BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) 14/8/21

I’ve lost count of the good chances we’ve had to get to an FA cup final in my lifetime. Drawing away at Fulham in the quarter finals only to lose at home in the early 1960’s. Little Oxford Utd away later on in the 1960’s with the best Rovers team I ever saw. Several opportunities in the Jack Walker era when we seemed to get good away draws only to lose the replays at Ewood. 
I was right behind the Pedersen header at OT. I thought it was going in right until it went past the post.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I was 8 in 1960, my Dad went. I didn't.

I was at OT and still have nightmares involving that miss.

I will never see us live in a FA Cup Final nor have any hopes of such.

7th May 1960, my birthday. What an anticlimax. 

Well, as this is the match thread, my starting 11

Kaminski

Nyambe    Leni      Ayala     Ronnie

Travis   Davenport 

Dolan          Rothy         Diaz

Gally

We need legs in Midfield and although Bucko showed some good touches last week I don't think he did enough.

Come on Rovers.......Surprise Us!!

Note: Posted without knowledge of any injuries.

Kaminski

Nyambe    Lenihan      Ayala     Pickering

Travis         Davenport 

Dolan                                  Rothwell

Brereton   Gallagher

Would go for this myself, two strikers up front with balls being whipped in by Dolan and Rothwell and ask Travis to move in support when we are on the attack. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rigger said:

I would say our best chance of getting to the FA cup final,in my Rovers supporting lifetime, was Pedersons header against Chelsea at Old Trafford. 

I was there at Old Trafford for that game and as thrilling as it was in that semi final (I think we missed a close header too in extra time) and somehow Ballack's winner wasn't a surprise. That was Mourinho's Chelsea. True, we got very close and that was the closest we've been in my time. However, we were at our very best than and didn't quite make it, but against Millwall we threw away a great chance.

Two FA Cup chances, but one was a glorious defeat, the other just yet another shambles under Venkys.  

When we lost at OT I felt pride. When we bottled it at home to Millwall, everyone was livid. Those differing reactions say it all.

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Kaminski

Nyambe    Lenihan      Ayala     Pickering

Travis         Davenport 

Dolan                                  Rothwell

Brereton   Gallagher

Would go for this myself, two strikers up front with balls being whipped in by Dolan and Rothwell and ask Travis to move in support when we are on the attack. 

i`de love us to play like that,though rothwell is hopeless out wide and tony would view this set up as the devils work🤔

I expect:

Kaminski

Magloire Lenihan Ayala

Nyambe                                   Pickering

Travis   Davenport

Gallagher.                 Brereton

Dolan     

Personally would keep last weekend's starting 11...

• Like 1

Gotta take it game by game at the mo and today we have our first choice back 4 available, so we really need to get something from this game.

--------------------Kaminski

Nyambe--Lenihan--Ayala--Pickering

----Trav-‐-----Davenport---Rothwell

--------Dolan-------Gallagher-----Diaz

Chapman should feature off the bench too.

30 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I’d love to see Big Ben on the scoresheet again, as well as Gally. However, we will need more, I think, today. I still have more concerns defensively than on attack, even without Arma.

Maybe BB with a brace. COYB! 

Alan Nixon predicted a 2 all draw on Radio Lancs last night, with the scorers you suggested.

4 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Anyone know how to watch on Rovers TV now that iFollow is gone. When I click buy tickets on Rovers TV the page won't load with a 404 error.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/match/first-team/2021-22/g2212894

If you go to this link you can see the option for upgrade streaming subscription just below buy tickets. Due to reverting to prior covid rules you can only get a video stream if you outside the uk but there are creative ways to tackle that issue

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

If you go to this link you can see the option for upgrade streaming subscription just below buy tickets. Due to reverting to prior covid rules you can only get a video stream if you outside the uk but there are creative ways to tackle that issue

Yes there are 😎

6 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Anyone know how to watch on Rovers TV now that iFollow is gone. When I click buy tickets on Rovers TV the page won't load with a 404 error.

Go though the My Subscriptions, this should lead you to todays £10 match pass - if you are outside of UK

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Thanks, sounds super techy, any clues as to how to watch this one?

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I did note a VPN health warning within the FAQs. Good luck anyway.