BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

On 26/07/2021 at 08:48, Ricky said:

Tom Carroll may be available on a free which seems an odd one. He only signed for QPR last year but was named in Derby’s team playing Salford on Saturday. If he’s available we should be having a look.

He is a decent player but another one who is riddled with injuries.We already have too many who spend a considerable amount of time on the treatment table 

On 26/07/2021 at 00:51, TheRoversReturn said:

Is it true that they "put their hand in their pockets"? Or do they just add it as debt to BRFC, hence why it remains as debt on the club? Does it actually come from them, or in forms of loans from the bank?

Not sure they're checking for loose change down the back of the sofa, like...

With it all being back in India anything could be going on. The last accounts show the BOI making quite a lot per year in interest from Rovers.

So they'll be happy.

If the whole funding was borrowed though there'd have to have been regular sales to keep it going you'd have thought.  That land it was alleged they secured it all against must cover half of India !

On 25/07/2021 at 12:15, islander200 said:

Not sure if mentioned, Nixon reporting that West Brom have an interest in Reach

So West Brom definitely don't have an interest in Reach then?

On 25/07/2021 at 18:29, Oldgregg86 said:

I think it’s a big season for rothwell. Time to shine and show us what he’s really capable of

I can give you the answer to this right now. Shite all.

Not entirely his fault may I add, a lot to do with TM. But he's also massively overrated just because he can run 100m in a somewhat decent time.

On 26/07/2021 at 09:38, Paul Mellelieu said:

I see that Brexit is mentioned as an additional reason for investing in the academy.

Yet these numpties seemingly wanted to sell half of it off and cram the same thing into half the space!

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

Banishing cheap European imports just filling gaps, not always a bad thing.

Creating more gaps and not being able to fill them whilst driving up the price of substandard domestic stuff.  Not a good thing.

On 26/07/2021 at 16:47, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet these numpties seemingly wanted to sell half of it off and cram the same thing into half the space!

No reason to think the Coventrio have given up on that idea for good, they even have a new mate in as head of recruitment, will he be big on retaining the academy?!? 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 11:25, TheRoversReturn said:

I tell you what...it's a good job we got this John Park as Head of Recruitment fella in or we wouldn't have any signings to celebrate so far*!

* - Wait, hang on a minute...😐 🤨😄

Is John Park his name or an instruction?

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 09:50, Wheelton Blue said:

Apart from Annesley, have we recently had any non-domestic players coming through the academy?

Also had Chanka Zimba and Enzo Boyomo, the latter who turned us down and now plays in either Sirie A or La Liga (can't remember).

Then we have Pike, Burns, Brennan, Durrant, Harlock and Garrett who are all from Liverpool, so may as well be classified as non-domestic 🤣

When asked about transfers, CEO Waggott said the appointment of John Park as head of recruitment would ‘assist in the process of acquiring new players’. He added the club were ‘quietly preparing their searches’ but had found themselves battling for other clubs for their targets.

Well I never, having to battle other clubs for transfers. Who would have thought it? 

@roversfan99You mentioned yesterday that the embargo is somewhat of a valid excuse for Mowbray, however it has been lifted since July 7th, 20 days ago and we still haven't signed anyone. Surely we should have had some stuff ready to move on? The recruitment seems to be gone really dysfunctional to me. Including the snails pace a new head of recruitment was appointed.  The manager operates at a snails pace, I can imagine him saying he is going on holidays before he has a chance to interview candidates for that role and Waggot been like "ya , of course. So am I"

The club is really extremely amateur when it comes to how things are being done. It's not looking good. 

• Like 1

Its seemingly obvious that we're going to be relying heavily on loans from Premier League clubs, like last season in a lot of respects.

Doyle, Clarkson and others linked from City/Liverpool respectively, yet we know that due to preseason squads being decimated by the Copa America, Euros and Olympics that these signings are all likely to be late in the window or even deadline day itself.

Brace yourself for another 50+ pages before a signing I'd imagine.

Maybe a link with Leeds also after tomorrow's friendly and the Barry Douglas link last season? 

On 26/07/2021 at 12:55, Bigdoggsteel said:

..... John Park as head of recruitment would ‘assist in the process of acquiring new players’. He added the club were ‘quietly preparing their searches’ but had found themselves battling for other clubs for their targets.

Well I never, having to battle other clubs for transfers. Who would have thought it? 

@roversfan99

Incognito mode on Chrome perhaps 😈🤣😉

Edited by Roverthechimp
  • Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 19:09, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'd say the club probably still use Windows 97. Mowbray on internet explorer. Possibly over dial up. 

Would certainly explain why the person on the other thread couldn't get through to the ticket office on the phone. cut backs - Can't afford to replace the phone  splitter  :)

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 11:55, Bigdoggsteel said:

When asked about transfers, CEO Waggott said the appointment of John Park as head of recruitment would ‘assist in the process of acquiring new players’. He added the club were ‘quietly preparing their searches’ but had found themselves battling for other clubs for their targets.

@roversfan99You mentioned yesterday that the embargo is somewhat of a valid excuse for Mowbray, however it has been lifted since July 7th, 20 days ago and we still haven't signed anyone. Surely we should have had some stuff ready to move on? The recruitment seems to be gone really dysfunctional to me. Including the snails pace a new head of recruitment was appointed.  The manager operates at a snails pace, I can imagine him saying he is going on holidays before he has a chance to interview candidates for that role and Waggot been like "ya , of course. So am I"

The club is really extremely amateur when it comes to how things are being done. It's not looking good. 

My defence was more to the initial point that you made that you are "actually of the belief that our current plight is purely down to the manager. The owners backed him and gave him time, he spoke of "journeys", yet here we are with 11 players gone, no clear direction on our style of play and no signings in. They backed another clown, unfortunately." Venkys are the common denominator, and I felt like the above comment made them seem somewhat unfortunate.

Recruitment has always been at a snails pace every summer under Venkys ownership, all but in the last 2 summers, they insist on the manager flying over a week after the season has ended, cup in hand, unaware of how much they will have to spend, making planning for the season after very difficult even if our fate (mediocrity) is secured with weeks to spare. This summer has seen a second transfer embargo, no matter how you look at it, that is not the fault of the manager but down to negligence and incompetence above his head. That could have caused better free agents to be snapped up with us unable to offer any security over a potential contract. I did agree that we have had 3 weeks since to get his arse into gear since, so I don't excuse that, but the main reason this summer has to be the embargo. I am also not convinced that interviewing the head of recruitment is Mowbrays specific responsibility, he undoubtedly may play a part, but the search has been for a long time and he hasnt been on holiday during that time, plus we was told that targets had been identified prior to Harveys departure.

Mowbray does have plenty of deserved criticism for his recruitment, many poor signings and/or signings that are totally odds with his flawed style of play. And I do think he should have really got someone in by now, but I feel that it is only right to put the blame mainly at Venkys door for a second embargo in 5 or 6 years.

On 25/07/2021 at 03:33, Sparks Rover said:

There's no logic to you, it's not your money.

If it was my 40k per week paying for a load of spoilt 7 and 8 year olds poncing about in my tracksuits for no reason whatsoever I'd scrap it. Complete waste of time.

Jeesus, and your a scout? Spoilt kids?