BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JHRover said:

It is a weaker defence because we've lost players and havent signed any, yet.

It's simple. It isn't as strong because two backup options have gone. It isn't stronger because they haven't been replaced with better, yet. So it is weaker. If the season started tomorrow we have the same defence as last year but without the same backup. Weaker.

The post, if you care to read it refers to the SQUAD. Which in my opinion, and many others is not weaker than last season (pre losing Raya when the post was made, but we can't magic a keeper up within the space of an hour of him leaving). We should also be comparing like for like on the 3rd of August too not now. 

• Like 2

I am hoping the sale of Raya has only been sanctioned because Mowbray has a suitable replacement lined up. 

We really don't want to start the season with just Luetwiler  and Fisher on the books.

I also hope the money from the sale is added to the current budget and doesn't disappear into a black hole.

• Like 2

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Fisher had a nightmare on loan below the conference shipping goals for fun

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Nailed on No.1 then ?

who’s starting today in goal though

Does people here do any research at all? He did not have a nightmare on loan.

https://roverschat.com/loan-watch-how-did-andy-fisher-do-at-fc-united-of-manchester/

Rovers chat has done a great job on checking up how our loan players have done by contacting the loan club's supporters. Verdict on Fischer:

“Andy Fisher has been a breath of fresh air between the sticks since coming to FC. It’s been quite some time since the fans have had a keeper which it seems we all have full confidence in.

Andy has been a huge improvement on our contracted goalkeeper and this has allowed us to send our contracted goalkeeper out on loan.

We are still conceding goals at an alarming rate but this cannot be attributed to Andy who to his credit has put in some brilliant performances behind a very shaky defence and ever-changing midfield.

I am very confident that Andy will go on to have a bright future in the professional game.”

• Like 4

My take on the Raya situation is that there was mistakes from him and many wanted to replace him. There was a meeting between the keepers and Mowbray and I don't think Raya accepted it and as a result dropped in favour of Leuwiller. This forced Mowbray's hand.

Brentford's interest in Raya added to this and a parting of the ways was inevitable.

Downing's arrival concerns me a little. we've had our finger's burnt with players after one last pay day but time will tell.

Many of the so called experts on here cried we wanted experience in midfield to compliment Travis. Well here comes Bradley Johnson and the same so called experts are now sayiing he is over the hill.

Many have pointed out defence is a major concern and yes if I was Mowbray it would have been the first point I'd have addressed but I still think the issues is Mowbray's tactical ideas rather than personnel.

I'm a big critic of Mowbray but I can't be critical of his signings so far although there is concern for the signings not made yet but there is still time.   

11 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

3 more signings and we could have this squad. I personally think this would have a real shot at promotion. 

Darlow

Nyambe Lenihan Cooper Bell

Travis Johnson

Chapman Dack Rothwell 

Graham 

Leuitweiller Mulgrew Evans Downing Davenport Williams Bennett Armstrong Brereton Gallagher Buckley Butterworth Smallwood Samuel Nuttall 

Missed a few youngsters off who will be challenging eg Magloire 

Just now, savage90 said:

Good sale. 

If nothing else,  the academy produced a 3 million keeper. Hasn't been many keepers from own ranks that has made something of themselves. Apart from Frank Fielding carving a decent career, you probably have to go back to Shay Given I think. 

• Like 3

The old 'undisclosed fee' narks me. Good luck to Raya who always seemed a genuine person.

I suggested Joe Day, then of Newport as a potential signing. Young, free and an excellent prospect. He has since gone to Cardiff and I think he will end up as number one there soon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Yes, our current squad is better than last seasons. That's not false, it's my opinion and I know for a fact I'm not alone in having it.

Who's the usual crew? People who don't whine constantly you mean?

Can't agree with the squad comment - yet.  

We've lost Downing, Reed, Rodwell, Conway.  With our first choice keeper in his way.  We've Signed Downing and Johnson.

Whilst I think our latest signing is a solid one, is he better than Reed?

Downing is probably a better bet than Conway - if his legs haven't gone.

