BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Not entirely surprising, but a rather depressing indictment of where we are as a club that Obafemi's rejection was inevitable. Reach seemingly rejected us to sit on West Brom's bench, Mpanzu saw Luton as a more attractive proposition and Obafemi seemingly would prefer to wait with little security at Southampton and with a number of strikers ahead of him. This has been an absolutely shambolic transfer window and the state of our squad is an urgent worry.

I was never totally convinced that Obafemi was who we needed simply because not only is he injury prone but mainly because he hasnt got a record of scoring goals at senior level, but he is definitely a talented player, I liked what I saw of him and he has really good attributes.

The thing is that we can almost be sure that the money wont go on another striker, this is another excuse, we as a club dont seem to have the organisation to have another permanent target waiting to press the button on.

There is this narrative about being patient but by the time the end of the window comes around, we will be 5 games down, 6 including the cup. It is not acceptable to not have signed a single player at this time.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Ooooo shocker. No one saw that coming..... Oh hang on myself and numerous posters predicted this outcome. 

Don't worry Mr. Lucimo we are getting an extra 6m now according to a couple of the likely lads on here.....like I said yesterday,  I'd have had the 21m and gone home......

• Like 1

What a shit show of a deal. Did we just assume the animal magnetism of Tony Mowbray and Waggott would be enough to convince a 21 year old to move across the country on a reduced wage to a team that finished 15th in the championship and who have publicly declared "need to put on the brakes" for this season????

It obviously looks like Obafemi was included in the Armstrong deal in some way, i.e "gentlemen's agreement to accept a discount price" but what was the fucking point of that when no one had checked the player wanted to come. Jesus christ, we must be the worst run club in the championship. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Don't worry Mr. Lucimo we are getting an extra 6m now according to a couple of the likely lads on here.....like I said yesterday,  I'd have had the 21m and gone home......

None of which will be seen - except on paying a few PL loans.

51 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean three Academy graduates refuse to sign new deals - Lenihan, Travis and Nyambe.

If they don't have loyalty to the club, who does?! We're a shambles under Mowbray.

Travis is contracted to 2023 with a further year in the clubs favour so effectively he is contracted for another 3 years

Obafemis name has been all round this deal for weeks now, there is no way we just found out he isn’t interested….surely his agent was contacted in the past few days.

Much more likely he came in for talks wearing ripped jeans, or we reneged on a previous ball park offer.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Obafemis name has been all round this deal for weeks now, there is no way we just found out he isn’t interested….surely his agent was contacted in the past few days.

Much more likely he came in for talks wearing ripped jeans, or we reneged on a previous ball park offer.

Or he just spent 10 mins speaking to TM and Waggott.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Maybe not all bad - if anything, last evening suggests that if  when Ayala breaks down, the other central defensive options are at best, poor.  Maybe its time to go back to basics, make us hard to beat by not conceding goals, get some decent defenders in with whatever cash we have.

We've waited a while, "defenders are coming" we were told.......

Which bench is Kipre sitting on these days?

3 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

Maybe not all bad - if anything, last evening suggests that if  when Ayala breaks down, the other central defensive options are at best, poor.  Maybe its time to go back to basics, make us hard to beat by not conceding goals, get some decent defenders in with whatever cash we have.

We've waited a while, "defenders are coming" we were told.......

Which bench is Kipre sitting on these days?

Started for West Brom last week 

• Backroom

So....far as I can tell there's only 2 teams in whole of Championship that haven't signed a single player, us and Reading.

And Balaji's telling me the "future looks bright"!!

Any chance he can point out where. I'm not seeing much light amongst the gloom. Feels more like a total eclipse tbh.

• Like 3

Disappointed about Obafemi apparently turning us down. This was one that I was excited about. It's no surprise though. It's hard enough getting good players to come here as it is, without taking into account who is doing the negotiating for us.

He's going to throw money at a panic buy on the last day of the window again, isn't he?

44 minutes ago, Gav said:

We need a top quality central defender who can play more than 5 games in a row, we don't need another striker at this stage.

Build from the back Tony.

Who is scoring Arma’s 28 goals? Dick and Dom were here last season and got about 15 between them. Not a chance in hell they’ll be getting circa 20 each.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3