BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024

I said it at the start and I’ll say it again, Eustace is a very good manager and I can’t wait to see his team in August. To come back from a 5-0 hammering and then beat Leeds at Elland Road, whilst keeping a CS, amazing!

lets hope the sides below us lose today and then there will be less pressure next week!

• Like 2

You may be deligjted/indifferent/disappointed to know I made it out of the pub alive. 

Game of 2 halves for me. First half I thought was very poor. Gave the ball away far too cheaply and offered nothing going forwards. 

Second half Leeds up their game and their attacks but we defended better and actually offered stuff going forwards. This relieved the pressure on our defence significantly  and caused some threat. In fact we had a few good chances and only some excellent defending stopped us taking the lead earlier. 

Great goal, well taken and cracking assist. Also on their pens given they were throwing themselves to the floor and falling theatrically at every point - including one penalty appeal - that must have worked against them. Brought the lack of pens, especially on the debatable one, on themselves. Bamford is a self entitled pillock. Bit more application and he might be a third of the player he thinks he is. 

Overall stuck one to Leeds and staying up. 

• Like 1

Just now, M_B said:

Brilliant result

D L W D L W

Considering 4 were away, and we've played Ipswich, Southampton and Leeds, we're actually showing some good form. 

He's a good Championship manager. JDT was better, but I think we've been fortunate to land Eustace - the Birmingham Chairman admitted he made a mistake sacking him.

The sad thing is if JDT had been willing to apply this type of setup & game plan on occasion (depending on various circumstances) instead of always going "Banzai!" we might be worried about top 6 & not this crap we're dealing with.

• Like 3

@rigger, you had it right. What a nice surprise win. 

As to the game. Rovers did what teams at all levels do when playing against superior opposition; keep it tight and hope for a chance on the break. It's not pretty, it's not a tactical masterclass, but it is effective. 

Leeds players were trying their hardest to con the ref into giving them a pen, not a chance for any of them. Gallagher's arm may have been given a long look by VAR, but I doubt the official would have overturned the ref's initial no pen decision. 

Gallagher won 1 attacking header all game, and Dolan had 1 decent pass. Those combined led to Szmodics cool finish. How did both of them miss the cross from Szmodics? 

I think that Gallagher was far more effective in Rovers box defending Leeds crosses.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

I said it at the start and I’ll say it again, Eustace is a very good manager and I can’t wait to see his team in August. To come back from a 5-0 hammering and then beat Leeds at Elland Road, whilst keeping a CS, amazing!

lets hope the sides below us lose today and then there will be less pressure next week!

he is`nt,he`s a yes man employed by swag to keep silent and keep us winning a few games every so often,his team in august will be worse than now,cos there will be no one left of any quality,sorry to appear downbeat,but thats rovers in the swag/venky era,completely bereft of any ambition

9 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

55 years and counting ! 

Blackburn Rovers , you are in my heart and you are in my soul !

What a wonderful unexpected result !

Waggy, I hope to say that someday. 
If I do, I will be 106! 🤣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Worth noting that without the thrashing at Bristol, we wouldn't have won today.  

You are probably right.

What a difference 65 hours makes!

The thing is, most of our recent games have been very tight, and in that respect the Sunderland win and Bristol City loss were both odd.

An absolutely fantastic result today, under extreme pressure.

Hopefully, a defining moment.

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We can for sure go to Leeds tomorrow and pick up a positive result. 

Probably the only poster who predicted a positive result and the ones who jumped on him for it are looking a bit silly now 😁

Good effort chaddy lad.

• Like 8