That leaves us 2 defenders light in an already weak department.

I expect Magloire to be Downings replacement in the squad but we need that 6ft 4 animal at the back.  

Not too fussed about Raya leaving (as long as we have a decent sell on clause).  

If we sign a dominant keeper, a big CB and a forward then I'd say overall, a big improvement. 

Have to say though, if we loan a cb, I'd hope we would go for an Assambolonga type signing rather than Gallagher.  

Gallagher is an upgraded Brereton.  I quite like him, but Assambolonga would give us a different dimension up top.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hi Mack said:

Bentley, Butland, Etheridge, Rudd, Johnstone, Henderson were all better than him, and that's off the top of my head.

Bentley - the guy who Brentford let go and replaced with Raya?

Butland - I’ll give you but he shouldn’t be playing in the Championship

Etheridge - likely to go to the Prem this window

Rudd - don’t need to say anymore than the below

Johnstone - bang average from what I’ve seen, I’d rather have Raya

Henderson - look at his mistake for Eng u21s a couple of weeks ago, they all make mistakes (and he’s playing in the Prem so not sure how you can count him)

Sometimes you lose players like Friedel and you know they’re irreplaceable. But with Raya I truly believe there’s plenty of keepers of his calibre within our reach.

I will watch his career with interest as he could become great but my gut instinct is he won’t. 

• Like 4

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

I am hoping the sale of Raya has only been sanctioned because Mowbray has a suitable replacement lined up. 

We really don't want to start the season with just Luetwiler  and Fisher on the books.

I also hope the money from the sale is added to the current budget and doesn't disappear into a black hole.

As I said yesterday, if a freebie GK comes in then we all know where this window is headed!

• Like 1

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

There has to be a better keeper lined up, or else Jason Loowater and that youngster Fisher are our choices. That does not make me feel confident at all. Like others, I also think we need a big, commanding centre half and a left back.

It's suicidal to go into the season with those two options at GK. 

I assume Mowbray wants to stay employed so he'll make a move. 

6 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Download Windscribe. A free VPN that gives you a free quota of data each month. Run it, connect to a UK server like London, Nottingham or whatnot - then watch the video.

Dont forget to disconnect afterwards though.

Sounds complicated.  I might.try it though.  Get tired of missing out on the Sky clips and such.  Thank you.

Sent you a pm so we can keep it from adding to the already scattergun topics here.  I pribably just need a few more details, specifics on how to.

Edited by USABlue

19 minutes ago, Swanson said:

So he's clearly the fall guy for that shocking run in Feb/Mar, and actually our goals against column for the whole season. I really hope getting in a keeper that commands the back line more effectively and has more confidence dealing with crosses will help improve our defence as that looks like where TM is placing his bets. Hope it comes off because its a big call. Hoping even more we get a brute of a CB in as well and Mowbray's chat in the media about not worrying about the defence is just smoke and mirrors. 

• Like 1

Well the club better have a replacement lined up. Selling Raya not a disgrace but doing so without a replacement coming or expecting to give Leutwiler and Fisher the chance is a disgrace.

Expect the old 3 million in and 500k out with the difference disappearing to keep the Indians happy.

Can’t believe we are comparing squads to last season, with a month to go, things are just starting to move, he’s obviously bringing in another goalie, pretty certain a C/B will be here, and could be others arriving/departing, I’ll make a judgement the day after transfer window shuts.

Just now, JHRover said:

Well the club better have a replacement lined up. Selling Raya not a disgrace but doing so without a replacement coming or expecting to give Leutwiler and Fisher the chance is a disgrace.

Expect the old 3 million in and 500k out with the difference disappearing to keep the Indians happy.

So you don’t believe the Darlow rumours who  would probably cost more than we got for Raya.

Just now, JHRover said:

Disgrace is laying it on a bit thick don't you think.  Dumb, stupid or risky perhaps but hardly disgraceful.  Perhaps we just have different mindsets, see to me something like, not firing Kean or hiring him in the first place.  Hiring Coyle when Warnock was allegedly on the hook.  Disgrace on all counts. 

• Like 3