BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

Just now, Tom said:

Barnsley are the first team I recall lining up with two Callum’s in their starting line up.

STATTO

That’s actually the most interesting highlight of tonight. How many Callum’s have played for Rovers? Callum Davidson? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gallagher and Douglas played well..

I think 3-5-2 looks decent and 2 up front is a threat. 

No point through midfield when the pitch is awful and weather awful

You mean Gallacher ran around with vigour. 

That is NOT the same as playing well. 

He is fine until he gets anywhere near the box. 

He is not a footballer. He never will be, but he'll score a goal next week which will keep him in the team for another 10 ineffective games. 

We may well win this game but we have stagnated since the Deepdale win and it is becoming harder and harder to witness. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

First half was so dull I decided to list the games Mowbray has avoided "fan displeasure" (at FT only) since Lockdown.

I even tried to give him the benefit of the doubt where I could.

Wigan (0-2), Barnsley (0-2), Millwall (0-1), Cardiff (0-0), Forest (0-1), Reading (2-4), Swansea (0-2), Middlesbrough (0-0), Bristol City (0-1), Stoke (0-1), Sheff Wed (0-0) Huddersfield (1-2), Doncaster (0-1), QPR (0-1), Preston (1-2)

Just the 15 then. Could easily have been 20. And that doesn't even consider the amount of abysmal 0-0s at half time. Basically 50% of the games this past year.

Covid-19 has saved Tony BIG time.

I personally think Tony should self isolate until the summer. He can take Bennet and Gallagher with him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

For all the talk about the new style, this looks very much like a Big Sam tactic to me. I know the pitch isn’t good but it’s long ball after long ball. 

Ive no problem with long ball. But it flies in the face of the type of players Mowbray has been buying and the style he's wanted to play for 4 years. Desperation from a manager totally out of his depth.  

• Like 3

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

That’s actually the most interesting highlight of tonight. How many Callum’s have played for Rovers? Callum Davidson? 

I’m drawing a Callum blank

• Like 2

Just now, matt83 said:

Ive no problem with long ball. But it flies in the face of the type of players Mowbray has been buying and the style he's wanted to play for 4 years. Desperation from a manager totally out of his depth.  

i think he`s lost the dressing room and now he`s just desperate for results to try and get some credibility back,hence the scattergun tactics

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Difficult arguing with a post like that.  Impossible actually.

Have you actually got anything constructive to say about the shambles we witness out on the pitch week after week rather than just continually snipe at anyone who dares question Mowbray.

Of course Mowbray is in pure self preservation mode. He isn't even being subtle about it now having the gall after 4 years here to suggest that we're only 28 games into a quest for promotion.

And becoming increasingly arrogant and obnoxious during interview when being rightly questioned about things like sitting in the stand.

It's hardly surprising. He knows he's bombproof with Waggott as CEO. Nor even Cole appointed his mate as his boss.

• Like 3