BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Couldn't disagree more. I thought he was the best of our forward line. Offered so much more than Diaz and Dolan. His work rate really does go unnoticed. 

There's a difference between working hard and being effective.

Unless being unable to bring the ball under control is now considered an attribute I can't think of one positive thing he did other than the bit of closing down bds mentioned earlier.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's been more than a couple of weeks we been interested. 

Mowbray need to be make a decision whether to keep pursuing him but for me I would drop interest in him after last weekend. Move on to other striker targets

We need a striker in and for me not have the luxury of waiting around after losing Armstrong. 

Yes but Barnsley seem to able find strikers in Europe. 

It's been 11 days since we sold Armstrong so it hasn't been more than a couple of weeks since we agreed a fee for Obafemi.

• Like 1

Talk about a way to burst the early season optimism: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19525768.mowbrays-message-blackburn-rovers-fans-contract-renewals/

I didn’t realise Lenihan was in his last year too. Potentially we’re going to lose 4 of our best assets next summer for free - save for a few peanuts for Nyambe. Criminal.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Talk about a way to burst the early season optimism: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19525768.mowbrays-message-blackburn-rovers-fans-contract-renewals/

I didn’t realise Lenihan was in his last year too. Potentially we’re going to lose 4 of our best assets next summer for free - save for a few peanuts for Nyambe. Criminal.

Why mention that we would have broken the pay structure for Arma? Surely that’s the quickest way to alienate the players we are talking to about extensions.

“Yeah, we’d love you to stay but you’re not as good as Arma so we won’t pay you any more”.

Just seems no point in mentioning the Arma discussions now he’s gone. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I didn’t realise Lenihan was in his last year too. Potentially we’re going to lose 4 (if not the 4) of our best assets next summer for free - save for a few peanuts for Nyambe. Criminal.

If we can't sign players like Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe up to new contracts because of some new(?) Pay structure, then we are going to struggle in the long term.

Can't even pay average championship players what they want.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Part of me is happy that they are sticking to a wage structure. But a larger part of me is annoyed that we have wasted so much money in previous seasons on Gallagher and Brereton (in truth we paid at least double what we should have), contracts for players like Downing and then not playing him - and in truth not selling players at the most opportune time. 

In balance though - I do think they have been unlucky with Covid - as any long term plans will have been blown by the financial impact of the last 18 months

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

If we can't sign players like Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe up to new contracts because of some new(?) Pay structure, then we are going to struggle in the long term.

Can't even pay average championship players what they want.

You could argue too that those four are our most valuable assets (apart from perhaps Kaminski - who himself only has a year longer left than them - and Travis). Insane how we find ourselves in this position. If we thought we were thread bare this year, wait until 2022-23!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just read the article. It's a connundrum. Sharpe said that we could fit Obafemi's current  wages within our structure.  So that's a young Irish international with a few prem league appearances and goals - at an established PL club - who will no doubt pay their younger players more than ours.

It's difficult to know on that evidence whether we are seriously low balling these players..or their wage demands are unreasonable.

With Waggott, I would be guessing the first option. 

I think there will be a bit of movement, one way or the other after the window closes.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

You could argue too that those four are our most valuable assets (apart from perhaps Kaminski - who himself only has a year longer left than them - and Travis). Insane how we find ourselves in this position. If we thought we were thread bare this year, wait until 2022-23!

I’m not sure what the club can do. The players are refusing to sign new contracts (for a while now it would appear) and we’re not willing to break our wage structure. We’re haemorrhaging money so it’s understandable that a structure is in place. If the players are demanding huge salaries then the club are in an impossible position.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I just read some of the comments on this article, the happy clappers are full of Mogadon love on this. Irrespective that the first team already threadbare will be further decimated: Agents are the devil, great to see Tony's open and honest blah, blah, blah.

Why do I read this? I must have some some kind of disorder that needs to punish me aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh.

• Like 3

I reckon they’ll get Lenihan and a couple more done. Worry most about Nyambe and Rothwell. I’m pretty sure we’d get some compensation for Nyambe but I’d be looking to sell Rothwell. He ran his contract down at Oxford too…that’s the way he makes his money.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I reckon they’ll get Lenihan and a couple more done. Worry most about Nyambe and Rothwell. I’m pretty sure we’d get some compensation for Nyambe but I’d be looking to sell Rothwell. He ran his contract down at Oxford too…that’s the way he makes his money.

Brereton is the one to worry about. You cannot let that level of investment leave for nothing.

• Like 3

Would the owners way over in India really have a grasp about brexit or what it may or may not throw up ?

Or was it just another set of sales pitches by the Coventrio to extend their journey when asked why we weren't going anywhere. Another excuse to get a few more pals on board and keep the likes of Smallwood sat in a back office 'advizing' whilst his contract ran down.

These lot are so full of it and now we are on another set of new excuses whilst they oversee the downgrade. I don't recall the 'Tony's rebuilding with youth' mantra Mowbrays disciples trot out including cashing in on the established one's already.

Great way to go about it, no money to pay them but how much has he blown on loans and is set to again over the last couple of years ?

Money straight down the pan !

Of those out of contract, Magloire not good enough and can go. We have a ready made (and better) replacement for Davenport in Garrett, and the jury is still out on Chapman (though would like to see him play tomorrow with Gally down the middle) 

Of the others think and hope  the rest may get done apart from Nyambe and Rothwell

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Think we can forget about Nyambe and Rothwell signing. I'd sell the latter if the opportunity arose. Not sure we have adequate cover for Nyambe or I'd sell him too. In defence of Rothwell running his contract down, I believe we tried to sign him in a previous window but Oxford didn't accept the bid, so he ran down his last few months. May be wrong on that though. 

When signing a 19 year old Brereton for £7m who had to mature, it would be criminal not to protect the investment by extending his contract. Breaking the pay structure for Armstrong would have been with a view to sell (for more), so I can see the logic behind that. I asked Sharpe if Lenihan had a 12 month option inserted in his contract and he said no, but I'm not totallt sure that's the case for Breo? Nyambe we alrady extended I believe.

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

What sort of wage structure involves having wages at 190% of turnover?

The huge wages to turnover issue has happened under the watch of Mowbray and Waggott so for him to use that as an excuse for another failure is just not acceptable but some of the gullible will buy his nonsense. Using rough calculations I reckon it's around £40m.

• Like 3