BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) 14/8/21

I've seen us play at the Old Den and New Den many times over the years and generally we've usually done quite well. They're not that strong at the moment either and if we lose badly it'll be an indication of where the season will be going

Millwall 2 Rovers 1

• Like 1

Millwall got a decent result away at QPR on Saturday, in what was a very open and attacking game by all accounts.

We surprised everyone by beating last years play off finalists at a canter, should have been more.

1-1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Millwall got a decent result away at QPR on Saturday, in what was a very open and attacking game by all accounts.

We surprised everyone by beating last years play off finalists at a canter, should have been more.

1-1

Then Swansea went and battered a play off team in midweek and we got gubbed by the Dog & Duck....3-0 Milwall.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Swansea won't be in the play offs this year going off last weekend. 

This is a big test for us. We always seem to struggle at Millwall, or am I imagining that? 

Last 8 meetings, Rovers have won 5 and only lost once with 2 draws. So we actually seem to fair pretty well.

The defeat was away last July and there's been 1 draw at home & one away.

Edited by windymiller7
Additional info, last paragraph

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Give him odds on Swansea making the playoffs. I might like action on that one. 

I'd give 4/9 , But nowhere have I said that I think Swansea will make the play-offs. My reply was to the statement that we struggle at Millwall.

Edited by rigger

16 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This is a big test for us. We always seem to struggle at Millwall, or am I imagining that? 

Millwall is a place we have rarely struggled at in fairness, going back donkeys years. Granted its a long time ago now but who will ever forget smacking 4 past them as they were crowned second division champions at Cold Blow Lane (the Old Den) and sneaking into the play offs?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

You're imagining that as others have said!

Therefore I'm optimistic about tomorrow but not the season.

Edited by 47er

18 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, you are imagining it, but there is a treatment (not vaccine) for it because it is a condition that a person is already suffering from

I've only seen us lose once at Millwall, and that was back in the early 1970s

I'm not optimistic about this weekend though

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yes, you are imagining it, but there is a treatment for it because it is a condition that a person is already suffering from

Was it Treatment or F Troop ? With the Rovers I am always optimistic, then comes the disappointment.

Edited by rigger

33 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yes, you are imagining it, but there is a treatment (not vaccine) for it because it is a condition that a person is already suffering from

Didn't they knock us out of the FA cup at the quarters one year? Like maybe 5-6 years ago? I think thats what I'm thinking of 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Didn't they knock us out of the FA cup at the quarters one year? Like maybe 5-6 years ago? I think thats what I'm thinking of 

Yes we drew 0-0 at their place then lost 1-0 at home.

Best chance ever of getting to Wembley in the Cup and squandered.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

A slight digress, but I believe I can beat that one JH.

King rat 2011 away at Cardiff, dropped several first team players in the QF of the cup and we lost 0-2.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/dec/01/blackburn-steve-kean-forfeit-claim

Disgraceful, a lying swine.

"He claims his use of the word forfeit was taken out of context" - 🤬

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

I believe I can beat that one JH.

King rat 2011 away at Cardiff, dropped several first team players in the QF of the cup and we lost 0-2.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/dec/01/blackburn-steve-kean-forfeit-claim

Disgraceful, a lying swine.

"He claims his use of the word forfeit was taken out of context" - 🤬

That was a shocker too. But at least that was the League Cup so we had to get through a 2 legged semi before getting to Wembley. Cardiff went on to the final and lost narrowly to Liverpool. The Millwall one we had done the hard part - been to Arsenal and knocked them out at the Emirates, drawn a mid table Championship club in the Quarters, went to a packed Den, were played off the park yet held on for a 0-0 to take them back to Ewood and then put in an even worse display and the tactical approach was to launch it long and try to beat Danny Shittu in the air.

We'd have been off to Wembley playing Wigan in the Semis.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Possibly the most boring two games I’ve ever watched with a big prize up for grabs. Particularly stands out when I think of Appleton.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That was a shocker too. But at least that was the League Cup so we had to get through a 2 legged semi before getting to Wembley. Cardiff went on to the final and lost narrowly to Liverpool. The Millwall one we had done the hard part - been to Arsenal and knocked them out at the Emirates, drawn a mid table Championship club in the Quarters, went to a packed Den, were played off the park yet held on for a 0-0 to take them back to Ewood and then put in an even worse display and the tactical approach was to launch it long and try to beat Danny Shittu in the air.

We'd have been off to Wembley playing Wigan in the Semis.

Ya, it was a miserable watch and I remember Shittu easily headering the ball out all game. Who was upfront that game? 

2 matches in and we’ve been poor in the build up, squandered most of our chances, have been disorganized through the midfield, and outside of the high pressure against Swans, poor defensively. Provided Millwall don’t pass it to us in their third 15-20 times I don’t see us coming away with anything. 1-3 Millwall with Diaz getting our loan goal.