BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Connolly would be an improvement on Gally without a doubt.

Billy Connolly would probably be an improvement on Gally.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have no idea why you bothered replying to me if you do is moan and whinge about my post. If they are such a problem just ignore them. 

His car analogy was wrong completely by the way.  

His car analogy was absolutely spot on though. 

It probably doesn’t need explaining but it’s based on you saying the team is in a good state and then saying we need 7 or 8 signings. The car analogy was based on a car being in a good state despite needing 5 or 6 major additions.

Im pretty sure everyone got it apart from you though. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I guess we will need to recruit a head of recruitment before we recruit players.🤔

By the time that is approved by India we will be playing our friendlies. 

They're not totally daft

Then it will be about how this summer is too soon to judge the Broughton replacement as he arrived too late and we will see the benefits of it in windows to come.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I think any talk of permanent signings for fees is very optimistic. A well run club would look at the money coming in for Wharton & Raya and invest in the squad. But we're an absolute basket case club with no plan and owners who'll scoop up whatever money they can get hold of to cover their losses. 

Although I do like him and thought he made a genuine impact during the relegation scrap, we're being spoon fed Fadz potentially signing for another 12 months as a big deal. I think that tells you everything about where we are. I'm fully expecting a summer of experienced Championship freebies and the usual Premier League loans to fill out the squad. 

I have no doubt in my mind, this is exactly how it will play out. We will be fortunate to buy one League 1 player, for £1-2 mil, ala, Szmodics. This plan is guaranteed to result in a relegation scrap. 

The idiocy of all this, is preceded by allowing players like Rothwell & Lenihan leave on a freebie. And selling off our most promising U21’s. who does this!?

Blackburn Rovers. Time & again. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I guess we will need to recruit a head of recruitment before we recruit players.🤔

By the time that is approved by India we will be playing our friendlies. 

The head of recruitment/scouting is still here in Sean Kimberley 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have no idea why you bothered replying to me if you do is moan and whinge about my post. If they are such a problem just ignore them. 

His car analogy was wrong completely by the way.  

Probably should, although I don't think that excuses your deliberately incendiary posting. Far from it in fact. 

And you're second sentence shows you knew exactly what he was saying and what an analogy is. Interesting you didn't reply or engage with it properly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

Probably should, although I don't think that excuses your deliberately incendiary posting. Far from it in fact. 

And you're second sentence shows you knew exactly what he was saying and what an analogy is. Interesting you didn't reply or engage with it properly. 

I can highly recommend the ignore option.

• Like 3

On 12/05/2024 at 10:18, J*B said:

Like all footballers he will sign for whichever club offers him the most money and ultimately chance of progression to a top league. 

If that's the case then for that reason alone we should be pretty highly thought of & in a good position Compton our peers.

In the last 24 months we've had Rothwell, BBD, Kaminski, Phillips, Wharton, probably soon-to-be Szmodics, all leave us for PL (or equivalent) clubs; over a slightly longer period there's Raya; whilst over an extended time we've given really good loan periods to the likes of Elliot, Van Hecke, Tosin, Read, who can all credit their loan spells here as crucial to the progress of their careers.

I'm sure that's a record that stands up against anyone else's in our position.

I don't want us to be a stepping stone for the likes of Luton, Brentford etc. for too long of course, but at least we can offer that carrot of short term individual betterment to prospective players, whether that's with us or as a next move. If we can attract enough, then maybe even we can develop as a club alongside of them as we....

Oops, sorry, getting carried away a bit there...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

whiteman yet to agree a new deal with pne,good player at this level and a steal for free if north end can`t agree new terms with him,not expecting that much ambition from us,such is our complete nadir of uselessness in the boardroom

Never heard of this guy, have you?@Sparks Rover

• Like 4

i`ll be pleasantly surprised if we pay the money for mcguire,1 i think he`s miles better than gallagher and 2 it will mean gally is off,no way we are going to be paying big wages for both of them,nothing against gallagher,he`s just regressed to the point where he now looks a complete incumberance

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

whiteman yet to agree a new deal with pne,good player at this level and a steal for free if north end can`t agree new terms with him,not expecting that much ambition from us,such is our complete nadir of uselessness in the boardroom

I'd guess that the reason he hasn't yet agreed a new deal with pne is that he doesn't intend to be that "free" - but will want a significant signing on fee plus wages. That central midfield position with Tronstad, Travis, JRC , Buckley is one where we look to be reasonably well catered for so I think probably we pass on this.

I may be in the minority but I'm not fussed if we sign McGuire or not. I think there are better options out there than someone who has played in the MLS. I will caveat that with I've never seen him play so what do I know!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2024/january/ben-whiteman-signs-new-long-term-deal/

He signed a new contract in January

Browne is out of contract with them this summer

11 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I may be in the minority but I'm not fussed if we sign McGuire or not. I think there are better options out there than someone who has played in the MLS. I will caveat that with I've never seen him play so what do I know!

Reminds me of Kevin Davies looking at his clips on Youtube. Looks like a bit of a lump, questionable touch. But good luck to him if he signs. 

• Like 1