BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

I always got the impression Ben wanted the Spanish lifestyle and even if he wasn't getting regular game time would ride it out rather than come back home. The links to the Spanish club were around for years till he finally moved so he obviously fancied it out there. Only been six months or so, no time at all for him to find his feet.

Edited by roverblue
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Any club other than Sheffield utd. Can't stand them

Well it has worked out well then, as they have got themselves a dud, if he does go there.

• Like 1

If they need him to get a confidence boost then surely we should be making a cheeky enquiry. He knows the club, the style of play, and will play every week. Obviously, it's tough competing against Premier League teams but worth a shot. Gregg could always throw in a Duolingo 'Learn Spanish' subscription to sweeten the deal. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

If they need him to get a confidence boost then surely we should be making a cheeky enquiry. He knows the club, the style of play, and will play every week. Obviously, it's tough competing against Premier League teams but worth a shot. Gregg could always throw in a Duolingo 'Learn Spanish' subscription to sweeten the deal. 

But I am not convinced he put himself on the line, during the second half of last season..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That was the most predictable outcome ever.

I didn't think he would get a PL gig to be honest. Thought he would end up on loan at a mid table Championship Club.

Edited by Blow-in
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

Can't afford the course let alone his new wage packet.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Interesting move for BBD, obviously not working out a Villarreal but he gets half a season to earn a move to the Prem. 

Hopefully, he has more luck this time around but never really saw him as a premier league player.

For most of his time at the Rovers I didn't even see him as a championship level player.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Dont know about the rest here, but im super happy for him. Breo is a good chap and i think he deserves a chance in the PL. Still gutted we spent alot on him and yet he left for free. Not his fault but still delighted for an ex-Rovers.

Why was it not his fault, I thought it was him that ran down his contract and left on a free, to bolster his signing on fee and wages . I am not saying he was in the wrong to do that, but it was his fault.

• Like 7

On 03/01/2024 at 19:47, rigger said:

I hope they play him where he is most effective, and they shoot above the dingles.

Now there is a thought. Maybe he will get a few goals against the dingles! 

I can get behind anything that helps send them down!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Now there is a thought. Maybe he will get a few goals against the dingles! 

I can get behind anything that helps send them down!

I just had a quick glance into the future and can you imagine how bad it’s going to be playing them next year with the squad we have and the squad they will have. They’ve got players like benson out on loan and were actively trying to sell Wharton and smzodics . I might book the family holiday around those two games 😅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

What a time to leave Spain. Most of us would love being there in the winter. Sheffield of all places. What is he upto

I can confirm that the weather here is very nice at the minute and I will not be going on loan back to the UK any time soon.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...