BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

TRANSFER THREAD - JANUARY 2021

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I'd be happy to see them all leave in the summer when their contracts expire. I don't really rate any of them, Del has done OK at CB but is very injury prone. Evans has somehow managed to make 197 apps for us and I can't remember him being consistently decent at any point. He's had his moments but is now 30 and his injuries will just become even more regular.

Bell hasn't been great since he joined.

The issue is do we need to replace them? Del at CB, most definitely and Bell at LB too, purely on a numbers basis. Evans, not so much.

The worry is, with Mowbrays lack of ruthlessness I could quite easily see all 3 being renewed.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The worry is, with Mowbrays lack of ruthlessness I could quite easily see all 3 being renewed.

This is a concern. All 3 would sign new contracts here,I have no doubts. In Mowbrays eyes, good lads who'll "do a job" but none of them are good enough for a team with promotion aspirations.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Who are we thinking the players who are potentially going to be sold?

I can see Williams, Bell and Evans being sold before the window shuts.

Williams and Evans aren't fit so is going to buy them? 

Can see Holtby going back Germany.. he recently split from his agent aswell 

Vale, Grayson., Maglorie and Thompson to be loan out

Well our net spend for January is probably in minus figures having sent quite a few out on loan and only brought in Braithwaite on loan so looking forward to seeing this backing of Venkys in the next 2 days.

I see Mowbray is communicating with India and getting himself out of the firing line with his Joe Rothwell comments.

Strikes me that there has been little to no progress on that front, with Mowbray basically repeating what he came out with in September, October and November but now adding that Rothwell is a Premier League player in waiting. 

He knows he's set to leave for nothing soon and what a fiasco that will be for the club. Putting the ball in Venky's court to get it sorted.

Expect this will carry on and on and on.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Well our net spend for January is probably in minus figures having sent quite a few out on loan and only brought in Braithwaite on loan so looking forward to seeing this backing of Venkys in the next 2 days.

I see Mowbray is communicating with India and getting himself out of the firing line with his Joe Rothwell comments.

Strikes me that there has been little to no progress on that front, with Mowbray basically repeating what he came out with in September, October and November but now adding that Rothwell is a Premier League player in waiting. 

He knows he's set to leave for nothing soon and what a fiasco that will be for the club. Putting the ball in Venky's court to get it sorted.

Thought we had a year option on Rothwell ?

4 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Thought we had a year option on Rothwell ?

Not sure about that. There was no mention by anyone of any options for Nyambe or Rothwell until it slipped out in a story over Xmas and it doesn't seem to have been mentioned since. Either way those don't provide much comfort. We need to work to a longer plan than just relying on clauses to buy us more time.

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We have a years option on Rothwell so he won't be leaving for nothing.

Did you think Dack was going to sign a new contract?

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not sure about that. There was no mention by anyone of any options for Nyambe or Rothwell until it slipped out in a story over Xmas and it doesn't seem to have been mentioned since. Either way those don't provide much comfort. We need to work to a longer plan than just relying on clauses to buy us more time.

It was on the rovers website.We do have a years option on him .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom said:

I’ve seen people mention it as possible and it’s pure speculation but I wouldn’t be shocked to see Holtby move late on Monday back to the continent 

I'd be ok with that.

He's been here two years and he's only been useful for about 3 months. His performances have fallen off a cliff recently. He'll be on big wages (German international dontchaknow) so it'd be a good move for all parties.

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Suggestion that Crewe might loan Pickering back for the season should he sign. Maybe that would reduce the price and be something that is forced due to already having 2 senior left backs. I would rather have him now if we sign him though. But ideas about just fobbing Crewe off with Bell are a non starter for many reasons.

Screenshot_20210129-212105_Twitter.jpg

I don't watch the U23s much, but when I have there's a few lads that you think would be worth some game time with the First XI.

Thompson is one. So is Pike. Coincidentally they both play positions that we're weak at / have no depth.

I've no idea whether they're ever going to make the grade, but it wouldn't hurt to try them out this season.

I'd definitely have given them both a game in the FA cup and I'd definitely know what I had in them before potentially spunking £500k on a L1 LB.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't watch the U23s much, but when I have there's a few lads that you think would be worth some game time with the First XI.

Thompson is one. So is Pike. Coincidentally they both play positions that we're weak at / have no depth.

I've no idea whether they're ever going to make the grade, but it wouldn't hurt to try them out this season.

I'd definitely have given them both a game in the FA cup and I'd definitely know what I had in them before potentially spunking £500k on a L1 LB.

Having watched both players every day they don’t rate them enough to be our first choice lb next season. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Balance the books? Who are we going to sell for £200m?

Thankfully we don’t need to balance those...focus on keeping within a reasonable range in terms of FFP. I can’t see anyone being sanctioned for FFP for a long time though...