BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Rotherham Utd. (h) Wed. 16th Dec. 7.45pm

Just now, 47er said:

The main difference between last season and this is that we are scoring late goals rather than conceding them.

Otherwise its the same old story. A better squad than last season but isn't reflected on the field.

If we'd played a top team with that performance we would have been hammered.

Which games did we concede late goals last season ?

1 minute ago, booth said:

He bought him for Armstrong's position but because Armstrong now can't be dropped due to sheer amount of goals scored, he's nowhere to put him £5m man. So he just shoves him out there and hopes for the best. I truly believe it's as simple as that.

If Armstrong hadn't have scored all those goals I have no doubt he'd be out wide.

i got a novel idea,how about playing them both up front and even more wacky,lets try and pass the ball forwards,how revolutionary is that😎

• Like 1

Just now, iSeeRed said:

I've seen no development from Buckley since he started turning out for the first team. We have so many midfielders now not to mention other academy players that should be above him in the pecking order.

Given up on him, can he sprint? Tackle? Win a header, open a defence? No. Look at Harvey, 17. Look at Buckley...lucky to be on the bench. Nothing against the chap but can't afford passengers.

• Like 4

Downing made a huge difference. Though I think we were aided by them suddenly dropping off. Overall we were atrocious. Delighted to get the win. As I do believe with the players we have coming back if we are in touching distance in the new year we have a chance at a late push.

Back to the game though. Terrible! Losing control of the midfield with lightweight (Buckley), immobile, knackered (Johnson) players. Having 3 players who can all put their foot on the ball helped turn the game in Trybull, Holtby and Downing. Especially Downing. I would like to see the 3 of them together in there for our next game and get Rothwell wide left. Don't want to see Rothwell shifted from his best position but we need more control in the middle and most importantly I can't see Gallagher on the wing any more

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Why not try this for saturday:

Trybull, Downing, Holtby

Eliott, Armstrong, Rothwell

Rothwell needs to be in midfield to run with the ball from deep for me...

I really think we need to go three at the back on Saturday or we are going to get mullered....

Kaminski.  

Lenihan.      Ayala.   Williams.

Nyambe     Holtby.    Rothwell.  Downing.

Elliott.     Armstrong.   Dolan. 

• Like 3

Just now, BigBar said:

Given up on him, can he sprint? Tackle? Win a header, open a defence? No. Look at Harvey, 17. Look at Buckley...lucky to be on the bench. Nothing against the chap but can't afford passengers.

Exactly, we let go of Willem Tomlinson who had a few games in the first team (in which he performed better than Buckley has) and to be honest we haven't missed him. I just think if we let go of Buckley he'd have to drop a level or two to find game time but here he's somehow a championship starter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

I've seen no development from Buckley since he started turning out for the first team. We have so many midfielders now not to mention other academy players that should be above him in the pecking order.

Buckley plays in slow motion both in thought and deed. The contrast with Holtby was stark in this match.

• Like 2

Kaminsky, Nyambe , Ayala held the back together 

Rothwell must have wondered whether he had any midfield with him

Elliott looked what he is...a quality player 

as for the rest nothing to be said...Mowbray’s line up was shocking..

....Gallagher is not  a championship player ...    

.....Buckley , slow, weak, not ready 

.....Armstrong.....shocking body language ....

.....Johnson....unfit, no pace

... ..Lenihan....another pub player performance ...

......Douglas.....no words

......Bell ....having a laugh 

All this down to our “ performance “coach , Mr Mowbray  .

I couldn’t even enjoy the winner ...and I will not be able to listen to Mowbray as he will spout more utter shite    ....and some will believe him 🤬                                      

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Ripped my jumper pulling it over my head for that winner. Wasn’t even celebrating, was asking the girlfriend if he was onside. We don’t even have VAR and it scared the **** out of me!

Come on you Rovers!!!

71E8136F-E01B-4077-A932-94C875A7CE1B.jpeg

You owned that jumper last time we scored a 98th min winner right? 😁😁

• Like 3

A very undeserved but very welcome 3 points. Rotherham were in complete control of that game and the treble substitution from Warne killed them and gave us a foot back into the game. The two centre backs were dreadful and must have been very relived when the 2 men that ran them ragged were subbed. Douglas was abysmal and I can't believe that I am going to say it but Bell is a better left back than him. Nyambe was totally isolated in the second half we had no one in front of him down the right.

Johnson looked every inch a 33 year old who has played a lot of football of late. Buckley was completely out of his depth I keep saying it and the more I see of him the more I think it, he is a non league player. Rothwell was by far the brightest of the starting midfielders, I really don't know why he keeps getting subbed off early. Holtby was abysmal again, he only seems to be able to do it against 10 men. Downing added a touch of class when he came on and for the second time this season a bit of composure on the ball from him helped us to get a stoppage time winner, surely he has earnt a start on Saturday.

Elliott classy again and Armstrong very subdued tonight but popped up when needed. Gallagher was bloody abysmal, I haven't seen many professional footballers with as bad a first touch as him practically every time the ball is passed to him it bounces of him. He's started 4 games in a row and the only time he has proven his worth was with his defensive work at Brentford in attack he has offered nothing. Yet Dolan had 1 or 2 quiet games and hasn't been given a start since.

Tonight again though just showed how far away we are from being a top 6 team under this manager, if the club have genuine aspirations of making that top 6 this season then Mowbray has to go immediately.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Dolly blue said:

Kaminsky, Nyambe , Ayala held the back together 

Rothwell must have wondered whether he had any midfield with him

Elliott looked what he is...a quality player 

as for the rest nothing to be said...Mowbray’s line up was shocking..

....Gallagher is not  a championship player ...    

.....Buckley , slow, weak, not ready 

.....Armstrong.....shocking body language ....

.....Johnson....unfit, no pace

... ..Lenihan....another pub player performance ...

......Douglas.....no words

......Bell ....having a laugh 

All this down to our “ performance “coach , Mr Mowbray  .

I couldn’t even enjoy the winner ...and I will not be able to listen to Mowbray as he will spout more utter shite    ....and some will believe him 🤬                                      

Harsh on arma not a great performance but an assist for the first and a late winner but yeah lets blast him for body language?

• Like 6

Buckley again failing to grasp the opportunity. Maybe a loan is the answer... I desperately want him to push on, but how we make that happen is the big question.

Gallagher should be used sparingly as a centre forward. Can’t fault his effort, but Dolan in for him on Saturday please.

Lenihan with another poor showing. Douglas with another dire showing. Bell back in.

Downing showing he still has an important role to play.

Elliott was lively all game and showed a touch of class. Armstrong doing the business means he can be forgiven for some pretty poor decision making for the previous 96 minutes.

Feel for Davenport. That goal looked like it could be the catalyst to kickstart his Rovers career. Still appears to be about 10th choice in that midfield.

Nyambe is class. Best player on the pitch by some distance.

• Like 3