BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

14 hours ago, booth said:

It's not bollocks. I watched as he allowed players to stroll past him with the ball, not even bumping shoulders with them. He was blatantly not wanting to get involved and he couldn't have made it more obvious.

Oddly, in last few games he was getting physically involved again. Maybe Villareal were thinking of pulling out after seeing some of his displays and his agent had a word.

It is bollocks, our 'fans' doing the usual scapegoat act when things aren't going our way and frustrations boil over. He ran his absolute socks off for the team, the deal was sorted way before the end of the season.

• Like 1

Even through (some very long) poor runs of form, he always put a real shift in, that’s why he never lost the support of the fans - but you honestly reckon he was doing the same post World Cup till about late April last season?

Well obviously you do reading the above post. But for me, he hid a little. Now human nature means it was probably done unconsciously to avoid picking up an injury etc, but it was very noticeable to me and I’ve never had an axe to grind with him, a wholehearted player, which is why it stuck out like a sore thumb.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

It is bollocks, our 'fans' doing the usual scapegoat act when things aren't going our way and frustrations boil over. He ran his absolute socks off for the team, the deal was sorted way before the end of the season.

Give over. Watch some game repeats. Compared to the first half of the season he was taking it easy.

I just can't see how you (or anyone else) couldn't see it, it was pretty obvious.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Even through (some very long) poor runs of form, he always put a real shift in, that’s why he never lost the support of the fans - but you honestly reckon he was doing the same post World Cup till about late April last season?

Well obviously you do reading the above post. But for me, he hid a little. Now human nature means it was probably done unconsciously to avoid picking up an injury etc, but it was very noticeable to me and I’ve never had an axe to grind with him, a wholehearted player, which is why it stuck out like a sore thumb.

Exactly.

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

From what I have seen, our fans are the same as any others. They scapegoat players, when they are playing badly.

Nobody scapegoated BB throughout his years of poor form, he’d have got far more abuse elsewhere than he got here.

We have a very patient set of fans on the whole, all that ‘Ewood jury’ stuff certainly isn’t true these days.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, danger19_80 said:

He'll do nothing at an already dead and buried Sheff United i would wager. Would be best suited for a team fighting for promotion in the Champ, Leeds or Ipswich or whoever.

He was bugger all use the second half of last season for a team fighting for promotion in the Championship.

• Like 8

was never good enough to play in the spanish top flight,it took him 3 seasons to even make an impact at ewood ffs,he`s certainly not going to much in the premier league in a side bound for relegation,not renowned for his backtracking,tackling and fighting spirit you need in a relegation battle,i would`nt have thought he was a wilder type of player either

• Like 3