BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

Yes, as JH points out, we are one of only 4 Clubs not to have released any season ticket details.

Doesn't really need emphasising but yet again begs the question of what Waggott actually does to justify his £300k p.a.

Edit: Just think the owners could have had the place buzzing by sacking the Coventrio within a couple of weeks of the season ending, putting in an innovative managerial appointment and reducing season tickets back to 2019/20 levels.

Instead we're one of only 4 Clubs who haven't released details, yet despite that there's barely any sense of anticipation as the season is bound to be another disaster if Mowbray's still here and the only variable will be in wondering how much Waggott is going to put up prices this time round. 

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 6

personally it’s a complete and utter disgrace. I emailed SW 4 weeks ago and he hasn’t replied despite acknowledgement from the secretary and a previous response by him or someone!

To now be mid June almost without a shred of communication from the club is bad enough and is something that the club has failed on big time over the years. There is nothing to whet the appetite of supporters.

Season ticket news, kits, and everything else is as bad off the park as it is on it🤬🤬

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It said in the FF end of May early June, on that score Chaddy it’s late June. Common denominator being LATE!

The shit show continues🤬

I agree that an announcement should have been made by now. Simple as. 

I'm ready to get back to watching live football inside a stadium again

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its looks like we will have season ticket announcement within the next week or so. Source is the LT

I expect a kit unveiling in the first week in July when our deal with Macron starts

Do you think this way of operating is remotely good enough for a club at this level?

We are already joint last to announce prices. This happens every year, covid or no covid. 

Only a couple of weeks ago Waggott said they would be announced in 'late May' or 'early June'. He's now missed both of those dates, and the latest is it 'looks like' we will have an 'announcement' within the next 'week or so'.

Not only is this incredibly vague and poor - how difficult is it to fix a date and keep to it?

But also interesting is the date here. Plenty of people have been making excuses for the club - saying they would be stupid to get them on sale before 21st June knowing what the restrictions are going to be, but if they are announced/released next week then this shows that the reason for the delay hasn't been anything to do with restrictions or waiting to see what happens. 

The arrogance of these people just assuming they can rely on loyal supporters to turn up whenever they are ready with their money. Think they are in for a nasty shock.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Do you think this way of operating is remotely good enough for a club at this level?

We are already joint last to announce prices. This happens every year, covid or no covid. 

Only a couple of weeks ago Waggott said they would be announced in 'late May' or 'early June'. He's now missed both of those dates, and the latest is it 'looks like' we will have an 'announcement' within the next 'week or so'.

Not only is this incredibly vague and poor - how difficult is it to fix a date and keep to it?

But also interesting is the date here. Plenty of people have been making excuses for the club - saying they would be stupid to get them on sale before 21st June knowing what the restrictions are going to be, but if they are announced/released next week then this shows that the reason for the delay hasn't been anything to do with restrictions or waiting to see what happens. 

The arrogance of these people just assuming they can rely on loyal supporters to turn up whenever they are ready with their money. Think they are in for a nasty shock.

Waggott, like his mate,Mowbray, is going through the motions.

With those two still in situ going into next season, I think it’s a case of expecting further decline. The only question is how steep the decline will be.

Everything is building up towards a major slump, both on and off the pitch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Currently no it's not good enough in how late we are in announcing Season tickets regardless of Covid. 

But after the last 16 months of not being able to watch live football inside a stadium I cannot wait to get back into Ewood Park again. After seeing so fans back at the cricket yesterday it gives me more hope we are getting back normality finally. 

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because, with Mowbray still as manager, I don't think going to Ewood will be an enjoyable experience. I think the football will be more robotic than live.

Like I said previously said I've looking back to supporting my Team Blackburn Rovers live inside Ewood Park again

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Because, with Mowbray still as manager, I don't think going to Ewood will be an enjoyable experience. I think the football will be more robotic than live.

I will go further and say that it's a disgrace that he wasn't sacked after making ridiculous comments towards the end of last season.

Mowbray and Waggott are laughing at the supporters, so there is no chance I am giving the club another penny under this regime.

• Like 4

On 10/06/2021 at 22:21, JHRover said:

On Monday the report is due on the use of covid passports in general society. It is expected that they will be used for sports events and concerts etc.

On Tuesday Boris will announce if the 21st unlocking is going ahead. It is expected to be delayed by a month. This in itself shouldn't matter as both dates are before the season starts.

Not sure why anybody is so bothered as it only takes 10 minutes to buy one so why does it matter if they go on sale in January or July ?

The idea that more may buy and boost numbers is nonsense at Rovers. 15000 have stopped going because of the owners.

More worrying is that anybody wants to buy one in the first place.

No Thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

On Monday the report is due on the use of covid passports in general society. It is expected that they will be used for sports events and concerts etc.

On Tuesday Boris will announce if the 21st unlocking is going ahead. It is expected to be delayed by a month. This in itself shouldn't matter as both dates are before the season starts.

Not sure why anybody is so bothered as it only takes 10 minutes to buy one so why does it matter if they go on sale in January or July ?

The idea that more may buy and boost numbers is nonsense at Rovers. 15000 have stopped going because of the owners.

No Thanks.

Whether you see the logic in anyone buying one or not, there are people who are waiting to buy one ready with their money. It shows how disorganised the club is considering how starved of income they will have been during the pandemic.

That is before you come onto the conversation of keeping fans in the loop.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

I know this is off topic, but is there any news on tickets for the pre-season friendlies ?

Waiting to see if fans are allowed. 25% at Mill Farm is 1500 so no room for away fans. Also how to manage the ticket sales and vaccine passports for away fans. Administration nightmare especially for small clubs in the National League. Waggott can't even fathom it out at Rovers.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

He seems to have disappeared from public view yet again since the training ground shambles.

Not answering the phone from the LT scribe.

He's on holiday until the middle of this week apparently, but wasn't really conspicuous before that either.

Would be nice if the reason was they were all getting the push.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

No Thanks.

Oh I agree, the product is garbage and the price keeps going up. I expect we are facing a slump of significant proportions whilst the status quo remains. No hope and no ambition will see to that.

Which makes it even more important that the club does everything it can to shift as many tickets as possible. We haven't got the cushion of a huge dormant fanbase who will sign up regardless and it looks like we've already decided that we aren't going to show any ambition or give fans something to believe in. 

As it stands we could have 20,000 people on Nuttall St with money in their wallets and the club couldn't take it.

Again I keep coming back to the fact that rival clubs get them on sale months before we do. They sell more than we do. That tells me they know better and sell early for a reason 

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He's on holiday until the middle of this week apparently, but wasn't really conspicuous before that either.

Would be nice if the reason was they were all getting the push.

Holiday camp to holiday resort.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

He seems to have disappeared from public view yet again since the training ground shambles.

Not answering the phone from the LT scribe.

Probably off somewhere flogging time shares for Le Brockhall luxury resort and health retreat , plan B 🙂

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

At normal organisations of this size and significance the place doesn't go dormant when the CEO is on his jollies.

Business continues 365 days per year.

Yet I get the distinct impression that unless Mowbray gets his conversion with India and returns from his hols and instructs everyone else then the whole thing just grinds to a halt and gathers dust.

Chip shop attitude and approach to a multi million pound business in one of the most competitive industries in the world.

• Like 3