BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Watch it, that Crook and the Blackburn rag will be lifting your info mate....the site should get some coin out of them two

Haha, just passing on what I was told today from a mate who works at Ewood.

I was once also "confidently told" that a club meeting (he was a part of) was cut short as Waggo had to rush off to Brockhall as we were signing Sam Gallagher that afternoon (a year before we actually did). So lets not shoot the messenger if it's Maghomma and Not Kipre ??

8 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Haha, just passing on what I was told today from a mate who works at Ewood.

I was once also "confidently told" that a club meeting (he was a part of) was cut short as Waggo had to rush off to Brockhall as we were signing Sam Gallagher that afternoon (a year before we actually did). So lets not shoot the messenger if it's Maghomma and Not Kipre ??

With you pal?

I thought Kipre was one of the best Centre halfs we played against last year. Wonder what the stats say though. Only 23 too, what a deal he would be. Would like the filthy fucker Morsy thrown into the package too, we could use an animal in the middle of the park.

• Like 2

Starting to get a little excited with this Kipre link now. Imo he’s the most likely. Will live local, low wages, administrators mandated to Get something back so will literally take almost any offer, has best resale value....He will be a cheaper deal than Ayala, Van Dee hoorn or Lindsay.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Starting to get a little excited with this Kipre link now. Imo he’s the most likely. Will live local, low wages, administrators mandated to Get something back so will literally take almost any offer, has best resale value....He will be a cheaper deal than Ayala, Van Dee hoorn or Lindsay.

Unless bigger fish are considering him in which case we've had it.  Here's hoping though.

I cant see it happening although id love to be proved wrong. Dealing with 6 figure fees so even with Wigan in administration his fee wont drop that much and if he does bigger teams will surely circle. If indeed he is a genuine target as it seems to have stemmed from a randomer on twitter.

Its definitely evident that we need to get all of the pieces to fit and also we need to be better up better as a team. Full backs more conservative etc. Even if Kipre signed, is he an upgrade on Adarabioyo? Almost certainly not. Chuck in a good left back to replace the inept Bell, and hope the keeper is a success and maybe its a different and much rosier story.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I cant see it happening although id love to be proved wrong. Dealing with 6 figure fees so even with Wigan in administration his fee wont drop that much and if he does bigger teams will surely circle. If indeed he is a genuine target as it seems to have stemmed from a randomer on twitter.

Its definitely evident that we need to get all of the pieces to fit and also we need to be better up better as a team. Full backs more conservative etc. Even if Kipre signed, is he an upgrade on Adarabioyo? Almost certainly not. Chuck in a good left back to replace the inept Bell, and hope the keeper is a success and maybe its a different and much rosier story.

I think Kipre is an upgrade on Tosin defensively. He hadn’t got Tosins ability on the ball but from what I saw he’s a better defender than Lenihan. 

• Like 5

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I think Kipre is an upgrade on Tosin defensively. He hadn’t got Tosins ability on the ball but from what I saw he’s a better defender than Lenihan. 

I can't say I've noticed how good Kipre is, but people are definitely overblowing the importance of Tosin as a defender.

Fantastic on the ball, especially at this level, but defensively he left a lot to be desired. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

All the talk of Kipre but not sure it fits in with Mowbray's comments about wanting experience at the back?

That’s my only reservation. Though he’s mentioned having ‘a man’ back there...so maybe he just means a more physical presence? 

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Happy for Williams to go regardless because even at the moment I would play Wharton over him but obviously we are assuming that we can get a couple in which selling Williams may help to facilitate.

I am not a fan of Williams by any means. But I really don't get his statement.

Is it a strong desire to see the lad do well over all evidence to the contrary?

I haven't seen anything to warrant a belief that he would walk into the team and do better than Williams?

Sure. We need to ditch Williams because his wages are high for our financial position. But to suggest Wharton is better than Williams is questionable at best.

8 hours ago, phili said:

Also if Kaminski has been on the radar for so long why didn't we sign him up a few weeks ago, especially as we have known about his 2 week quarantine for a while. So he at least has some pre season with the defence and understands our tactics.

Because he only became available at a financially achievable level recently.

8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Not convinced Kaminski is someone we have been chasing really - might have been on a list somewhere but he was bought for 2 mil a season and a half ago. Think him being transfer listed at a cheap price after his cock-kicking exploits sort of fell into our laps at the right time. 

We have been interested in him for at least 12 months.

Fans turned on him due to a couple of mistake and the clash with another player.

Think the board chose to ditch him swiftly to keep the fans onside after an appalling start to the season.

Note: Gent performances haven't improved regardless of the keeper being dropped. Issues run deeper. Keeper departure scapegoat distraction will only go so far. I expect Rovers to benefit should the keeper concentrate on his time at Rovers and not worry about the last 3 months or so.

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

No way is the Belgian league a higher standard than the Championship.

About the same.

Note European Football performances.

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Wales Online article says we want a 7-figure fee for Williams! If Swansea are signing Lowe and can no longer afford him, we need to drop that valuation pronto...

That might be the initial asking price. The final sale fee would be lower in the six figure spectrum.

Swansea's interest seems to have been fleeting however. Although I expect Williams and Mulgrew to go regardless before the window slams shut.

2 hours ago, Amo said:

Whose bright idea was it to give Mulgrew a 2½ year deal in the first place, seeing as he was untested at Championship level?

Only way to get him in the training complex. At the time his signing was essential. Problem with Mulgrew is he is a better midfielder technically than he is a defender, but he doesn't have the legs for midfield or the concentration or tracking for defence.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, phili said:

Also if Kaminski has been on the radar for so long why didn't we sign him up a few weeks ago, especially as we have known about his 2 week quarantine for a while. 

Transfers came take a long time to get everything sorted. 

Here is Mowbray's comment confirming he was long term target of ours

"He's been a prime target of ours in that position for quite some time, we've worked hard to try and make it happen, and here he is."

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Transfers came take a long time to get everything sorted. 

Here is Mowbray's comment confirming he was long term target of ours

"He's been a prime target of ours in that position for quite some time, we've worked hard to try and make it happen, and here he is."

Bit of salesmanship there from Big T. Absolutely no harm in giving the lad the feeling he's been our no.1 target for some time, even if it doesn't quite add up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Bit of salesmanship there from Big T. Absolutely no harm in giving the lad the feeling he's been our no.1 target for some time, even if it doesn't quite add up. 

Possibly, or it may have been the delays in a) getting a confirmed budget and b) actually having the money come through. Probably a bit of all of these. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Tbf he said “one of our primary targets”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

An actual comment under the LT Kaminski story:-

jacktheladfromWrexhamwrote:
God bless the Venky family!! Thank you for your continued support in these uncertain times.

Stockholm syndrome 

• Like 6