BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Watford Wed 24th Feb 19:45

50 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We need a win, for the players, for the fans.

I can't ever favour us losing no matter if it rid the world of vermin.

I'll be watching. I can't help it.

Armstrong to score in a 1-2 loss and hope I'm wrong.

I can't even see a result either unless we get a Watford sending off, we could just about get a draw then.

4 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Bristol City sacked their manager after a 6-0 drubbing by Watford. If we're going to get beaten, it may as well result in something positive by losing to the same margin. Watford don't score too many goals away. It's got the feel of a game Mowbray would try to play for a draw, anyway and try to nick one. Mowbray will just look to win the possession battle and dominate the ball. I've still no idea what dominate the ball means. If any other commentator knows, please let me know.

I don't know how Davenport starts ahead of Rothwell .I'm half convinced Mowbray will play 3-4-1-2 with Johnson thrown right in as part of the back 3 , but [play more as a sweeper. It doesn't make sense for Dack to play handholding with the 2 CB loanees. I think that if Bennett plays, we'll concede. As usual, we depend on whether Armstrong is wearing his shooting boots or not.

Their players must be thinking getting battered was worth it. Pearson rumored to be in for the job.

• Like 2

This match will be Tony Mowbray's 138th Championship game in charge of the Rovers. Which effectively means 3 full seasons as Blackburn Rovers manager. (46 games per season, 46 x 3 = 138)

Going into this game, his record stands at

P137 W47 D36 L50 Pts183 

League win percentage of 34.3%

An average of 1.34 points per game

-----------------------------------------------------------

For comparison, Gary Bowyer was in charge of Rovers for 120 Championship games

P120 W43 D44 L33 Pts173

League win percentage of 35.8%

An average of 1.44 points per game

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Bristol City sacked their manager after a 6-0 drubbing by Watford. If we're going to get beaten, it may as well result in something positive by losing to the same margin. Watford don't score too many goals away. It's got the feel of a game Mowbray would try to play for a draw, anyway and try to nick one. Mowbray will just look to win the possession battle and dominate the ball. I've still no idea what dominate the ball means. If any other commentator knows, please let me know.

I don't know how Davenport starts ahead of Rothwell .I'm half convinced Mowbray will play 3-4-1-2 with Johnson thrown right in as part of the back 3 , but [play more as a sweeper. It doesn't make sense for Dack to play handholding with the 2 CB loanees. I think that if Bennett plays, we'll concede. As usual, we depend on whether Armstrong is wearing his shooting boots or not.

We could lost 16-0 and I bet Mowbray wouldnt go anywhere sadly.

I think Davenport has impressed lately, Rothwell has done very little in 2 and a half years, Davenport alongside Travis has the makings of a good duo.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Urgh, Bennett at right back.

You could play Douglas there and bring Bell in at left back. I wouldn't be averse to giving Pike a go if we didn't already have two teenagers at centre half. Travis has played there previously but he'd be missed in midfield. Any chance of any of our vast array of sick notes putting in an appearance ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You could play Douglas there and bring Bell in at left back. I wouldn't be averse to giving Pike a go if we didn't have two teenagers at centre half. Travis has played their previously but he'd be missed in midfield. Any chance of any of our vast array of sick notes putting in an appearance ?

Left back will have to deal with Sarr who destroyed us in the first match. Neither Bell nor Douglas are up to it. 

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You could play Douglas there and bring Bell in at left back. I wouldn't be averse to giving Pike a go if we didn't already have two teenagers at centre half. Travis has played there previously but he'd be missed in midfield. Any chance of any of our vast array of sick notes putting in an appearance ?

Bell is just as bad to be fair.

Rankin Costello is back from injury, and although he himself isnt a convincing full back, if fit I would probably play him.

Failing that, I have asked a few times why considering our under 23s win so often, why none of the team is near the first time. We know Bennett isnt capable, so as you mention, id give Pike a go there.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Game on Sky Red Button

My team

Kaminski 

Bennett Lenihan Branthwaite Douglas 

Travis  Davenport Dack

Elliott          Armstrong       Dolan

I think Lenihan is still injured.

Doesn't matter who plays LB, they will get mullered.

Doesn't matter who plays against Bennett, he will get mullered.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1