BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Couldn't get their striker over the line was the point, with a little tongue in cheek.  Shame you didn't spot that.

Y'know I totally thought you were serious in defending the club. Apologies. 

Yeah not all deals do get over the line - for all clubs. But it is amazing how often it happens to us. 

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

Edun is a clever signing, gives us cover in a number of positions aswell as giving us more flexibility with a 3 at the back formation, which is something I would like to see us properly commit to this season.

Have we not been through this.  You need 3 ball playing quick centre halves for a 3 and we do t have any.  Lenihan has no technical ability, Ayala would get isolated and roasted and I just don't see us having the players for this.  Forcing it will only end in tears.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Mowbray was offered Simeon Nwankwo (Simy) for 800k Euros in May, from Serie A relegated side Salernitana.

He is a 6'6" Nigerian centre forward, who was only a couple of goals behind Lukaku in goals scored in last seasons Serie A, playing in a team almost relegated at Christmas!

The only downside to 'the gurning one', was that he is 29 years old! 

Not like we could have done with him or owt!.......go figure!

Who did sign him?

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't buy this stuff that Nyambe was treated badly. He starts the vast majority of games he is fit and he does have things he needs to work on. The players just realise they could get better deals elsewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if Nyambe, Lenihan and Brereton all sign new deals eventually 

Strongly disagree on Nayambe for a variety of reasons, although I feel this is better discussed in another thread. 

Yeah am sure they are looking to see if they could get better deals, which leads me to ask: do you think they can get that elsewhere or a best deal at Rovers? My fear is they can get better elaewhere which is why I think at least one of the three if not more won't be re-signing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I don't see it as bad, we need cover/competition there.

Just a bit odd we are spending our limited funds on a backup left back, when we need a striker.

I suppose we just need to judge when it's over and we don't actually know the budget. 

It's great to have 2 permanent left backs with potential for growth. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Strongly disagree on Nayambe for a variety of reasons, although I feel this is better discussed in another thread. 

Yeah am sure they are looking to see if they could get better deals, which leads me to ask: do you think they can get that elsewhere or a best deal at Rovers? My fear is they can get better elaewhere which is why I think at least one of the three if not more won't be re-signing. 

Nah, I think the Nyambe thing is one of those narratives that just becomes gospel, without it being true. Like that Mowbray favours 3 at the back, when in reality we have started maybe 3 games max with that as the formation, in 5 years. 

I suppose it makes no difference to the players whether they sign now or in January, so they are weighing up their options. It happens at most clubs these days. Not great, but what can you do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nah, I think the Nyambe thing is one of those narratives that just becomes gospel, without it being true. Like that Mowbray favours 3 at the back, when in reality we have started maybe 3 games max with that as the formation, in 5 years. 

I suppose it makes no difference to the players whether they sign now or in January, so they are weighing up their options. It happens at most clubs these days. Not great, but what can you do. 

We could offer good terms to them before they get in the last year of their deal! 

Sure they might not sign then but a) they may well do securing an asset and b) if they don't you have plenty of time to adjust. 

I'll be honest, I'm a lot less relaxed than you that they will re-sign with us. 

23 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Mowbray was offered Simeon Nwankwo (Simy) for 800k Euros in May, from Serie A relegated side Salernitana.

He is a 6'6" Nigerian centre forward, who was only a couple of goals behind Lukaku in goals scored in last seasons Serie A, playing in a team almost relegated at Christmas!

Calling bullshit on that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think there are games you can point to where Nyambe should have played and didn't over the last few years, but I agree that it's been well overdone in the face of the evidence.

He is a 23 year old who has played almost 130 games over the last four years, and that's with considerable time out injured and hamstrings which at times have needed managing. That is not a sign of a player being left out too much in my view. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not happy.  Just what I expect.  I'll happily eat my words if we do sign a permanent striker. 

Our transfer recruitment has been unorganised for years.  

We have to sign a permanent striker and if Sharpe is right we have move we have to bring in quality striker now. 

I would say the 3 Seasons recruitment plan/strategy doesn't fit how Mowbray wants to play. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said earlier in the window it didn't matter there was no head of recruitment in place as the previous guy had identified targets. Now you're saying there was an interim person in place. You're tying yourself in knots(as usual) and that's why people struggle to take what you say seriously at times. You're constantly flip flopping and moving the goalposts when it suits the point you're trying to make..

Blah blah blah. 

We only found out that Glyn Chamberlain did the interim head of recruitment role after he left. 

I don't care what you think Bigdoggsteel but instead of keep banging on over the same BORING POINT still. 

What flip flopping? I'm talking transfers and potential targets. Are you? 

Also said I wouldn't sign Obafemi at all. We wasted enough time on him. No flip flopping there. 🤔

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Really struggling to understand why we made the effort to resign Chapman, he's shown a bit of promise, and instead we're bringing in a Brighton winger who's injured and has barely any experience. Then again I rarely understand decisions this club makes

You and me both, sounds about right for Mowbray and his clueless chums

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Nobody, he's gone back to his parent club. Was on loan...

He's only just signed for Salernitana on loan with, according to transfermarkt, obligation to buy. Had been at Crotone for years before that.

Either way, I don't see how a bottom half Championship team would have been offered somebody who banged in 20 goals for a relegated Serie A side for less than £700k. And if so, to then turn it down.

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm another who doesn't want Butterworth frozen out. Should be eating out for weeks on the strength of that sublime reverse pass.

Same old story. 

Loaning butterworth out till Xmas would be ideal really. 

The lads missed so much football, he's better off having a consistent 15 starts somewhere else. He'd only get the odd cameo off the bench here.

The lads shown he's got something but his cameos have been very hit and miss. Needs to find some consistency on loan

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

If that's true, we surely should have been all over that.

• Like 2