BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

36 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Benno to Shrews possible according to Nicko.

Be a good move for Rovers and for Bennett.

He's a very likable bloke, plenty of time for him on that score but he's another player who isn't good enough for a promotion chasing team. 

We have missed his versatility during a severe defensive injury crisis but we shouldn't be keeping him around for that alone.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do we need 3 left backs for if Pickering signs here? 

What random stats? 

We dont but if we cant offload Bell we have to pay him either way so it makes zero sense to just pay him off.

People seem to be basing their analysis on Pickering on stats/data and videos in an absence of seeing much of him. Have you seen much of him?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We dont but if we cant offload Bell we have to pay him either way so it makes zero sense to just pay him off.

People seem to be basing their analysis on Pickering on stats/data and videos in an absence of seeing much of him. Have you seen much of him?

So get shut off him. Not needed any more. 

Stats and data are important way of scouting players now. 

Nope. My opinion is based on.other people who have seen him and scouting him. 

Andy Watson from Rovers Chat did a detailing scouting report on him?.did you see it?.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Andy Watson from Rovers Chat did a detailing scouting report on him?.did you see it?.

What are you not getting Chaddy. If we have to pay him we may aswell keep him for the reasons already mentioned. Not pay him to sit at home on his PS5

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont think you appreciate that we will have to pay him no matter what. If no one wants him then just keep him around just in case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You must have seen a lot of him to make that call? 

I'd just like to see what he can do in his own half. All I've seen on the video is attacking play. I'd like to see a few one on ones versus an attacking player, a few contested headers etc. Going off that clip you'd think he was a winger. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd just like to see what he can do in his own half. All I've seen on the video is attacking play. I'd like to see a few one on ones versus an attacking player, a few contested headers etc. Going off that clip you'd think he was a winger. 

When Douglas arrived Mowbray commented on his attacking capabilities. Never mentioned his defending. Bell isnt a defender, more like a poor winger. 

I know it's only YouTube but Pickering does look good going forward, he can actually put the ball where the strikers want it. Intelligent cut backs too. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

When Douglas arrived Mowbray commented on his attacking capabilities. Never mentioned his defending. Bell isnt a defender, more like a poor winger. 

I know it's only YouTube but Pickering does look good going forward, he can actually put the ball where the strikers want it. Intelligent cut backs too. 

I agree, he looks a very good attacking player but if he's a full back I'd like to see what he's like as a defender also.

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree, he looks a very good attacking player but if he's a full back I'd like to see what he's like as a defender also.

Agreed, the point I was trying to make is that it doesn't seem to be important when deciding which full backs to purchase. Full backs are just wingers these days in a lot of teams. 

23 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Im not sure what side of Bells full back play that would be argued as his strongest. I dont think that hes got an assist in his time here, hes never shown any attacking quality IMO.

Edited by roversfan99

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19052228.rovers-closing-crewe-alex-left-back-harry-pickering/

But a deal which would see him move to Rovers is expected to go through, however, there is the prospect of Pickering being loaned back to the League One club for the remainder of the season.

Signing a player and not playing him till next season would be mental considering we're 3 points off the play off places.

• Like 2

Seems like a very astute signing, one which will give us stability at left back in the long term, aswell as providing us with a player who has premier league potential.

Personally I would want him here for the rest of the season, I haven’t been personally impressed with Douglas, albeit the last couple of games aside, and would like to see this lad given a go there. However it may be a case that sending him back on loan will reduce the fee we need to fork out to get him, hence making him affordable in this window, which is something I would be on board with. He is a player who seemingly has significant interest in him and if we wait until the summer we run the risk of missing out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Good move for him if true. Cotterill managed him at Bristol City apparently. Someone put on twitter that he lives down that way. 

I think he grew up in Telford, so yeah, very much a homecoming for him.

Edited by StaffordRover
spelling mistakes
  • Like 1