BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

Finishing a must-win game passing the ball between THREE centre halves is enough. 

Said it many times, but Gallagher on the pitch makes us far worse.

JE OUT is the only chance of survival this season.

• Like 2

Just now, OJRovers said:

Finishing a must-win game passing the ball between THREE centre halves is enough. 

No manager is getting anything out of these players I’m afraid.

• Like 4

Just now, Torgeir said:

We've been shit for a while mate. Not sure you've noticed. Difference is we have more players at the back defending. 

Who do I blame all the injuries on?

3 decent eustace performances are equal to one decent JDT one.  

Given the returnees from injury and new signings were a much better team than December 1st.  Where is the performance to match, and where is the mentality 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, alcd said:

Millwall were terrible and had no ambition. If we can't beat that - and created next to nothing - then I just don't see where another 10 points are coming from

Easy, 10 games, 10 draws.

Sussed out John’s plan I did

• Like 1

Who wouldn’t take JDT back at this stage. At least we created chances to score. Now we’re conceding and not anywhere near scoring. 

As bad and boring as these tactics are blame has to fall on GB and the owners.  The only funds we’ve spent are in a kid that can’t get off the bench and a keeper who dives away from the ball.

McGuire should be thanking his stars we pushed the wrong button. 

• Like 2

That was bad.

This team, who reportedly lost confidence in JDT, ought to look themselves in the mirror and question their mental strength, their football ability and their own career achievements.

Love or hate JDT, he was a winner, who took on a team of, let's have this right, losers. And they had the audacity to question his methods.

As for Eustace, I would love to give him time, but he let us all down this evening and I will be closely following his post match presser.

I want ownership of a poor performance - no excuses, no cliches.

• Like 5

At least when Mowbray was brought in we fought to stay up, got a high enough points total to stay up most years. We looked better than before he was appointed (not a high bar, and yes I know we still got relegated)

This is dire 

I'm sorry but the tactic of sending everything down the right in the second half when Pickering was filling a gap for an injury just beggar's belief. He is so one footed that if the ball was played behind him he just had to backwards, it must have happened 30+ times. Yet not a single player or coach tried to change it.

• Like 2

Was that the first save in the 92nd minute.

We are so devoid of ideas and quality , Millwall got what they came for. Shocking error for our goal, only way we looked like scoring. Leo let's one go in, no deflection middle of the goal, that's poor even at 7 a side.

Just how does Eustace intend to win games. Szmodics and blind hope ? 

• Like 1

Given what I expected when I saw who was in goal and Millwall's form, I'm pleasantly surprised with a point. 

Is it enough? It's a point further from the relegation zone. Stoke lost again, as did our next opponents Plymouth. Bit surprised and worried Sheff Wed are climbing out of the mire but still tonight wasn't a disaster result wise. 

The bigger issue for me is by all accounts our play, attitude and everything else is hurtling downwards and will inevitably catch up with us next year if we aren't crap enough to go down this time round. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

I honestly can’t believe we finished that match with 3 at the back. 3 lads at the back launching it down the channel to Markanday….against Millwall!

• Like 1

Why play three centre halves at home to shit sides....dreadful tactics... Had our owners and Waggot back the new Swedish head coach we could had been in for promotion... So appalling...shame Venkys and Waggot