Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, arbitro said:

We already have an experienced and cheap back up in Leutwiler who recently signed a new 12 month deal.

It makes no sense at all to me.

I think the logical interpretation is that there is no plan, we are at the stage now of scratching around to find people with the deadline only a couple of weeks away.

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burnley

Haha some folk honestly, don’t have anything to prove to anyone, been spot on the money with a good few leaks yet aye I’m making it all up. Give yourself a rest. I’m not claiming to be anything specia

Posted Images

Just now, JHRover said:

I think the logical interpretation is that there is no plan, we are at the stage now of scratching around to find people with the deadline only a couple of weeks away.

Just like last summer

Just now, JHRover said:

What difference to last summer? Mowbary has zero plan whether it comes to transfers or tactics. He talks a good game but never delivers. I hope for one he's gone by Christmas

Joe Hart would feel like the 2nd coming of Tim Flowers right about now.

I like whoever's called him a dinosaur, spot on.

Can we scrape together a few clues and pass them on to Tony as he clearly hasn't got one.

Just now, roverandout said:

What difference to last summer? Mowbary has zero plan whether it comes to transfers or tactics. He talks a good game but never delivers. I hope for one he's gone by Christmas

We heard.

Is this just a single line in a Sky Sports Fecking News article that's got us all frothing?

Eastwood would be better than Leutwiler imo - seems to really have come on. Oxford fans reckon he's one of their best EVER keepers! Can't say Shrewbury fans were saying the same about the Leuts.

Either way, let's see what happens innit

Just now, JHRover said:

I described our transfer policy as scattergun recently and was rounded on by some who disagreed. I don't see any planning in our business so far and now there is a hint of desperation. There doesn't appear to have been any scouting of any of our signings so far. Mowbray's brave new world is in danger of falling off a cliff.

I honestly think something has gone massively awry at Rovers in the last few months.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

We heard.

Is this just a single line in a Sky Sports Fecking News article that's got us all frothing?

Eastwood would be better than Leutwiler imo - seems to really have come on. Oxford fans reckon he's one of their best EVER keepers! Can't say Shrewbury fans were saying the same about the Leuts.

Either way, let's see what happens innit

Yes ma brudda, but this is mowbary realising he can't attract players of any decent pedigree so he reverts to his usual desperation signings, the guy is full of brown stuff, he has no clue whatsoever in the transfer market. 

Just now, arbitro said:

I described our transfer policy as scattergun recently and was rounded on by some who disagreed. I don't see any planning in our business so far and now there is a hint of desperation. There doesn't appear to have been any scouting of any of our signings so far. Mowbray's brave new world is in danger of falling off a cliff.

I honestly think something has gone massively awry at Rovers in the last few months.

Give u a like. 

Mods, can you not let chaddy back so he can tell us why this is a great deal? While he's at it he can update us on how well our European scouting department is getting on.

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

I believe "Blackburn Rovers" owns the ground. Derby and Sheff Wed (that I know of) sold their stadia to separate, unnamed "associate" companies of their owners.

Less of an issue for Derby - they trust him as a real fan of the club. 

For us - it would be suicidal to flog our biggest asset into god knows whose grubby hands.

Yep we really don't want to go down that road if they start doing stuff like that then given their track record we'll never get it back.

Just now, LDRover said:

Mods, can you not let chaddy back so he can tell us why this is a great deal? While he's at it he can update us on how well our European scouting department is getting on.

He is back, i think.

He posted a couple of pages back

Just now, LDRover said:

He's already back !

Just now, arbitro said:

I suspect that Mowbray went off to India with bold aims, but was told that there would be no money and that he would have to generate cash though sales before being allowed to spend. 

I believe that is the true reason for his u-turn on defenders, as there simply isn't the cash to do what he suggested he would do.

The Raya sale I believe was motivated by a wish to raise funds, rather than by Raya's ability or his desire to be here. If there was a serious aim to progress you would keep Raya, let Leutwiler go and sign another decent keeper to compete with Raya. 

Perhaps the most baffling aspect of the summer is the decision to then use up all the Raya money on Sam Gallagher. As I said earlier I quite like him and think he could be a decent signing but if he's used up all the cash in the pot I see it as lunacy. I imagine that Mowbray had put a lot of time and effort into the Gallagher deal perhaps even with a verbal agreement with the lad to come here this summer, so that's why we went back in and did that one having been keen on him in the last two windows.

It seems the aim now is to rectify our defensive issues through wheeling and dealing in frees and loans. That's ok if you pick up quality but to do that you have to pay the wages and you have to strike quickly and decisively. The best ones get snapped up quickly by those who act decisively and pay the going rate. 

The botched Bauer pursuit was a worry. The time it is taking to sign a keeper or CB is a worry. The names we are being linked with are a worry. 

I can't see how we are going to get any improvement on our defensive issues of last season. 

Just now, JHRover said:

I can't see how we are going to get any improvement on our defensive issues of last season. 

No problem, got great game management has Bradley Johnson.

Just now, arbitro said:

Apart from the Jack Walker era, haven’t we always done our work at the back end of the transfer deadline when all the big boys have done their business Arbitro? I think so. Managers should always have plans, but if you’re back of the queue ( which we are) it’s very difficult to get the balance they want.

I don’t like it, I’ve never liked it, but I think that’s just the way it is. Of course the hopes are that when very rich owners step in things will change. The only thing I can add is that on the occasions where the owners have backed the manager with a large transfer budget, our managers seem to have blown it all on one player. It hardly ever worked.

Just now, JHRover said:

I suspect that Mowbray went off to India with bold aims, but was told that there would be no money and that he would have to generate cash though sales before being allowed to spend. 

I believe that is the true reason for his u-turn on defenders, as there simply isn't the cash to do what he suggested he would do.

The Raya sale I believe was motivated by a wish to raise funds, rather than by Raya's ability or his desire to be here. If there was a serious aim to progress you would keep Raya, let Leutwiler go and sign another decent keeper to compete with Raya. 

Perhaps the most baffling aspect of the summer is the decision to then use up all the Raya money on Sam Gallagher. As I said earlier I quite like him and think he could be a decent signing but if he's used up all the cash in the pot I see it as lunacy. I imagine that Mowbray had put a lot of time and effort into the Gallagher deal perhaps even with a verbal agreement with the lad to come here this summer, so that's why we went back in and did that one having been keen on him in the last two windows.

It seems the aim now is to rectify our defensive issues through wheeling and dealing in frees and loans. That's ok if you pick up quality but to do that you have to pay the wages and you have to strike quickly and decisively. The best ones get snapped up quickly by those who act decisively and pay the going rate. 

The botched Bauer pursuit was a worry. The time it is taking to sign a keeper or CB is a worry. The names we are being linked with are a worry. 

I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same team to start against Charlton that finished last season...pretty pathetic

I wouldn’t choose Eastwood but weirdly, of all the keepers we’ve been linked to it would appear that he’s universally loved by his fans and media who are devastated by his potential departure!! ??? 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Is this Adarabioyo decent in the air? You would hope so at 6’5 but I’ve seen plenty of giants who are terrible aerially despite being huge! We need someone at the back who just loves heading.

None of the video clips show the ball in the air so the answer is don't know...

Strengths seem to be very clean (just one yellow card as a central defender!)

Uses his long legs to devastating effect in dispossessing opponents

Explosive sort distance pace

Decent ball distribution.

• Mike E unfeatured this topic
  • Mike E featured this topic
  • Mike E unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Mike E locked this topic