BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

57 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I don't see it as bad, we need cover/competition there.

Just a bit odd we are spending our limited funds on a backup left back, when we need a striker.

Because it's all about opinions. You think we need a striker, I don't. You don't think we need another left-back, I do.

17 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Pep v Mogadon hmmmmmmmmmm, tough, tough decision

All I’m pointing out is that charisma has nothing to do with being a decent manager. Dalglish went out of his way to make life as difficult as he could with the media. If you want to criticise Mowbray fine, make it relevant though

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, unbelievable. Who would have thought that with no head of recruitment for 5 months,knowing Armstrong would leave ,we are here on deadline day. Such a shock....

Been this way all through ToMo's tenure has is not?

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blah blah blah. 

We only found out that Glyn Chamberlain did the interim head of recruitment role after he left. 

I don't care what you think Bigdoggsteel but instead of keep banging on over the same BORING POINT still. 

What flip flopping? I'm talking transfers and potential targets. Are you? 

Also said I wouldn't sign Obafemi at all. We wasted enough time on him. No flip flopping there. 🤔

Bigdog does have a point though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

Honestly Pickering gets far too much critism on this board. He’s 22, just made the step up to championship for the first and has done alright. Defensively there is clearly room for improvement, but his alround play is miles ahead of Douglas or bell. He already has 2 assists this season.

Edun is a clever signing, gives us cover in a number of positions aswell as giving us more flexibility with a 3 at the back formation, which is something I would like to see us properly commit to this season.

I thought Pickering did well against Boro.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because it's all about opinions. You think we need a striker, I don't. You don't think we need another left-back, I do.

Tbf though...that's a really weird opinion to have right now. That a backup LB is more important than trying to replace the 28 goal void. Each to their own obviously, but...wow.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blah blah blah. 

We only found out that Glyn Chamberlain did the interim head of recruitment role after he left. 

I don't care what you think Bigdoggsteel but instead of keep banging on over the same BORING POINT still. 

What flip flopping? I'm talking transfers and potential targets. Are you? 

Also said I wouldn't sign Obafemi at all. We wasted enough time on him. No flip flopping there. 🤔

Ya, we know that, you don't have to update us with your status on that deal every 10 minutes

You have no idea whats going on behind the scenes with deals and the recruitment set up. You can't even explain why players you randomly said we should sign , would actually be good signings

Obafemi would be a coup for us and it seems most realise that. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Tbf though...that's a really weird opinion to have right now. That a backup LB is more important than trying to replace the 28 goal void. Each to their own obviously, but...wow.

We will see at the end of the season.

31 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

All I’m pointing out is that charisma has nothing to do with being a decent manager. Dalglish went out of his way to make life as difficult as he could with the media. If you want to criticise Mowbray fine, make it relevant though

Pep and King Kenny have many redeeming features despite their lack of love for the media, Mowbray has none.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Is this kind of thing really needed?

When your manager has outstayed his welcome by a measure of years, perhaps yes. If some fans feel the need to vent their frustrations with some 'naughty' words, so be it.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Signing someone for 1 million doesn't automatically mean they will be twice as good as someone signed for 500,000......

All good teams have 2 players competing for each position. I see no issue with the deals 

Spending £ 5 or 6 million on a striker doesn’t mean we’re going to get one either as past experience as proven. Give me the resources our scouting team has at their disposal and for £1 million I’d find us a better left back than either of the two lads in question.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Spending £ 5 or 6 million on a striker doesn’t mean we’re going to get one either as past experience as proven. Give me the resources our scouting team has at their disposal and for £1 million I’d find us a better left back than either of the two lads in question.

I presume you have never seen the guy we are about to sign play, so not sure how you can claim you would find better! 

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

JFHC.

Dalglish only had to walk into a room back in the day and it lit up.

Mowbray has neither charisma nor is he a decent manager.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I presume you have never seen the guy we are about to sign play, so not sure how you can claim you would find better! 

Christ, someone with the latest FM could probably out do TM scouting wise.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Don't usually promote stuff in here but we're doing a live deadline day show, completely Rovers orientated, from 8:30pm tonight. We'll have Jaquob Crooke, Rich Sharpe, @Herbie6590 & a few more live on the air as the deadline day clock counts down. Hopefully get an exclusive or two from the reporters. Feel free to join us later 

Looking forward to viewing & participating 👍🏻

• Like 3