BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

14 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I thought I saw a post from a Mod saying swearing was ok if it wasn't gratuitous. I'd hate to offend someone's sensibilities.

I do agree with Gumboots that the amount of swearing recently is over the top. Its no longer occasional---far from it.

It doesn't worry  me a lot but its not pleasant.

If we were to get relegated at the end of the season I could understand a long venting outburst of it but everyday is too much.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, den9112 said:

The first thing John Coleman says to his players on return from the summer break in the dressing room is we are going for promotion this season ...

First thing Sparky said when he saved us from relegation: Europe next year, lads.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Did they both not target top six this season or was that a dream I had?

Also this nonsense of developing players, I agree Den, you do both.

At the moment he seems to be developing players alright...the ones who play for other clubs!

How do Man City manage to improve their youngsters while winning all those games? 

Maybe it helps the likes of Foden playing in an ambitious, successful, winning team and club.

• Backroom
51 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I thought I saw a post from a Mod saying swearing was ok if it wasn't gratuitous. I'd hate to offend someone's sensibilities.

As far as I'm aware our guidelines remain the same as when they were tweaked in 2017:

Swearing is no longer a bannable offence if used in decent context. If you think Rovers where shite at weekend you are entitled to that opinion. If you opt to misuse this and combine it with a personal attack, you guessed it... 25 points

Obviously 25 points in the equivalent of a sin bin these days but the general idea remains the same.

• Like 1

Does prize money get dictated by league position in the Championship?

If so I'd be apoplectic at Mowbray's comments regarding not caring about the league position. We are in the midst of a pandemic that has reduced match day income to near zero; we attempted to sell our training ground to raise funds for supposedly essential work to our facilities and a matter of weeks later the boss does not care one bit about our league standing.

He's digging himself a hole with every interview. Last year it was all about progress regarding the league position - I bought it - and now he simply does not care when we regress. The same goes for results based vs performance based - it changes depending on the performance and result!!!!!!!

I want this bloke gone and believe me when I am next in the ground I will voice that very opinion. He's got thin skin, as told by how many jobs he has walked from, and the only reason he is still around is because we are not there imo.

Mowbray Out.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Does the occasional swear word offend you?

I taught in an 11-16 high school in Blackburn for nearly 20 years and so of course it doesnt offend me. However, this is one of the few message boards where swearing wasnt commonplace. In this thread it is becoming more prevalent so I just made the observation that this might be an effect of Mowbray's still being here. Nobody is listening to us and it's driving us mad. I've even been tempted to swear myself at what he's saying and doing here and those of you who know a bit more about me will know that's not like me at all.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I taught in an 11-16 high school in Blackburn for nearly 20 years and so of course it doesnt offend me. However, this is one of the few message boards where swearing wasnt commonplace. In this thread it is becoming more prevalent so I just made the observation that this might be an effect of Mowbray's still being here. Nobody is listening to us and it's driving us mad. I've even been tempted to swear myself at what he's saying and doing here and those of you who know a bit more about me will know that's not like me at all.

Sort of agree with you, the odd swear word is fine, when it gets every other word it's irritating.

There's nothing worse than someone whose vocabulary is so limited they have to pop the f bomb  in every other word to pad out their sentences, e.g. "I'm going to the f-in chip shop" or (Who told you that) "f-in Shayna" etc.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sort of agree with you, the odd swear word is fine, when it gets every other word it's irritating.

There's nothing worse than someone whose vocabulary is so limited they have to pop the f bomb  in every other word to pad out their sentences, e.g. "I'm going to the f-in chip shop" or (Who told you that) "f-in Shayna" etc.

I like it when folk put them in the middle of words, I.e ‘Ok, ok, I apolo-f*ckin-gise’

21 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Fully agree. I've been guilty of it only a page or so back. And it is 100% down to not being listened too and frustrations boiling over. That and the fact that each passing interview sees Mowbray in self-preservation mode, which includes many comments that are effectively sticking the middle finger up at fans. People are unfortunately reaching the anger stage

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

This ‘style of play’ argument is mental. He basically says that most teams who go up have £109m to spend and the best players to play a possession based style. Whilst, those who do not have the cash or the best players employ a more direct game, getting the ball into big strikers and playing off them...ringing any bells?

IF THATS TRUE TONE THEN WHY THE FUCK DIDNT YOU REPLACE DG WITH AN UPGRADE TARGET MAN AND CRACK THE FUCK ON!

For what it’s worth, I don’t think he’s got a clue what he’s talking about. He’s trying to be clever and take the piss. It’s a charade for the owners to get himself and his boys another year.

He never takes any responsibility and has become the guy whose telling you it’s raining whilst pissing on your back.

I was in favour of us playing a more passing style instead of a direct style. But his signings for the past 2 seasons havent help us more to this style has they arent suited to it. I was wrong to back it. 

We need to go back to our first full season style in Championship/Hughes style would suit these players in 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or 4-2-3--1 formation..

I agree he doesnt have a clue how to change it and every interview is for the owners to read or listen. 

He still havent signed a quality permanent centre back in 3 years at this season. Why not? Why didn't we sign Konsa when we got promoted? 3 mil bargain. Why did he not a back up target man like Matt Smith who would be ideal has a back up for Graham 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Swearing is just words. It's an inane taboo carried over from past generations that adults shouldn't fixate on.

Not fixated. Just think it's a barometer of what's going on at the club. More failure, more rubbish spouted, less interest in actually winning a match, fewer goals scored, more lies told, more underhand schemes hatched = more swear words on message board.

• Like 3

I thought the role of a manager was to help achieve organisational goals. Surely Mowbrays operational remit at the time of his appointment was not to ignore the league consider winning a bonus and losing irrelevant. He’s telling us that his success will be judged on player development it’s in his job description.

Never have I heard such rubbish. His goal as a 

manager is to improve the organisation and the main part of that due to his chosen field is win games. If he wanted it to be developing players he should have applied for a coaching job.

Failed miserably he knows it from reading his job description and is trying to rewrite it. Set different targets ones that are more difficult to measure. More Qualitative like say developing players.

Needs the sack by any objective measure and he knows it

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

League Table of Most Disliked Managers at Rovers:

1. Kean

2. Mowbray

3. Coyle

Mowbray is making a determined late season charge to take the No. 1 spot.

I wonder what Maggott makes of this? Here he is quietly working out how to do his annual scam of Rovers ST holders and he also has to deal with the loose mouth of Mowbray.

Tip to Steve: Check the Meds!

League table of most useless managers - personality not considered - at Rovers IMO (I go back to the mid 1980s):

1. Kidd

2. Kean

3. Coyle

4. Ince

5. Mowbray

Also rans - Bowyer, Lambert, Appleton, Berg.

However, if he gets us relegated twice, he jumps to number one and can proudly be crowned Rovers worst ever manager. Which is no mean achievement considering for many he’s already Celtic’s worst ever manager.

I don’t remember Jim Iley obviously. I believe, like Kidd and Ince, he was a nice enough guy, just useless.

I don’t think we need a league table for worst owners in recent memory.

14 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

It's like a day out with the Tourettes Society in here at the moment.

No worries.

Mowbray doesn't see or hear swearing.

I've put myself on swearing lockdown.

I learnt all mine in the Schoolyard from 5 years of age and blame the Teachers.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1