BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

27 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I will not be renewing my season ticket next season if Mowbray is still in charge, just like I didn’t when Kean was in charge. I don’t think I’ll be the only one.

...That makes 2 RV ...but I don’t think we will be the only ones....I feel very sad ..but I cannot and will not step foot into Ewood whilst he remains ...possibly gates of 5,000 again. I was one of those 5,000 and I enjoyed it as there was pride in the shirt and a bloke managing who did his genuine best .

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I will not be renewing my season ticket next season if Mowbray is still in charge, just like I didn’t when Kean was in charge. I don’t think I’ll be the only one.

The only ticket I’ll be buying is the first match we’re all allowed in at Ewood to give him an absolute earful. Then I’ll be done til he’s gone - that’s for sure.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, booth said:

Does this look like a man who gives a f*ck?

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 20.50.02.png

Oh good, it's nearly full time. 

Stewy Downing has driving duties tonight so I can have a kip on the back seat and a free lift home from Sheffield to Teesside.

It shows how bad things are when I say I completely forgot we were playing. As for his comments, he focuses on the need for good recruitment in the summer which implies he intends to be part of it.

Please Raos, don't waste anymore dosh with him.

12 minutes ago, cesus said:

Everything you need to know about Mowbray can be learned from our outgoing players. Only Raya in his entire time managing us has gone onto play at a club higher than us.

Tbf he hasn’t had to sell anyone. Which is another sad indictment of where we are right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Tbf he hasn’t had to sell anyone. Which is another sad indictment of where we are right now. 

Exactly, in 4 years he hasn't successfully built players from the academy nor bought players to sell on. I don't think there can be many clubs who haven't successfully developed players to go on to play at a higher level in the last 4 years.

22 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

On the money Jaqoub.

He’s quickly changed his tune, from that article...

‘I've always been a 'glass half full' character, which in many cases has blinded me and my immaturity but I'd like to think I have the intelligence to assess a business model that's stalled in a period of stagnation and is teetering on the lubricious slope of decline.’

Yet he was waxing lyrical about the structure and stability of the club - in his view largely in place due to the Venky/Mowbray relationship, literally this week in the Sheffield local rag, for example -  through Mowbray there has been a bridge. He has advised Venky’s on things, where investment is needed, and they’ve been happy to take it...a structure was brought in. ”  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s quickly changed his tune, from that article...

‘I've always been a 'glass half full' character, which in many cases has blinded me and my immaturity but I'd like to think I have the intelligence to assess a business model that's stalled in a period of stagnation and is teetering on the lubricious slope of decline.’

Yet he was waxing lyrical about the structure and stability of the club - in his view largely in place due to the Venky/Mowbray relationship, literally this week in the Sheffield local rag, for example -  through Mowbray there has been a bridge. He has advised Venky’s on things, where investment is needed, and they’ve been happy to take it...a structure was brought in. ”  

That article in the Sheffield paper was a huge ringing endorsement of Mowbray. I read it and recall being somewhat irritated. Hmmmmm

Crook is a weather cock.

• Like 1