and disappeared out of the club.

It's piss poor recruitment and it's been going on for years. When you're checking the back of the sofa for loose change you can't afford this many mistakes.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

So much “ they’re tired “ …they are full time professional players for Gods sake. 
They don’t tire like we do down there in the lower leagues…Wharton looks buggered after 10  minutes…no balls , it doesn’t matter enough. 
The shirt means more to us than it does to them….over worked ?? More overpaid . 
As for Tomasson …nice chap but if he wishes to develop his CV and his philosophy it should not be at Ewood Park….we need a man who will insist that his players play like men ! 

Then direct your rage at Waggott, the bullshit merchant who knew the taps were being turned off but then allowed Broughton to bring in a manager on the pretence we were going to steadily build a decent side.

It's never been the remit to play like men, or to have any ambition other than staying out of L1. And that's the kind of ambition that lands you in L1.

• Like 5