Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burnley

Haha some folk honestly, don’t have anything to prove to anyone, been spot on the money with a good few leaks yet aye I’m making it all up. Give yourself a rest. I’m not claiming to be anything specia

Posted Images

Just now, Biz said:

My overriding memory is Scott Dann berating him and being 3-0 to Birmingham at home.

I remember him missing that golden chance in the injury time to equalize against Liverpool

Link to post
Share on other sites

Walton and Simon Eastwood.

This is a joke, no?

If true. Love to hear people saying that selling Raya wasn't a mistake now. 

Raya and Leutwiler over Walton (loan) and Eastwood. No contest.

Tin-Pot Tony.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Ironically with Adarabioyo, he will almost certainly "play" (if used) in his "best" position (CB). With all the new attacking and midfield signings made, Mowbray knows that the only place where he can now shoehorn Bennett is RB... who we know has to start.

What I wouldn't give for a manager who I actually trusted to play his best players through choice.

If he persists with Benno at right back, this lad will be recalled by Xmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fairly obvious, as alluded to by TM, that the sale of Raya was a necessity and nothing to do with ‘wanting experience and a keeper with game management’

£3 million into the budget, and replace him with a lad of the same age on loan and a cheap, back up journeyman.

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Ruddy... to lad from Wigan and Simon Eastwood.

Mowbary just can't attract decent players. He's a dinosaur of a manager. This season is only going one way and it isn't up

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Walton and Simon Eastwood.

This is a joke, no?

If true. Love to hear people saying that selling Raya wasn't a mistake now. 

Raya and Leutwiler over Walton (loan) and Eastwood. No contest.

Tin-Pot Tony.

I have no likes left but spot on

Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn’t good , I can only assume that things really haven’t went to plan. Certainly Walton is one that’s just been worked on very recently and to my belief after our number one target became non viable. Martínez was the name I was given, loan to buy. Was progressing nicely but went quiet, I can only assume it hit a roadblock that wasn’t sortable. Not at all pleased with Walton and Eastwood if that’s what it turns out to be 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rovers11 said:

That would make sense. Walton is surely not coming here to sit on the bench; and Eastwood is an experienced, cheap option who won’t mind being a back-up GK. 

We've already got an experienced cheaper option who doesn't mind being back up. I don't see why we seem to have an obsession with signing 2 goalkeepers, we have other areas in the starting 11 that need addressing much more urgently than which goal keeper sits on the bench. Leutwiler is a decent back up and if you look around the league he is really about the standard of most other sides back up keeper's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

This isn’t good , I can only assume that things really haven’t went to plan. Certainly Walton is one that’s just been worked on very recently and to my belief after our number one target became non viable. Martínez was the name I was given, loan to buy. Was progressing nicely but went quiet, I can only assume it hit a roadblock that wasn’t sortable. Not at all pleased with Walton and Eastwood if that’s what it turns out to be 

Martinez from Arsenal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Ruddy... to lad from Wigan and Simon Eastwood.

As per Assombalonga we were never going to get Forster or Hart, but the rumours were fun for the fans.

Always going to be some bargain aisle solution as the window shuts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Martinez from Arsenal?

Yea, at 26 he was seen as one to come in with more experience and make position his for years to come. As others have said if Eastwood is to come in as backup only what’s the point. I’d rather have somebody decent who could challenge for the position

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rovers11 said:

That would make sense. Walton is surely not coming here to sit on the bench; and Eastwood is an experienced, cheap option who won’t mind being a back-up GK. 

We already have an experienced and cheap back up in Leutwiler who recently signed a new 12 month deal.

It makes no sense at all to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yea, at 26 he was seen as one to come in with more experience and make position his for years to come. As others have said if Eastwood is to come in as backup only what’s the point. I’d rather have somebody decent who could challenge for the position

Maybe Walton will be loan to buy?

Either way its pretty underwhelming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2019 at 14:43, Paul Mani said:

In Tony we trust? It’s the same as always. I’ve said it before, most just taking longer to see nowt has changed. He’s a spin doctor and a very good one at that!! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TBTF said:

Pedro , you do know that Wigan dropped Walton last year after a series of high profile cock ups that were down to him?  Not sure this is a material upgrade tbh and certainly not what folk expected when throwing names around like Forster, Hart, Adrian, etc. Lets hope there is better to come in the GK dept but I have my doubts that this fella would be coming to warm our bench.

Sounds familiar - We had our own master of cock ups who eventually got dropped too ?. He's definitely an upgrade in my opinion and I do prefer seeing a bigger physical presence between the sticks. I do think he will come in as a replacement for Leutweiller though, probably with a view to buy and JW will be sent elsewhere. I fully expect an experienced freebie come in or a long term loan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arbitro said:

We already have an experienced and cheap back up in Leutwiler who recently signed a new 12 month deal.

It makes no sense at all to me.

I think the logical interpretation is that there is no plan, we are at the stage now of scratching around to find people with the deadline only a couple of weeks away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

I think the logical interpretation is that there is no plan, we are at the stage now of scratching around to find people with the deadline only a couple of weeks away.

Just like last summer

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

I think the logical interpretation is that there is no plan, we are at the stage now of scratching around to find people with the deadline only a couple of weeks away.

What difference to last summer? Mowbary has zero plan whether it comes to transfers or tactics. He talks a good game but never delivers. I hope for one he's gone by Christmas

Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Hart would feel like the 2nd coming of Tim Flowers right about now.

I like whoever's called him a dinosaur, spot on.

Can we scrape together a few clues and pass them on to Tony as he clearly hasn't got one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mike E unfeatured this topic
  • Mike E featured this topic
  • Mike E unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Mike E locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.