BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Tommy Doyle is a very competent player. However, I just cannot comprehend why we'd bring in another central midfielder?

Clarkson, Buckley, Travis, Rothwell, Davenport, Johnson, Dack... do we really need Doyle too?

4 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

According to Imps fans on a messageboard, Tayo Edun is in the last year of his contract at Lincoln City and is one of their better players. Apparently, he's an attack minded left back whose weakness is the defensive side of his game - though, it has improved.

I'm surprised about this signing to spend this much money on two left backs, if it goes through. It reminds me of us spending money on goalies, Pears and Stergiakis, whilst bringing in loans and veteran freebies for more crucial areas. Sure, we need another left back, but the allocation of resources doesn't seem proportionate to the need - unless Mowbray is acknowledging that Pickering isn't performing to what he wants.

Good point I have noticed this in his tenure. You could even say going back to Gally or Bereton the needs were for defensive reinforcements yet all the money went on one position. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

😉Sky saying deals done for Khadra & Edun:

image.png.55071756da510519eeb7209c0ca708f6.png

Edit: Just pipped me there Joe, must've been the additional I took time to screenshot it! 😉

You win for the supporting material 😉 

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

So the irrational excitement I had this morning thinking it could be Obafemi, Roberts and Ntcham has well and truly evaporated.

Khadra and Edun, with 2 underage loans to follow.

Whoopdi-fucking-do.

That would have been a serious statement, for sure. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

That would have been a serious statement, for sure. 

Kamisnki

Nyambe - Lenihan - Ayala - Pickering

Travis - Ntcham 

Roberts           - (Dack) -            Brereton

Obafemi

Squad: Rothwell, Poveda, Buckley, Gallagher, Clarkson, Davenport, Johnson, van Hecke, Carter, Magloire, JRC, Butterworth, Wharton, Dolan, Chapman, Edun, Khadra, Pike, Pears/Eastham, Loan#5.

Like I said - irrational excitement.

But that's a highly bloated squad of 30 players (even after outgoing loans), be smarter to load up on kid loans and leave the Roberts' and Ntcham's to the "big clubs". 🤪

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Tommy Doyle is a very competent player. However, I just cannot comprehend why we'd bring in another central midfielder?

Clarkson, Buckley, Travis, Rothwell, Davenport, Johnson, Dack... do we really need Doyle too?

I'd prefer Doyle as our Striker option ahead of those we have been linked with. Looks like the lad can do the lot. 

15 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Thing is BDS my standards for a football manager are much higher than them being better than me. Same with doctors, vets, pilots to name a few other professions. All miles better than me at their roles but I still expect them to have a degree of competence way beyond my meagre abilities in these areas! 

Yeah but in all other areas we are happy for professionals to operate at the high levels of their field without questioning every judgement and suggesting that they don’t know what they are doing. Have you ever called your vet “Mogadick”? What about complaining about a pilot’s lack of charisma? There aren’t any message boards where people complain about how a surgeon tried to perform a heart bypass and stating that they’re missing obvious points of improvement.

TM is a professional manager, not as good as some coaches for sure, but with decades of experience behind him it is hard to listen to armchair experts on here banging on about how they can see what he can’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions, I’m ready for TM to leave now as well, but it frustrates and depresses me to constantly read the same old crap in here day after day. 

As BDS stated, TM has a level of expertise in coaching professional footballers that is beyond the comprehension of probably anybody who contributes here. Your comparison with vets, doctors and pilots is an apt one, so if you respect the above professions for their expertise and knowledge then why can’t you see how embarrassing it is to think that you could do better then TM, or let yourself down by slinging childish insults around. 

The above is not all aimed at you btw, just my observations on those who post the same inane, tired old cliches and personal attacks on a daily basis!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So the irrational excitement I had this morning thinking it could be Obafemi, Roberts and Ntcham has well and truly evaporated.

Khadra and Edun, with 2 underage loans to follow.

Whoopdi-fucking-do.

That was ambitious for a club that can't pay decent wages. 

It's the next (hopefully 2 signings) that make or break this window.  

Decent permanent striker and hopefully the last loan spot goes to a big talent from one of the big boys.  

If the last loan ends up being a striker then it has  been a poor do.

Lots of Mowbray talk, but I genuinely believe the following…

90% of this forum would do a better job than Waggott.

Every single member would be a better owner than Venky’s if they had the same resources.

Anyway, back to transfers.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Yeah but in all other areas we are happy for professionals to operate at the high levels of their field without questioning every judgement and suggesting that they don’t know what they are doing. Have you ever called your vet “Mogadick”? What about complaining about a pilot’s lack of charisma? There aren’t any message boards where people complain about how a surgeon tried to perform a heart bypass and stating that they’re missing obvious points of improvement.

TM is a professional manager, not as good as some coaches for sure, but with decades of experience behind him it is hard to listen to armchair experts on here banging on about how they can see what he can’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions, I’m ready for TM to leave now as well, but it frustrates and depresses me to constantly read the same old crap in here day after day. 

As BDS stated, TM has a level of expertise in coaching professional footballers that is beyond the comprehension of probably anybody who contributes here. Your comparison with vets, doctors and pilots is an apt one, so if you respect the above professions for their expertise and knowledge then why can’t you see how embarrassing it is to think that you could do better then TM, or let yourself down by slinging childish insults around. 

The above is not all aimed at you btw, just my observations on those who post the same inane, tired old cliches and personal attacks on a daily basis!

The big difference is, for me anyway, I've never tried to fly a passenger aircraft, nor have I carried out an operation on an oragutan, what I have done is played football for many years, coached a bit and watched absolutely tons. This in itself isn't a professional qualification, but it does give some understanding of the game. for instance I know Sam Gallagher is neither a winger or a RB and never will be as long as I have a hole in my arse. This amongst various other peculiarities in players/positions/contracts etc. seem to elude TM, or he is just so full of himself that he ignores it. 2 wins from 17 last season should have woken the dozy twat out of his comfort zone, clearly it didn't.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Or probably not

Some of you massively over play your ability to identify players. Here's another shock, Tony Mowbray is a better football manager than you. I hope you were sitting down for that one. 

harold Shipman was a better doctor than you but you wouldn't want him checking your prostate. 

(I'm obviously exaggerating a tad) 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

a coup? based a what? 6 goals in 40 first team appearances. 

and you know what is going on behind the scenes then? 

Already gave you the answer about the players Ive have suggested. How many times do I know to say it?

was never coming here. his wages are 60k a week

Based on his ability as a footballer. 

I never claimed to know, unlike you who constantly makes out you have some inside track or telapathy to know the inner workings. As was shown with your flip flopping over the recruitment department, you haven't a Scoobie doo. 

The players you suggested are hypothetical and as such,pretty pointless when it comes to discussing them. Particularly as you know little about them yourself. I prefer to deal in the reality of who we might actually sign.