BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

About as damning as Sharpe may be allowed to get. the punches might be pulled somewhat, but they're there.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19247018.verdict-blackburn-rovers-2021-story-well-told/?ref=wa

The statistics get more damning by the week. They have now lost 19 matches, the same number they managed in the whole of their 2016/17 relegation season.

They have failed to score more times (13) than they have managed clean sheets (11) and it’s now two wins in 17 and 11 points taken from the last 51 available.

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The statistics get more damning by the week. They have now lost 19 matches, the same number they managed in the whole of their 2016/17 relegation season.

They have failed to score more times (13) than they have managed clean sheets (11) and it’s now two wins in 17 and 11 points taken from the last 51 available.

How any manager can survive those statistics, is quite incredible and testament to the lunatics we have running the asylum.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Mowbray has more front than Brighton. 

I reckon he'd happily sit it out even if fans were present.

Only thing i can come up with is that they are just leaving him in place until the summer (no idea why) and then they will bin him as part of the review. 

So i guess they have just written off the season and don't care what happens in the last few games.

Unacceptable if that is the case, as we have to suffer through whilst they just hide in India.

• Like 2

Ok, let's face it, none of us here know what is going on in Tony Mowbray's mind about the situation or what is going on in India.  We do know what we think though.  The truth is that Mowbray arrived and allowed the furore of the ownership to calm down, to put some happiness back into our lives with the escape from League 1 at the first attempt and seeming to show a way forward.  Whatever happens we should at least thank him for his earlier contributions.

Now we are faced with a stagnating team and an unwillingness to modify a possession-based system, that seems to be due to the fixation on how the top clubs dominate teams.  The reality is if we were playing any of the top Premiership sides we would have low percentages of possession and get hammered.  The possession numbers work when you have players capable of doing that, both in terms of fitness and quality, it also needs reliable playing surfaces.  If you don't have those only a delusional character would believe that was the way to go.

So we face a close season where the squad will be massively changing.  Personally I'm not sorry that a number of players are at the end of their tenure, we all could list out the disappointments.  We do have a flourishing Academy team and full credit to them for an outstanding season so some hope there.

However the management are acting like zombies, shuffling forward, repeating the same words , getting the same flat, error strewn performances on the pitch.  Any team can have huge possession if they don't enter the opposition's final third.  I don't know how we will change the leadership but I hope we do.  A lot of Rovers fans hated Sam Allardyce but he knew how to get results.  Mark Hughes also knew that you needed characters with fight in the team.

Tony Mowbray is a nice man, nice people rarely win.  There is a steel and drive that is needed in the whole structure.

CHANGE IS NEEDED!!!!!

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Only thing i can come up with is that they are just leaving him in place until the summer (no idea why) and then they will bin him as part of the review. 

So i guess they have just written off the season and don't care what happens in the last few games.

Unacceptable if that is the case, as we have to suffer through whilst they just hide in India.

I wouldn't bet on it i think they've just lost interest again and heads have gone firmly back in the sand. That seems to be the pattern with them so summer brings either as you were or they leave it to the finance men and we have a fire sale and another impending relegation.

The review, restructure and genuine attempt to move forwards, since the last one, we all crave and the club badly needs remains a very long shot imo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roversider said:

Ok, let's face it, none of us here know what is going on in Tony Mowbray's mind about the situation or what is going on in India.  We do know what we think though.  The truth is that Mowbray arrived and allowed the furore of the ownership to calm down, to put some happiness back into our lives with the escape from League 1 at the first attempt and seeming to show a way forward.  Whatever happens we should at least thank him for his earlier contributions.

Now we are faced with a stagnating team and an unwillingness to modify a possession-based system, that seems to be due to the fixation on how the top clubs dominate teams.  The reality is if we were playing any of the top Premiership sides we would have low percentages of possession and get hammered.  The possession numbers work when you have players capable of doing that, both in terms of fitness and quality, it also needs reliable playing surfaces.  If you don't have those only a delusional character would believe that was the way to go.

So we face a close season where the squad will be massively changing.  Personally I'm not sorry that a number of players are at the end of their tenure, we all could list out the disappointments.  We do have a flourishing Academy team and full credit to them for an outstanding season so some hope there.

However the management are acting like zombies, shuffling forward, repeating the same words , getting the same flat, error strewn performances on the pitch.  Any team can have huge possession if they don't enter the opposition's final third.  I don't know how we will change the leadership but I hope we do.  A lot of Rovers fans hated Sam Allardyce but he knew how to get results.  Mark Hughes also knew that you needed characters with fight in the team.

Tony Mowbray is a nice man, nice people rarely win.  There is a steel and drive that is needed in the whole structure.

CHANGE IS NEEDED!!!!!

I don't think he's as nice and transparent as he would want you to believe

A good manager would use the last 3 games to bring players from our flourishing academy through..Mowbray will play Bennett, Evans and others who are either on loan here or out of contract. He's a bit thick. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Worth noting that Paul Cook has won 2 of his 12 games at Ipswich so far.

They've not scored a goal in 529 minutes of football either.

True, but at the moment I'd have Jim Smith back and he's dead.  He was a proper manager though, I remember him geeing up the Rovers fans on the pitch at Turf Moor, loved him, Mr. Angry.

Edited by Roversider
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Worth noting that Paul Cook has won 2 of his 12 games at Ipswich so far.

They've not scored a goal in 529 minutes of football either.

He's got a worse record than Lambert so far.

Having said that we just need to hope they start going daft and fire Cook then approach Mowbray and Venus.

Leave Cook in charge through the summer and he'll have them thereabouts next season when he sorts their squad out.

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I wouldn't bet on it i think they've just lost interest again and heads have gone firmly back in the sand. That seems to be the pattern with them so summer brings either as you were or they leave it to the finance men and we have a fire sale and another impending relegation.

The review, restructure and genuine attempt to move forwards, since the last one, we all crave and the club badly needs remains a very long shot imo.

Aye, you could be and probably are correct.

Seems more likely it will all go wrong when Venkys are concerned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

He's got a worse record than Lambert so far.

Having said that we just need to hope they start going daft and fire Cook then approach Mowbray and Venus.

Leave Cook in charge through the summer and he'll have them thereabouts next season when he sorts their squad out.

Ipswich, league 1 really does make sense for Mowbray 

• Like 1

I can't believe that this thread is likely to top 600 pages before he gets the boot.

Seriously, what is the tipping point? Is there one?

There were rumours a couple of weeks ago that the press turning had started to tip things against him, however all that seemed to happen on the back of it, was that the Brockhall plans got shelved.

Today, the criticism from Crooke & Sharpe is quite strong (by their standards) and seem to just fall short of saying he needs to go, although, reading between the lines, this is what they're saying.

Has anyone heard even any semblance of a rumour that he's under any sort of pressure? Please, anybody, give me something to cling to. This is like being stuck in Purgatory! 

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 8

Completed agreed. Our players need to keep the hell away from social media at the minute.  You’ve won 2 in 17 matches boys. Anyone would have thought we were threatening for the title after the Derby game.

Just pipe down and let some talking be done on the pitch, for once, eh? 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 9