BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

15 minutes ago, Hasta said:

He didn't. He just went back to being Brereton, which is exactly what continued in Spain.

For the last six months his work-rate and tracking back when he was on the wing was still twice what Moran and Siggurdson are achieving now.

Another very low bar.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The offers weren't good enough. Simple as. 

Plus what you always to factor in is the DoF and head coach only came in that summer and to sell him would be big call and huge gap in the squad 

Seriously, do you ever have an opinion of your own?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Classic BBD goal that was you'd always put money on him when he comes from far left with half the pitch to himself to cut onto his right.

Question is why would you allow him that room in the first place, Championship clubs got wise to it eventually.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Old Codger said:
en mi cabeza hijo

¿Te estás riendo árbitro?

¡Tenerlo!

(on my head son, / Are you having a laugh ref / Have IT!!)

How difficult could it be?

Este es mas facil. 

• Like 1

So much free time footballers yet can’t be arsed to even get to a rudimentary level of Spanish despite playing for a Spanish club and for a Spanish speaking country.

Pathetic aren’t they.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So much free time footballers yet can’t be arsed to even get to a rudimentary level of Spanish despite playing for a Spanish club and for a Spanish speaking country.

Pathetic aren’t they.

It's two things. The free time and salary affords then the ability to which should be a given but to play for your country should be about pride.

Even if you don't have money or free time you should be proud of your heritage.

Spanish isn't that complicated it's not like Welsh.

I think the coach is making a good stance. The guy has had two years to get learning and even moved to Spain so no excuses

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Career doesn’t seem to be going to plan, he honestly wasn’t bigger than us other than in his head. Back to champ next season no doubt 

If he was still here , we wouldn't be in the same situation, he would have scored some goals ...

Too replace him with Teleovic , was another crazy move !

• Like 2

On 10/03/2024 at 14:05, Bbrovers2288 said:

Career doesn’t seem to be going to plan, he honestly wasn’t bigger than us other than in his head. Back to champ next season no doubt 

Or he knew he was a limited footballer and recognised that this was possibly his career opportunity to play top division football on top division wages for a couple of seasons. One of the promoted sides might well take a punt on him next season - it wouldn't surprise me to see him warming a premier league bench for a season or two more, probably on three times the wage he'd be getting here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all happy with the manner in which he left the club but I find it hard put the blame for it squarely on him. Absolute incompetence and poor management behind the scenes.

• Like 3

On 10/03/2024 at 14:18, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s his level. I hope Villareal fired the scout.

Given he was a freebie, I bet they make a profit on him. I'd imagine the Sheff U loan will have already written off all or most of their costs so far. If he more or less continues his form so far (2 goals in 4 games) they'll be able to sell him for the decent fee we should have got. Their scout will likely have paid off his own wages and those of most of his colleagues for the next decade.

• Like 2

On 10/03/2024 at 20:35, NeilInBristol said:

It's two things. The free time and salary affords then the ability to which should be a given but to play for your country should be about pride.

Even if you don't have money or free time you should be proud of your heritage.

Spanish isn't that complicated it's not like Welsh.

I think the coach is making a good stance. The guy has had two years to get learning and even moved to Spain so no excuses

I'm highly confident that if I had a Chilean mother I'd already have been at least intermediate level with Spanish before the callup came through. Surely you'd be sufficiently interested in where you came from and maybe even speaking to your relatives out there to have picked up a foundation to build on. 2 years later and playing for the national team with 6 months spent living in Spain? It's pretty pathetic tbh.

Hell, a B in GCSE French 23 years ago and a casual bit of fannying around on Duolingo in the pandemic has gotten me close to intermediate in French and I have zero connections to the place nor real plans to use it. All the time he has and the ability to hire a personal Spanish tutor, with all the incentives he has to learn it...it's a really poor show if he's not at least semi-fluent now.

It should be pointed out the Chilean coach has stated that this is not why he hasn't picked him though. I expect it's a factor, mind.

• Like 3

Ben is a lovely lad by all accounts but daft as a brush and was chosen by his Rovers colleagues as the last friend they would call on Millionaire...

Unlike them, he is now a millionaire... every season of his lengthy contract.

• Like 3

British people are generally shite at learning languages (learning well enough to have a fluent conversation anyway!) 

Just a fact and it was no different 2 years ago when they first started calling the lad up to the Chilean squad! Hypocritical of them to use that against him now, they should simply say he's not being picked because his form for club/s and country the past 6-12 months has been poor

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, bazza said:

I've always wondered why his mum didn't, at least, give him the basics in her own language.

I think she grew up in Stoke, but was born in Chile.
She’s effectively English really.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think she grew up in Stoke, but was born in Chile.
She’s effectively English really.

Oh! Didn't know that. That explains a lot.