Jump to content
Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

The release clause is probably the be all and end all in some of these types of situations.

Ludicrous to expect a player to sign without insuring himself against his present club holding him hostage asking unreasonable money. 

Just like saying give a manager a 10 year contract after promotion from lge 1 with a Championship budget but that's the world we live in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, USABlue said:

What the hell he need a holiday for they just had a couple of months off.  Stay at work and sign us a side we can be proud of.  Then think about a holiday.

So you want him to sign some players then go on holiday while he should be taking pre season training? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to Mowbray, it sounded like he was getting frustrated at Venkys lack of communication and interest towards him, he was repeatedly quoted as to not knowing his budget, and the lack of proactivity comes from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Make that 3 that don't play football manager.

What's football manager?

No, don't tell me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Theaxe15 said:

So you want him to sign some players then go on holiday while he should be taking pre season training? 

Yes, Johnson can take pre-season training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Richard Oakley said:

Yes, Johnson can take pre-season training.

He can take all the training and pick the team for me, Tony can sit upstairs and watch 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The messiah Nicko says a story about us tomorrow. Guessing it’s Brad Smith, or us begging for Tosin back or being priced out of Phillips.

Edited by Fraserkirky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fraserkirky said:

The messiah Nicko says a story about us tomorrow. Guessing it’s Brad Smith, or us begging for Tosin back or being priced out of Phillips.

More likely Armstrong is on his way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Rovers warned of frightening financial challenges' cries the headline in the LET.

And then you read the comments section below: 'Venkys could be our saviours','hope the stupid protestors are happy','they have stuck by the Club'..etc etc!

Reduced to grovelling like peasants to those who have done so much damage,pass me the sick bucket.

😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

'Rovers warned of frightening financial challenges' cries the headline in the LET.

And then you read the comments section below: 'Venkys could be our saviours','hope the stupid protestors are happy','they have stuck by the Club'..etc etc!

Reduced to grovelling like peasants to those who have done so much damage,pass me the sick bucket.

😒

I avoid the comments section of the Venkys mouthpiece, saves on sick buckets and tissues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours that Brentford have decided who they want to replace Watkins. Meant to be Jacob Brown at Barnsley.

Seems an odd choice, winger with 2 goals this season, but whoever they're interested in I'd want to look at too! They're far better at this than we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I avoid the comments section of the Venkys mouthpiece, saves on sick buckets and tissues

There's someone sat in a PR office somewhere being paid to post in there and other places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There's someone sat in a PR office somewhere being paid to post in there and other places. 

Lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
On 07/08/2020 at 15:04, Mattyblue said:

Clubs will get round it, especially bigger ones; bonuses, paying family members as ‘consultants’, you name it!

Back to the days of Ford Capris and semis but now it’ll be Ferraris and mansions.

Jimmy Hill will be spinning in his... sponsor-funded washing machine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A Northern Horde... said:

'Rovers warned of frightening financial challenges' cries the headline in the LET.

And then you read the comments section below: 'Venkys could be our saviours','hope the stupid protestors are happy','they have stuck by the Club'..etc etc!

Reduced to grovelling like peasants to those who have done so much damage,pass me the sick bucket.

😒

The “stupid protesters” were afraid of exactly what is happening to our club, happening.

Shame not enough people cared then.

These dark times ahead are where a loyal and committed fanbase would rally to support the club. Instead those same fans who snub, nay blame, the protests will likely just walk away: “Yer av aw-ways supported Stanley me. Born in Gret ‘Arwood ye know”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuart said:

The “stupid protesters” were afraid of exactly what is happening to our club, happening.

Shame not enough people cared then.

These dark times ahead are where a loyal and committed fanbase would rally to support the club. Instead those same fans who snub, nay blame, the protests will likely just walk away: “Yer av aw-ways supported Stanley me. Born in Gret ‘Arwood ye know”.

Great Arrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All is quiet on the western front....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Back to the days of Ford Capris and semis but now it’ll be Ferraris and mansions.

Jimmy Hill will be spinning in his... sponsor-funded washing machine!

I remember when only Bryan Douglas and Ronnie Clayton had little saloon cars. Then Dougan got a Jag ! The other lads came on the corporation buses from town like the rest of us.  I can recall seeing Mike England, Keith Newton and Fred Pickering hopping off the bus when it stopped near the ground.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I have a vivid memory of seeing Billy Wilson (played alongside Keith Newton at full back, for some of our younger readers) being driven round Blackburn as second man on a fruit and veg delivery van in the close season. Also once saw Tom Finney in his plumber's van at the traffic lights at the bottom of Penny street. And, come to think of it, I also once tried to point out to anyone who was near me the sheer excitement I felt at seeing Simon Garner paying his leccy bill in the electricity showrooms when they were in the 'new' precinct.

We had to make our own entertainment in those days, you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stuart said:

The “stupid protesters” were afraid of exactly what is happening to our club, happening.

Shame not enough people cared then.

These dark times ahead are where a loyal and committed fanbase would rally to support the club. Instead those same fans who snub, nay blame, the protests will likely just walk away: “Yer av aw-ways supported Stanley me. Born in Gret ‘Arwood ye know”.

Careful what you say about us Arodders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

We missed the best one there, young full back Armer released but signed for Carlisle.  Scottish U19, good player

In fairness, at that age he's likely considering game time as much as academy credentials. And Carlisle aren't to be sniffed at in academy terms, produced some tidy players over the years imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

In fairness, at that age he's likely considering game time as much as academy credentials. And Carlisle aren't to be sniffed at in academy terms, produced some tidy players over the years imo.

Absolutely.   Its a great move.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.