BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is he prepared to put in the shift, that's the question, because the front 3 now really do. Gallagher ran from one touchline to the other chasing the ball yesterday, won a throw then at the other side. Good as a goal that was 

Yeah Gally gets a lot of stick but he runs himself into the ground out of position for the team. Well that is the question but one thing for sure is we can’t rely on Dolan as our striker this season, we need another in Obafemi or someone else. I love Dolan but he can’t finish. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4000Holes said:

At risk of being controversial, I don’t think we need another striker.  Brereton is a different player.  Gallagher is just a bout ok particularly if he is played in the right position (target man up top).  Dolan has done ok so far.  We have some good young lads coming behind them, McBride probably the stand out and sooner of later will require game time.

Its obvious that Obifemi is not really interested, so just leave it and concentrate on other areas that do need attention.  I  also think we operate as a team better without Armstrong as our balance was never right with him.

Told you I was going to be controversial so getting my tin hat out in readiness.

Agree on Arma, good as he was at popping them in there was a touch of the Rhodes issue with the team set up.

Mowbray said Obifemi is similar to Armstrong so it seems he wants to go down that route again. Not for me i'd rather see them mix it up with the ugly stuff, rather than return to possession stuff just looking to slip a quick striker in after 50 sideways passes.

Target man or good winger and switch Gally up top to do the dirty work.

34 minutes ago, Butty said:

I like Dolan he puts a shift in but we can’t rely on him as our striker this season. If he could shoot he’d have 3 or 4 goals already this season, Obafemi has Dolans pace but I’d expect he’s a better finisher. I think he’d fit in to our side well from what I’ve seen, as long as he was prepared to put the shift in Dolan does up there and then Dolan can go back to his impact sub role which he plays very well. 

I certainly hope he's quicker than Dolan. Obafemi is a better player, but not sure whether finishing is his strongest attribute when you look at his stats.

Whatever happened to all the scouting we were supposed to do in France (Ligue 2)? There are lots of good cheap players in Europe if only they could be bothered scouting them.

Obafemi isn’t taking the piss, just taking his time.

Id like to see us buy a striker and another forward. Then fill the defensive anc midfield gaps with loans and frees.

My guess - Obafemi (Fee), Kean Bryan (free), Brighton kid, City defender and Doyle.

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Agree on Arma, good as he was at popping them in there was a touch of the Rhodes issue with the team set up.

Mowbray said Obifemi is similar to Armstrong so it seems he wants to go down that route again. Not for me i'd rather see them mix it up with the ugly stuff, rather than return to possession stuff just looking to slip a quick striker in after 50 sideways passes.

Target man or good winger and switch Gally up top to do the dirty work.

Obafemi would just replace Dolan,we need someone who will get us goals,Obafemi won't get as many as Arma but he is a lot stronger,and from the games IV seen him in and the clips iv seen his link up play as good aswell.Id be more confident in Obafemi scoring the goals we need than Dembele.

We don't need Brereton, Gallagher and another lanky player.We need to accept that Mowbray will always play Gallagher and Brererton as "wide strikers" if Dembele comes in he will go into Dolans position

Edited by islander200

14 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I certainly hope he's quicker than Dolan. Obafemi is a better player, but not sure whether finishing is his strongest attribute when you look at his stats.

Whatever happened to all the scouting we were supposed to do in France (Ligue 2)? There are lots of good cheap players in Europe if only they could be bothered scouting them.

We wouldn't get permits for most of them now to be fair

Couple of posters have mentioned the club being interested in Rhys Healey,think even the telegraph mentioned him a while back one of them said.Playing in the French second division

1 hour ago, Butty said:

I like Dolan he puts a shift in but we can’t rely on him as our striker this season. If he could shoot he’d have 3 or 4 goals already this season, Obafemi has Dolans pace but I’d expect he’s a better finisher. I think he’d fit in to our side well from what I’ve seen, as long as he was prepared to put the shift in Dolan does up there and then Dolan can go back to his impact sub role which he plays very well. 

Is Dolan actually that fast?  He's tricky but I don't think he's got blistering pace.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Is Dolan actually that fast?  He's tricky but I don't think he's got blistering pace.

To be fair yeah I think he’s one of those players who’s quicker on the ball than without it. Obafemi looks like an out and out speed demon from what I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If I remember correctly we used that throw in set price to run down the last few minutes 

Gallagher had an absolute stinker last night and it always amazes me whenever anyone says running about a bit is a more important attribute than the ability to score goals!

🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Gallagher had an absolute stinker last night and it always amazes me whenever anyone says running about a bit is a more important attribute than the ability to score goals!

🙂

Couldn't disagree more. I thought he was the best of our forward line. Offered so much more than Diaz and Dolan. His work rate really does go unnoticed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

He hasnt gone anywhere else Chaddy,not every transfer happens instantly.It is a big decision and I don't blame him for taking his time and not signing instantly for the first club to agree a fee for him .

It's been a couple of weeks

It's been more than a couple of weeks we been interested. 

Mowbray need to be make a decision whether to keep pursuing him but for me I would drop interest in him after last weekend. Move on to other striker targets

We need a striker in and for me not have the luxury of waiting around after losing Armstrong. 

3 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Yes but Barnsley seem to able find strikers in Europe. 

29 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Elanga is one of the names Iv heard 

And hopefully the other one is Hannibal. Either of them would be our best player if they joined.

Edit: Someone mentioned Diallo too… 

Edited by Fraserkirky

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

We've just mothballed our European Scouting Conglomerate blaming Brexit.

You can see the headline

Brexit to blame for Rovers' transfer failings, says Mowbray

Another excuse for Teflon Tony