BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

They don't look it on the pitch.

One friendly cancelled so a match short no recognised senior fitness coach other than internal promotions. It shows our team resembles the shape of the Rockies at the moment 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, OssyLad said:

I’m positive we’ll be in top 6. Its called having faith. Mowbray as built a decent team. Don’t know how anyone else can’t see it ?

Opinions differ. #MessageBoard

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

15 million quids worth of strikers loaded onto the books in 12 months quite understandably adds to the weight of expectation although that might be wiped out with the sale of Dack so Pune will be happy.

I've got to say, Brereton is really starting to impress me. In the build up to the Rangers and Bury goals he looked ?.  Definitely got something about him but needs to relax in front of goal and pass them in, rather than lash at the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

This youngsters also performed amazingly well in the U23 at the top level. 

Tony has already spoke of Hart staying to fight for his place. JRC, Dan Butt, and Buckley should be in the shake up here too. And Tony has spoken of our exciting attacking options. Having a skilled fullback who can cross a ball is a big plus. ?

JRC looked good going forward and Hart played pretty high up on the left hand side first half against Bury but although they didn't have a lot to do defensively JRC still got done a couple of times, I'm not sure he's ready to start there, in fact I'd say whilst he's very promising he's got a lot to learn in that position. 

50 minutes ago, unsall said:

Why do folk think our fitness has been an issue, think you’ll find Rovers very fit, good fitness coaches.

Because after 60 minutes we drop further and further then try and fail at defending our 18 yard line. This usually concludes in us conceding at least one goal.

• Like 3

Just now, tonygreenbank said:

Bookies are giving us 33/1 on being Champions; 10/1 on being top 6 and 4/1 on promotion. Where’s your fiver going?!

Don't think those odds are quite right.

Sky Bet have us 33/1 to be Champions, 10/1 to be promoted and 11/2 to go down.

If I was betting on it (which I'm not) I'd be taking the relegation option.

Just now, tonygreenbank said:

Bookies are giving us 33/1 on being Champions; 10/1 on being top 6 and 4/1 on promotion. Where’s your fiver going?!

Why would you get less money for betting on promotion than top 6? Given you have to be in the top 6 to have a chance of promotion. Did you mean 14/1 or something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I've got to say, Brereton is really starting to impress me. In the build up to the Rangers and Bury goals he looked ?.  Definitely got something about him but needs to relax in front of goal and pass them in, rather than lash at the ball.

Good news, seems you might be the only one though.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

These youngsters have impressed in a few pre season friendlies against lower league opposition, which is a massive difference from doing it week in week out in the Championship. JRC won't be getting a game at full back whilst Elliott Bennett is fit. In fact of these half a dozen youngsters I would be surprised if any of them get much regular first team football for us this season. Mid table at best this season for us.

Which is mental because Bennett is terrible at RB. 

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't think those odds are quite right.

Sky Bet have us 33/1 to be Champions, 10/1 to be promoted and 11/2 to go down.

If I was betting on it (which I'm not) I'd be taking the relegation option.

Rev I didn’t even consider the relegation option! I made a bit of money last season and the 10/1 top 6 option gets my vote.

Just now, pick32 said:

Because only 3 go up but 6 teams can be in the top 6

That only further proves what I'm saying. It's harder to get promoted than just finish top 6, so you should get paid out more for promotion. But those odds would pay you out less.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Why would you get less money for betting on promotion than top 6? Given you have to be in the top 6 to have a chance of promotion. Did you mean 14/1 or something?

You can finish in the top 6 and not get promoted. Promotion is more difficult as you need to be either top 2 or win playoffs.

1 minute ago, pick32 said:

Because only 3 go up but 6 teams can be in the top 6

Exactly making it less likely. So the odds should be greater than 10-1. With your way of thinking we should be 2-1 to be champions becasue only 1 team can be champions

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dr X said:

I'm fitter than most of our players and I'm 41...

Age doesn't matter if you do things right, just ask Ronaldo! Real pro that lad

Look at Zlatan Ibrahimovic who is 38, he would been outstanding in the Championship.