BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

I personally think if we do sign Obafemi he will be a good addition.

Young only a handful of starts and when he's starting he's scored goals.

Every single sportsperson has an attitude and some form of issue. If they didn't they wouldn't be where they are.

He's got more Premier League appearances than the majority of our team.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Unprofessionalism. That's what the manager said. Not stretching and eating enough vegetables

That has morphed into him being some kind of trouble maker

It's total bullshit, peddled by morons with nothing better to do. 

https://www.the42.ie/obafemi-not-100-as-professional-as-i-could-be-4959468-Jan2020/

In an interview with The Daily Mail, the 19-year-old insisted that he enjoys “a good relationship” with Hasenhüttl, whose side are currently on a five-match unbeaten run.

Obafemi, whose progress has been hindered by a couple of recent hamstring injuries, is now stretching more often. He’s also addressing his diet, with the club encouraging him to increase his intake of vegetables.

“I know I’m not 100% as professional as I could be,” he said. “I’m still young, I still need to learn certain stuff.”

Was there also an issue with him being put out having been put back in the Under 21s for Ireland after a senior call up?

My personal opinion is that the deal is a mixture of pros and cons. Totally unknown whether he could score goals at senior level on a regular basis, and has had muscular injuries which is a worry. Attitude less of a worry personally especially as he seems to have learnt from it. Would ideally prefer someone with some sort of track record for scoring goals but I like what I saw from the few times that I have seen him for Southampton and like the attributes that he could give especially from a pressing point of view.

I have no idea how the thread has descended how it has to be honest to the point that I am now deemed to be a "mood hoover" especially over a player that I am in the middle over but there you go. I think a lot of the reservations are fair although there are always going to be one or two who take it to extremes on either side which seems to have caused a lot of provocation.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
29 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Any chance we can all pipe down about obafemi. Seems an awful lot of bickering about a player who hasn't even signed yet. And is unlikely to sign in my opinion. 

Motion carried. We don’t want any more mentions of posters moaning (which is ironically moaning about moaning, LOL). Not sure what’s in the water today, but many of you are drunk on it and winding each other up. Stop it please.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He was playing in pre-season and was inured prior to this. What's another 6 months? A long time for a young footballer. I find it difficult to believe you coach kids. It would concern me to be honest. 

As for the last part, that didn't do Armstrong any harm, did it? Hopefully Obafemi sees that, because it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up going to somewhere better 

Kids and adults are very different don't know what youre on about again.  I don't advise kids on their contracts 🤣🤣🤣

I agree, he's either a crock or it won't happen,  that's my view. 

The selling point from Rovers to Obafemi will be Armstrong's example.  Come in, work hard, do the business and get snapped up again. One step back for two forwards type thing. Club and player will be looking for a quick turnaround.

I just hope he doesn't look at the Brereton example of the first few years. I also hope he is more of an Armstrong and less of a Samuel !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Nicko saying fee agreed for Obefemi, just down to himself now.

I just can't see him coming here to be honest.

I think he might hold off and see who else is interested before jumping out on loan somewhere near deadline day.

1 hour ago, mustard said:

Obafemi scores 3 in his first 3 games, but doesn't bag in his fourth?  Told you he was shit.  Did I mention he's got attitude and injury problems?  Should have not signed him and stuck relying on those strikers I've been telling everyone are shit for the last two years...

On the contrary....

It's only right that fans should raise concerns about his long term injury record. 

His manager and the player himself have flagged up his poor attitude in the past.

If he comes to Rovers (on a free hopefully) the vast majority fans will give him a fair chance. 

But it's up to the player to prove himself

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

On the contrary....

It's only right that fans should raise concerns about his long term injury record. 

His manager and the player himself have flagged up his poor attitude in the past.

If he comes to Rovers (on a free hopefully) the vast majority fans will give him a fair chance. 

But it's up to the player to prove himself

I think it is also upto the fans and the club to make him want to prove himself.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So, basically, despite Mowbray saying last week it "couldn't be guaranteed" that any AA proceeds would be reinvested (and giving poor old roversfan99 a coronary) it seems yet again that all he had to do was ask the owners and they  obliged?

Edit: Whether or not the player himself will want to come is a different matter of course. Might feel he's being railroaded into it.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So, basically, despite Mowbray saying last week it "couldn't be guaranteed" that any AA proceeds would be reinvested (and giving poor old roversfan99 a coronary) it seems yet again that all he had to do was ask the owners and they  obliged?

Edit: Whether or not the player himself will want to come is a different matter of course. Might feel he's being railroaded into it.

I would say it's up to the Rovers, to persuade him to want to come here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He may well feel that but alternatively he may look at Armstrong and think he didn’t play much at Newcastle, then got plenty playing time at Blackburn who then didn’t stand in his way when Premier league beckoned. Being in a similar situation, I could do worse.