BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Brentford, Friday, March 12.

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

It is with sadness that I'd like to tell you of the passing today of Wilfred Fozzard, aged 91, due to Covid-19.

He is the Dad of one of a band of 5 schoolmates who, along with me, have been following Rovers together since 1972.

Wilfred was a Rover too and today, all he wanted to do was reminisce with his son about times they'd both spent together, sometimes with us, following his beloved Blue & Whites.

Please all, raise a glass together tonight in memory of Wilfred Fozzard RIP: a true Rover!

Thanks.

A win would be fitting, let's do it for Wilfred RIP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

200-2.gif

I did a pay monthly for iFollow, but I have just cancelled it out of boredom (I did think our season might have stretched into April at least, not be over in February). Why am I even going to watch the game today (I know it is on Sky)? I do not know. Probably to see if David Raya has improved.

I think Brentford might have an off day and we will win. But it is far too late to matter. 1-0 to Rovers. Without any cheer.

Edited by Banzai
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The football lexicon has been rewritten by hipsters who have probably never played the game, and have most certainly never kissed a girl. They all have posters of Pep on their walls and will talk for hours about 'data'.

So instead if dropping into space we now 'play between the lines'. Simon Barker would today be called a 'pivot' and massive bellends talk about 'wide forwards' like it means something. 

And 'expansive' football is just attacking football. Don Mackay invented it in 1988. 

Playing between the lines.

Good in transition.

False nine.

High line.

Inverted wingers.

These are just a selection of hip sayings used by the modern football men. I just prefer the game without all this tosh which I think are used to try and impress us mere mortals. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The football lexicon has been rewritten by hipsters who have probably never played the game, and have most certainly never kissed a girl. They all have posters of Pep on their walls and will talk for hours about 'data'.

So instead if dropping into space we now 'play between the lines'. Simon Barker would today be called a 'pivot' and massive bellends talk about 'wide forwards' like it means something. 

And 'expansive' football is just attacking football. Don Mackay invented it in 1988. 

As I thought, total bollards. Just like listening to Tony Mogadon. "dominating the ball" or whatever. Just total claptrap. 

Good old Don mackay. Those were the days. Had a great team then

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, broadsword said:

As I thought, total bollards. Just like listening to Tony Mogadon. "dominating the ball" or whatever. Just total claptrap. 

iv`e got great regards for the don,build a great side on peanuts and kept the game simple,unlike moggasaurous who likes to think he`s a tactician but in reality is just trying to copy better managers who can actually make their tactics work

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Scotty standing one up for Archibald or Stapleton...👍

Hope I've for my timelines right....someone was standing them up for them

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Scotty standing one up for Archibald or Stapleton...👍

Hope I've for my timelines right....someone was standing them up for them

It was like nothing else on earth at the time  the celebrations for Rovers goals, the anticipation and excitement of match day home and away, the press of the crowd at your back, the chaos in the BBE when some lunatic away fan ventured in, the losing the ball in the floodlights, the taste of the pies and bovril at half time, the wafting of tobacco smoke over the Riverside - a real 'smell of a crowd'... 

Oh for a Hollands pie and a pint at half time these days.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

It was like nothing else on earth at the time  the celebrations for Rovers goals, the anticipation and excitement of match day home and away, the press of the crowd at your back, the chaos in the BBE when some lunatic away fan ventured in, the losing the ball in the floodlights, the taste of the pies and bovril at half time, the wafting of tobacco smoke over the Riverside - a real 'smell of a crowd'... 

thats pretty much as i remember it as well,used to love the madness of a goal,everyone went completely mental at the derby play off game and i remember when garner crashed one in against liverpool in the early 90`s,even my dad,who was always moaning,lost it completely!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Chrissie Price bombing down the right hand side. Howie Gayle and the two Super Simons. Nicky Reid’s energy. Gennoe’s commanding presence. Big Col finding his feet as a pro. 23 games unbeaten, many victories after going 1-0 down. Happy, happy times following the Rovers. Just a shame Selhurst Park 1989 didn’t give us the perfect climax to that era. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

The water dripping from the roof of the Blackburn end - never understood why we had to stand in exactly the same spot every bloody game even if it meant being dripped on 😳🤔😂

A pie, a cup of "Tea" (washing up liquid) and a rousing rendition of "get yer ..... for the lads" whenever a female came within 30 yards of the fence and the look on my dad's face everytime when he joined in before realising that we always stood next to an older lady 🙈

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

I love(d) to stand at Ewood, and away, BE was crazy. Proper football, that's why I'm all for safe standing when this madness ends. Jab next Thursday in the crypt of Blackburn Cathedral, how fitting. I will say a small prayer for the removal of Loons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Chrissie Price bombing down the right hand side. Howie Gayle and the two Super Simons. Nicky Reid’s energy. Gennoe’s commanding presence. Big Col finding his feet as a pro. 23 games unbeaten, many victories after going 1-0 down. Happy, happy times following the Rovers. Just a shame Selhurst Park 1989 didn’t give us the perfect climax to that era. 

Nicky Reid used to put more effort in running out of the tunnel than most of our lot do in 90 mins! Only bloke I've ever seen sprint out at full pelt.

Loved those days. 

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 6

Always amazes me that TM rotates regularly, sometimes when, to my mind, he shouldn't, but then we have three games in six days and quite a few players have played in all three. Not the first time he hasn't made changes when they do seem merited (and that's before we get into continuing to play out of form players week in week out, whilst rotating players who do better).

I get why the same team is out though, they've done fairly well the last two games, just hope this isn't a game too far for their legs.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I love(d) to stand at Ewood, and away, BE was crazy. Proper football, that's why I'm all for safe standing when this madness ends. Jab next Thursday in the crypt of Blackburn Cathedral, how fitting. I will say a small prayer for the removal of Loons.

Ha, am there on Tuesday - probably shuffling in with many a former comrade from the days and nights a rolling on the BBE 😎

Anyways, back to the job in hand... let's use the consistency in the side to send these softies from the Sarf back to West London with their stinking tails between their jellied eel legs tonight! 

COYB!!!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Nicky Reid used to put more effort in running out of the tunnel than most of our lot do in 90 mins! Only bloke I've ever seen sprint out at full pelt.

Loved those days. 

He was one fit geezer he told us one night in the pub that he used to do a full warm up routine. Sit ups, pull ups, press ups etc before he even went out to play although i don't think pre match warm ups on the pitch were quite the same then. In fact i think it was voluntary and only those who could be arsed had a bit of a kick about 🤣

He did also say when he went to Burnley Stan Ternant thought he was mad. He'd never seen anyone doing chin ups before a game !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3