BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

The desperation level comments of an increasingly desperate manager. Attempt to drag expectations down to the level being delivered.

He set the target and expectation at top 6. He's falling well short of it. So why is he surprised when people are fed up at being well beaten by QPR, Preston and Barnsley?

• Like 7

David Dunn out in force defending Mowbray. Surprise.

The same Dunn who was Mowbray's assistant, and also got the job with the u23s when Mowbray was manager, and has been getting free admission to Ewood during the prohibition of fans, now vociferously defending him. Who'd have thought it?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I can't feel anything but real sadness about TM's position at the moment.  IMHO he's done his best for the club from day one.  Comparisons to Kean and Coyle are either the drink talking or purposely designed to inflate the situation.  There is no doubt that we are all very disappointed, but I do appeal to Rovers fans to stop with the personal abuse aimed at TM, here and I'm sure elsewhere on the 'net.

The things he’s starting to come out with are definitely comparable to Kean/Coyle’s comments.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, superniko said:

The thing the irks me the most about that “we’ve not been premier league for a long time” comment is we’ve just lost to QPR, PNE and Barnsley....when was the last time the 3 of them were premier league? 

We don’t even look like a decent Championship side despite having 3 alleged future prem stars and a £12m strike force! 

Exactly. If he's going to come out with the old 'get real' routine he'd be better saving it for just after we've been beaten by the 'big boys' like Watford and Norwich. At least referring to PL pedigree would be partly relevant. But doing so after abysmal performances against 3 sides with no recent PL pedigree just shows him up even more. 

He thinks he is clever but ends up just getting more and more egg on his face.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

David Dunn out in force defending Mowbray. Surprise.

The same Dunn who was Mowbray's assistant, and also got the job with the u23s when Mowbray was manager, and has been getting free admission to Ewood during the prohibition of fans, now vociferously defending him. Who'd have thought it?

Us Rovers fans need to ‘get real’ JHR.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wheelton Blue said:

He's not owed anything. He's been handsomely rewarded for 4 years, the upshot being that he's reached his ceiling. 

You don't have to agree with me (I’m certain you won’t), but I’ll always respect him from preventing the club from being in a way worse situation than it is now. That’s why I think he’s owed the remainder of the season. Can’t help but be grateful for what he’s done for us. If your someone that just wants what’s best for the club with no sentiment then I understand why you would want the immediate change. I’d prefer to be more respectful but that’s just me.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Carbz said:

It was Coyle that got us into a position to be relegated to league 1. It was Mowbray that got us back into the Championship and solidified us following absolute turmoil.

What's that got to do with now? Not just results, but his general attitude towards the team and the fans.

The club comes first, not sentimentality.

• Like 3

Just now, Carbz said:

That’s why I think he’s owed the remainder of the season. 

Do you mean financially? He will get paid for baking with the missus.  

If you mean sentimentally, then bollocks to that. Get the new guy in asap and sort out this shit show in time for the next window.

Mowbray won't suffer, don't worry. He will walk into a new job.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Carbz said:

I like how you highlighted that part of the response but not the bit about people on here jumping at an opportunity to belittle someone from behind a keyboard. 

I didn't highlight it as I wasn't responding to anything you said about people belittling other posters.

You made a point in your post which was clearly untrue and I was just pointing this out.

Edited by Hasta

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I don't want to write what I really feel about that quote from Mowbray. It's like I said last week, he's a small time manager not worthy of managing our club. He's basically covering himself with "you can't expect the Premier League guys, you haven't played there for a long time". It's a snide insult in order to protect himself. It's reminiscent of Mourinho's "football heritage" comment to United fans when they got knocked out of the Champions League one season (i.e you have a history of losing at this stage of the competition, 'it's not my fault'). This is not someone I want as manager.

Rovers have won the PL.

Mowbray has never managed successfully in the PL ... EVER

Hell he failed in L1 at Coventry.

I still can't really follow why he made the PL reference in is latest drivel, he was being quizzed about being shit in the Championship.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Carbz said:

You don't have to agree with me (I’m certain you won’t), but I’ll always respect him from preventing the club from being in a way worse situation than it is now. That’s why I think he’s owed the remainder of the season. Can’t help but be grateful for what he’s done for us. If your someone that just wants what’s best for the club with no sentiment then I understand why you would want the immediate change. I’d prefer to be more respectful but that’s just me.

How about what we have done for him? He was set for the Chesterfield job before we came in from leftfield and appointed him. He's been living the dream ever since, dream's over now it's time to go.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I didn't highlight it as I wasn't responding to anything you said about people belittling other posters.

You made a point in your post which was clearly untrue and I was just pointing this out.

Well it’s not a coincidence that you were trying to be belittling in that comment.

35 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Mid table plodders? 

Just like we are then. So what are you on  about? 

Tony Mowbray: ”We are the team we are, with total respect to Blackburn Rovers, we haven’t been tearing it up in the Premier League for a long time."

Quoted following consecutive defeats to Barnsley, QPR and PNE. 

It’s essentially Mowbray admitting he’s failing. Yes, we haven’t been tearing it up in the premier league for a long time, every fan knows that, but we’ve just lost 3 on the bounce in the Championship and we’re sat mid-table so he isn’t exactly ‘tearing it up’ in the Championship either. (we’ve spent all but 6 seasons in our history in the top 2 tiers so where exactly does he think we should be tearing it up?). You can count the number of seasons we’ve spent in the 3rd tier on one dingle hand.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do you mean financially? He will get paid for baking with the missus.  

If you mean sentimentally, then bollocks to that. Get the new guy in asap and sort out this shit show in time for the next window.

Mowbray won't suffer, don't worry. He will walk into a new job.

It's just utter nonsense, if at any point Mowbray received a better offer he'd have been off like a shot.

The most important thing is the club as Mowbray himself has stated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carbz said:

Well it’s not a coincidence that you were trying to be belittling in that comment.

Eh?

Belittle means to dismiss someone or something as unimportant. 

I wasn't saying everyone wanting Mowbray out but no-one giving an opinion on who should replace him is unimportant.

I was saying that clearly that is not what is happening as we have a full thread on who should replace him.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2