BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

All cat A+ means is they think there will be thousands of away fans to fleece (hostage to fortune there with the ongoing Covid situation re away fans even being allowed).

And possibly home fans even being allowed...

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

All cat A+ means is they think there will be thousands of away fans to fleece (hostage to fortune there with the ongoing Covid situation re away fans even being allowed).

I get the business model behind it, I just don't see any teams in the league 21/22 season bringing that many outwith of Preston/Blackpool who I could see telling us to ram £36.

Count me out. I might have wavered on my anti Waggott and Mowbray position if the club had made an effort and tried to encourage people back by reducing prices (as nearly every other club has done)

But instead, after waiting weeks for news, we get more of the same. 

They've made their bed. Time to lie in it. 5000 sales would surprise me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cesus said:

I get the business model behind it, I just don't see any teams in the league 21/22 season bringing that many outwith of Preston/Blackpool who I could see telling us to ram £36.

Oh I agree.

As an example, Boro are seemingly Cat A+ because they brought 5/6000 a few years back when they were going for promotion, so the idiots down there presume they’ll be doing the same when they are sitting in 12th for a Tuesday night game in January.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

After last seasons pathetic showing by Mowbray and his  cohorts , you would have thought someone would have come up with a plan to entice fans back into the ground ...

Alas not , if you dont buy a season ticket , it is pointless exercise , match day prices are scandolous ..It is going to be a long struggle against relegation ...

I will wait and see to how many fixtures clash with work and holiday commitments . But i wont pay the walk on prices to watch a half arsed team led by a halfarsed manager , playing standstill football....

Waggott should hold his head in shame ..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

What planet is that dickhead on? My dad paid £20 to watch us beat Utd 4-3.

Chalk and cheese.

A game 10+ years ago, guaranteed to sellout 7k away fans at whatever price…!

I share some concern that the prices are +30 but what I’d call “fair” in 2006 is quite a bit different to now! Who’s fault that is, another issue entirely!

Season tickets prices are OK, but walk on prices are a bit steep. If/when I can travel and make it back to Ewood I would pay 36 quid for a ticket. But this is more of a novelty/special occasion. If I was living locally and didn't have a season ticket, I probably wouldn't pay that much for a ticket.

Maybe I've been spoilt by German prices. Should have a membership costing 20 per season (or 2 per month!?), which knocks off 10 per ticket. Membership gives additionally benefits eg 10% off food, drink, merchandise etc.

Edited by Hannoverover

Waggott always finds a way to scree someone over, seems that young adults are the primary sufferers this time.

Personally, my season ticket will be reasonably cheap due to last seasons discount although that was not something that Waggott could legally wriggle out of and not something that warrants credit.

Our minimum prices of season tickets compared to other Championship clubs do not compare particularly favourably. Waggott does not understand the fan base and the sooner he fucks off the better.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

This is a great point!! I miss the craic too…

Why don’t we set up a social within here? We meet up early in one of the pubs close to the ground and start a new thing…be a lot more relaxed in person and prob improve the message board too?

Watch this space…

• Like 3

£240 for a season ticket at QPR. 

£299 for a season ticket at Reading.

£235 for a season ticket at Barnsley.

£399 for a season ticket at Blackburn.

Go figure.

Oh and the price off for renewals isn't a 'discount' despite what they would have us believe. It is simply honouring their obligations on refunds for not allowing fans in last season.

• Like 2

IMO,  a joke of a pricing structure.

Not bought my usual season tickets for some time now and would not pay in excess of £2k to watch Mowbray's, IMO, rubbish.

Match day prices also, prohibitive.

Think if Rovers sell same number (2,500) as last season they will do well.  If Waggott had shown some initiative and offered every ticket half price, think at least 5,000 would have been sold - more numbers in ground spending money in club shop, bars etc, yet at least the same ticket revenue.

Even if I was contemplating buying season tickets, I would certainly wait until the club's accounts have been filed and also to know of where Rovers stand with the authorities re transfer embargo, ongoing sustainability etc.  

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

£240 for a season ticket at QPR. 

£299 for a season ticket at Reading.

£235 for a season ticket at Barnsley.

£399 for a season ticket at Blackburn.

Go figure.

Oh and the price off for renewals isn't a 'discount' despite what they would have us believe. It is simply honouring their obligations on refunds for not allowing fans in last season.

Though you’ll still read…

‘cheap as chips’, ‘still have some of the lowest prices in the league’ posts all over social media.

First one, well, value is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose. Second one, is just untrue these days, now we are actually top end.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

The whole narrative of a price freeze is misleading. When the prices were hiked last year only 2.5k renewed, many of which will be concessions.

The majority of existing season ticket holders didn’t bother - wise decision in the end as they wouldn’t have got to go all season. Those in the Riverside will now be expected to pay £399 as opposed to the £319 last time, if they want to renew.

• Like 5

Not a slight on any of the comments already given or defending the club for their pricing structure.

But as a business owner myself, its hard to quantify certain consumer expectations, whilst feeling the pennies going up elsewhere.

For example I spoke with a customer last week about a slight price increase and got a bit of a rant back, whilst on the same day, I paid £1.30 for a litre of petrol, £4.25 for a pint of Estrella at a pub, plus nearly £5.00 for a sandwich/drink at lunchtime.

All of which lasted me a combined 15 minutes!! 😂

Prices going up dramatically across the board, the COVID effects on this are only truly starting to surface now and will do forever more I'd have thought.

Renewed last year, so duty bound to again and with the 'discount' an easy choice.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Not a slight on any of the comments already given or defending the club for their pricing structure.

But as a business owner myself, its hard to quantify certain consumer expectations, whilst feeling the pennies going up elsewhere.

For example I spoke with a customer last week about a slight price increase and got a bit of a rant back, whilst on the same day, I paid £1.30 for a litre of petrol, £4.25 for a pint of Estrella at a pub, plus nearly £5.00 for a sandwich/drink at lunchtime.

Prices going up dramatically across the board, the COVID effects on this are only truly starting to surface now and will do forever more I'd have thought.

Renewed last year, so duty bound to again and with the 'discount' an easy choice.

Good post for some element of balance. When you factor in potential for further restrictions, notably on away support being allowed into the ground - It must be a scary prospect for clubs with 100%+ wages over turnover.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-season-tickets-cheapest-expensive-24279478

Id say most are similar to us, a few marginally cheaper and a couple above.

My point being most haven’t raised prices substantially since we were last allowed in grounds.

A braindead move, just like post Oxford.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

And whilst what you have said about general price increases is correct perversely it could be another reason for many not to renew. Covid has given many an opportunity to reset and review their outgoings which is one reason that I (forlornly) thought something radical might happen with regard to season ticket prices. The real losers here are Blackburn Rovers as I fear attendances will be at a 30+ year low.

But Waggott won't bat an eyelid at that.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

And whilst what you have said about general price increases is correct perversely it could be another reason for many not to renew. Covid has given many an opportunity to reset and review their outgoings which is one reason that I (forlornly) thought something radical might happen with regard to season ticket prices. The real losers here are Blackburn Rovers as I fear attendances will be at a 30+ year low.

But Waggott won't bat an eyelid at that.

Pushing 40 years, I’d say.