BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Bristol City

• Backroom
Just now, Roboftherovers82 said:

say i am dense did i say this  season use that 20 IQ u have and think for once in your life

I think based on this post alone, I can say ‘pot and kettle’.

I took the context of your initial post, saying Mowbray is ‘not the man to take us up’, as THIS season, seeing as all we have to go on are midtable form with a League 1 team this season.

If we stay up, that’s job done for this season. Consolidation should always be the aim, next season we should be aiming at a playoff spot though imo.

• Like 2

Just now, booth said:

Am I allowed to be disappointed?

Yes. Because Rovers just aren't good enough.

Another Saturday ruined thanks to Mowbray.

We were within touching distance of the playoffs - why on earth didn't we strengthen ? 

We're an average side. Was going to Reading in midw ek but what's the point ?

Very disappointing. We looked very leggy and laboured throughout the match. Lot’s of huff and puff but no cutting edge. Be interesting to see what Mowbray says after the match. However, let’s not lose sight of the fact that with pretty much the same side as last year we are in the top half of the Championship. In my opinion, performing above expectation. I find the culture of having a scapegoat for every defeat very odd. Just accept that we were beaten by the better side today, it’s healthier for us all.

Planning for next season now starts in earnest.....

Edited by JeffRover
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Based on our GD alone we're basically where we should be now. Once Preston overtake us it'll be a case of where we finish in the bottom half. I think our season is more or less over at this point, so hopefully we move onto trying out some more interesting selections and formations. 

• Backroom

They aren’t a team of world beaters, in fact there’s only a couple of teams in this league that stand apart, we aren’t miles away and still as competitive as we’ve been since the Rudy, Rhodes and King days 

On days like today the Brereton investment seems criminally wasteful though, close to a squad that can compete and we don’t bring our £7m man on when trailing 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

PNE winning again, only 3 points behind us now.

They're a better side than us, showed that in November, they'll finish close to top six than we do anyway.

• Like 1

Absolutely frustrating. The first substitution to bring Nyambe on and push Bennett further up was the right decision, but taking Dack off and moving Bennett central made no sense. Bennett was actually looking good on that right wing before that. 

I stick by my thoughts in the first half, Graham wasn't offering enough in attack. If Mowbray didn't spend money in January, he absolutely has to place his faith in Brereton and let him play in games like this. The last change did not work at all and the decision to drop Bell for Williams clearly didn't pay off either.

Mulgrew and Rodwell were excellent today though, and I thought Smallwood was back to his best.

• Like 3