BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

On 27/01/2021 at 12:49, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Can we rise above the dark arts of Nathan Jones? The last two games against Luton have left a sour taste in the mouth and he also frustrated us in the 0-0 with Stoke last season. In true Keegan style I would love it if we beat them, preferably with ease to restore a bit of morality. I have no problem with managers who set up to frustrate but if it crosses the line then it’s unacceptable and we’ve seen this twice from Luton. With a strong referee (not holding my breath) then hopefully we will be allowed to flourish. 

Last 3 you mean,shithoused us twice last season 2 goals from nothing at ewoid despite our dominance and a poor ref giving luton everything even a unfairly disallowed goal i think it was and then at Luton we lost to 2 own goals and a penalty then robbed away at Luton again by poor officials so we came away with a draw rather than a deserved win 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Last 3 you mean,shithoused us twice last season 2 goals from nothing at ewoid despite our dominance and a poor ref giving luton everything even a unfairly disallowed goal i think it was and then at Luton we lost to 2 own goals and a penalty then robbed away at Luton again by poor officials so we came away with a draw rather than a deserved win 

Indeed. However Jones wasn't their manager in the Ewood game last season, and Jones was the focus of The Mighty Chaffinch's post. Either way, we definitely owe this lot a bloody nose.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

I'd skip past the bit about the following season if I were you. Trust me - the less you know about that Play Off Final 2nd Leg at Palace the better!  I've still not got over that one.

As a newer fan, I’ve got the big stuff, so I enjoy the minutiae moments like these very much. Thanks again. 

So far, my only game to attend was last years Reading/Rovers game, which we won, 2-1, on goals by Dack & Armstrong. So, all my in-person Rovers memories are happy ones. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

I think that is a very biased judgement. We were toothless when we played them at home last season, they beat us fairly and we barely created anything of note. Away we were all over the shop, Carter had a nightmare at centre back. And even this season, we were really flat and whilst the referee missed a decision at the end, it would have only been a free kick, so calls of being robbed were a little misguided even if the ref was poor.

Luton away from home usually means very few goals, in fact 8 out of 13 games have had 1 goal or less, a ridiculous 2 games all season over 2 goals.

1-0 all over this, on this occasion it'll be us taking the 3 points too. Gonna be a late one, Elliott in the 86th minute. We're actually the strongest finishing team in the league believe it or not, 14 goals coming in the last 15 mins this season....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not even sure it is about making a statement, we made a few statement wins v Derby, Wycombe, Coventry and Preston but ultimately have been undermined by inconsistency. The statement would be to win a few on the bounce.

Following on from the boro win recent history would tell me we would fluff it at home against a team we would expect to be beating. 

I think it would be a statement to get the 3 points tomorrow, but for some reason I'm not 100% confident 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Win this and we're 3 points off the play-offs no matter what happens elsewhere. 

We know what happens...

I've thought about this. Swag screen shots the league table now, and makes sure this is the only one that TM and the players can see. They will happily churn out wins whilst we are a way off. Only reveal when playoffs are secured the real table. 

In fact I wouldn't even want to reveal the true table then but i can't think how the team and manager wouldn't notice the playoffs were a tad different. 

• Like 1

I’ve had a bit of time off the forum - for my sanity mainly 😅

Things haven’t been good enough on the pitch for weeks now and I am hooping Tony can turn it around as I don’t see him going.

Team for today would be:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Mr Miyagi Douglas

Travis Rothwell Davenport

Elliot Armstrong Dolan

Rothwell is miles more effective playing in the middle, Tony needs to stop sticking him out wide again. Brereton hasn’t been the same since his injury so he should sit this one out! Dolan deserves a start in my opinion

Edited by Ruaney

We really need to win this one and a massively improved performance is required.

Kaminski

Nyambe   Lenihan     Branthwiate   Downing

Trybull  Travis

Elliot        Rothy     Holtby

Arma

Tempted to start Gally instead of Arma if I'm honest, Dack, Dolan, Ben, Gally, Davenport would be on a decent bench.

Come on Rovers, give us a win and a performance that we can be chuffed about!!

56 minutes ago, Doug said:

We really need to win this one and a massively improved performance is required.

Kaminski

Nyambe   Lenihan     Branthwiate   Downing

Trybull  Travis

Elliot        Rothy     Holtby

Arma

Tempted to start Gally instead of Arma if I'm honest, Dack, Dolan, Ben, Gally, Davenport would be on a decent bench.

Come on Rovers, give us a win and a performance that we can be chuffed about!!

I agree with the formation, I would try to get the two full-backs pushing forward from the start. I think that at the moment there is not much to choose between the personnel available in midfield and attack. I just hope TM gets lucky and picks the right ones.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Luton away from home usually means very few goals, in fact 8 out of 13 games have had 1 goal or less, a ridiculous 2 games all season over 2 goals.

1-0 all over this, on this occasion it'll be us taking the 3 points too. Gonna be a late one, Elliott in the 86th minute. We're actually the strongest finishing team in the league believe it or not, 14 goals coming in the last 15 mins this season....

It's totally believable, largely because we are abject for the first 75mins.

• Like 1

Big game today. Win and we are 3 points off the playoffs. There are signs of a slight change in set up of late (albeit sometimes thrown out the window with confusing changes (Buckley for Johnson)). Mowbray seems to be adding a little more steel to the midfield in Davenport. Him and Travis together might not look spectacular but I do feel it gives us a lot more balance as though we play the game rather than attempting to simply dominate the ball. I think all fans would be happy to trade a bit of possession for steel. 

Anyway. A win, hopefully a gritty one and we could see a tweaked philosophy prevailing which gives me a little hope moving into the second half of the season. 

Stop bigging the mighty Luton Town and their manager up. Pick the players in their right positions. Instruct the players to get out onto the pitch, get in their faces, stop fanning about at the back with tippy tappy passing, run harder than the opposition, get the ball forward quicker and into the channels and get some efforts on target.

Was it Shankly who said football is a simple game?

• Like 2