BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

On 24/07/2021 at 20:37, tomphil said:

Problem is kids in general don't play footie like they used to so if these lot weren't there how do we get them playing.  Outside of school etc especially, looks like it's a necessary evil these days.

I'll forget that comment.  There's loads of football everywhere. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15683242/watford-adam-armstrong-blackburn-premier-league/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Same story as last week. The Armstrong saga could do with concluding sooner rather than later but its no excuse not to use the free agent market in particular. This squad without Armstrong is a relegation one quite possibly.

As if a 30k a week conribution for Gray is realistic.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 20:48, DeeZee said:

Rangers central defender George Edmundson has agreed a 3 year deal with an unnamed club, doubt it will be us but I always though he was fairly impressive anytime I saw him play for Rangers, he would be an instant upgrade on Ayala since he isn't made of glass

Most likely Derby County.

On 24/07/2021 at 20:33, Sparks Rover said:

There's no logic to you, it's not your money.

If it was my 40k per week paying for a load of spoilt 7 and 8 year olds poncing about in my tracksuits for no reason whatsoever I'd scrap it. Complete waste of time.

If you owned the club, 40,000 for youth teams would be the least of your issues, but you do seem to focus on bizzare stuff, so there's that. 

You also don't rate Dack and think Mols is the next Messi, so really, you probably should be kept far, far away from developing youngsters 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 21:22, Bigdoggsteel said:

If you owned the club, 40,000 for youth teams would be the least of your issues, but you do seem to focus on bizzare stuff, so there's that. 

You also don't rate Dack and think Mols is the next Messi, so really, you probably should be kept far, far away from developing youngsters 

I think that's what is happening though...by stealth...they are downgrading or trying to.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 22:20, roversfan99 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15683242/watford-adam-armstrong-blackburn-premier-league/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Same story as last week. The Armstrong saga could do with concluding sooner rather than later but its no excuse not to use the free agent market in particular. This squad without Armstrong is a relegation one quite possibly.

As if a 30k a week conribution for Gray is realistic.

£15m they're having a laugh. Desperate would mean forking out the full £25m asking price. I'd take Obafemi if he's offered permanently. 

On 24/07/2021 at 21:22, blondie said:

Most likely Derby County.

It can't be Derby as they can only sign out of contract players on a 1 year deal or a 6 month loan due to the conditions their embargo.

On 24/07/2021 at 21:32, Torgeir said:

£15m they're having a laugh. Desperate would mean forking out the full £25m asking price. I'd take Obafemi if he's offered permanently. 

Are they having a laugh with a 15 million offer?

He has one year left on his contract,and the fact Is he has been performing at a high level for only 18 months and not tested or proven in the Premier League.

I know Ollie Watkins left the previous summer for 28 million but he was under contract for longer and he was and is a better all round player than Armstrong.

Not over reacting to the result today  as  such but we seemed to be trying to play the same way as last season that had us finishing bottom half with a worse squad than last year .

Armstrong will not score 28 goals or anything like those numbers if he is to stay with us this year, absolutely no chance imo, plus in my opinion a player in their last year intent on moving on just won't give the same effort and will most likely have a move sorted way before the current season ends.

If true that we need to bring money in before we can sign players then we need to start being realistic with a fee for Armstrong.

Not that this would happen in a million years but say clear 10 million for Armstrong then use some of that money to sack off Mowbray and the rest and bring in competent people.Even if we only have to use the loan market and just do enough to stay in this league until the rules allow more investment on the field,we can use the year to clean up some of the mess left behind.

Either way if no new deal for Armstrong,then he has to be sold and nobody will go as high as 25 million for him players included in deals or not.

• Like 7

I have a hunch that things will happen this week for a lot of hold out clubs including ourselves. We cant spend until we sell. I think Armstrong will go to Southampton for add ons and we will rely on Diaz and our Sam as strikers. We will fill midfield with loaners and maybe buy a defender. 
There i said it. It may even kick off around the page I predicted  🤔

• Like 1

I agree that that things will come to a head this week on Armstrong. 
If they are up too 15m range plus player I don’t think it will take much more. 

16m plus Obafemi is a sound deal if thats close. Would need to be 20m and Gray on loan if it’s Watford.

Gives us enough cash to get a few loans in and maybe a real CB, no way Ayala js the answer.

• Like 1

There should be no reason or excuse even surrounding Armstrong in regards to freeing up funds for other positions, assuming that it is accepted that those signings need to be free transfers and loanees. We have cut a huge chunk from the wage bill, with senior players such as Holtby, Mulgrew, Evans, Bennett, Downing and Bell all released, as well as Douglas leaving. Even if we brought in 2 or 3 freebies and 2 or 3 loanees we could do so at a fraction of the amount that we have saved.

The Armstrong deal could then be independent to that, we could have a list of replacements should he leave with the profit surplus helping the costs, a chunk ideally saved for the future but ensuring that the whole summer window is not waiting for that one sale as otherwise we are in an increibly weak position. Sadly we arent run like an efficient club, hence the unnecessary embargo, random turning off of the taps, incompetent manager and idiotic CEO all still very much present.

I think that the Armstrong sale will either go until the last week of the window, leaving no chance for a replacement with people lapping up how the likes of Brereton, Gallagher and the kids can fill the void, or indeed we keep him and let him go for free out of stubbornness/stupidity.

On 25/07/2021 at 09:20, neophox said:

Available freebies.. Realistic targets. 

Jack Wilshere, Adam Reach, Andy Carroll, Conor Wickham, Marco Stiepermann, Jeffrey Bruma, Yuri Ribeiro, Egzan Alioski, Tom Lees, 

How big is our treatment room?

• Like 8

Seems as predicted this is following the Rhodes path and sooner or later the player himself will get fed up.

Owners want 25 mill, he's worth 25 mill to us as it stands but not to anybody else with only 12 months left. We won't get 25 mill or anywhere near that, owners don't need money though. The club however really does.

Another great dilemma people paid a great deal of money to avoid have dropped everyone in. The guy should be 12 months into a new deal by now, one with a price trigger of around 20 mill to keep everyone happy.

Undisclosed fee of around 12 million incoming or a half arsed player seeing his deal out !!!!

• Like 2

On 25/07/2021 at 09:20, neophox said:

Available freebies.. Realistic targets. 

Jack Wilshere, Adam Reach, Andy Carroll, Conor Wickham, Marco Stiepermann, Jeffrey Bruma, Yuri Ribeiro, Egzan Alioski, Tom Lees, 

I’ve said this before to you, but Alioski, at 29 and coming off the back of a decent season in the PL, is absolutely not a realistic target.

Less than two weeks to go and zero, zilch, nothing in terms of new signings. I said it before and will say again that I really don't expect anybody of consequence in before August 7th. The modus operandi of Venkys will be picking up scraps, desperados and kids from PL clubs who will add to the numbers rather than improve the quality. 

Without trying to sound melodramatic I really fear for the future of our club in its current guise. 

• Like 7

Well after a couple of weeks observing from afar I have finally acknowledged my ban(bit like after the horse has bolted mind you given I said I would be taking myself out for a period of time. I also stand by everything I said that led to it but I'll leave it there). Anyway, it strikes me as incredibly odd that we would appoint a head of recruitment but not sign anyone, even for Rovers that's frankly bizarre. But then again, is it Tony at work looking after after his jobless mates and giving them a payday. I can't fathom, if true, turning down £15m for Arma. Its either stupid or someone is digging their heels in and playing a brave game expecting the other party to blink first. I don't fancy our chances.