BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

No it's not.  I said it last year before he was sent out. Hindsight is after the event 

Saying we weren’t close to promotion is looking back after the event.

Up until the collapse of form in February, promotion wasn’t off the cards.

Either way, I don’t think Chapman would have made much difference and he certainly benefited from the loan spell.

Following on from the texts I got from a Peterborough fan who is a close friend and ardent Posh fan, there are now 3 Championship teams in for Dembele, he still believes Rovers are at the head of the queue however no fee has been mentioned or whether it has been accepted. No mention of the other clubs allegedly sniffing around him.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Seems more hopeful than other sources have been. Also mentions that fee is at a fraction of 6m - I’d guess at around the 2m mark. 

The Dembele rumours are interesting. He’d be a really good signing, with potential for a much larger resell value. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Following on from the texts I got from a Peterborough fan who is a close friend and ardent Posh fan, there are now 3 Championship teams in for Dembele, he still believes Rovers are at the head of the queue however no fee has been mentioned or whether it has been accepted. No mention of the other clubs allegedly sniffing around him.

Would definitely take a look at Dembele. He has a bit of pace too if I’m recalling correctly.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Boro are guaranteed to be one.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Obafemi and Dembele would be ideal , but can't believe Peterborough would sell at this point of the transfer window 

Why not? This stretch from now until the end is the most active part of the transfer window.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TruRover said:

Rumour of a player coming in today? Also mentioned in the LT that one could be coming in.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19524104.latest-blackburn-rovers-interest-michael-obafemi/

"Those are unlikely to happen before the weekend visit of West Brom, but Rovers would like to see more through the door next week to avoid a deadline day scramble."

The Dembele one seems to be similar to the Maddison one, just accelerates from nowhere. Not really a central striker and they tend to get big money for their players.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19524104.latest-blackburn-rovers-interest-michael-obafemi/

"Those are unlikely to happen before the weekend visit of West Brom, but Rovers would like to see more through the door next week to avoid a deadline day scramble."

The Dembele one seems to be similar to the Maddison one, just accelerates from nowhere. Not really a central striker and they tend to get big money for their players.

Peterborough have done well recruitment wise over the last few years.  Perhaps we should have been head hunting their chief scout rather than Tony's mate.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Just because their dof said something about footballing suicide to sell him

Yeah Barry Fry did say that but he isn't going to say he is available, they will want the best price possible.

He is out of contract at the end of the season if they get an offer of a couple of million can see them selling, wether we will be in the race to sign him I have no idea

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Any idea how much he might cost? He looks a very exciting player. I would be overjoyed if we got him for decent money. 

• Like 1