BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (a) 18/8/21

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Dolan is an impact sub at best

I feel this is a bit unfair considering since he's spent the entire year playing as a forward when he clearly isn't one - I feel he'd be much more effective if he was actually on the wing.

• Like 4

Really enjoyable half that, could have been much better had Buckley scored that sitter though 😳 

They don't look comfortable with players running at them, Rothwell skipped straight through 3 of them for the Buckley chance. Need to get Diaz, Sam and Dolan running at them too second half.

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Lenihan loves that 60 yard diagonal ball..... it never works

Ah, the 60 yard diag to nobody, a bit like the full back dink down the line.

The staple of the defenders who want to play like Bobby Moore and end up looking like Demi Moore.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 2

Qhen

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I feel this is a bit unfair considering since he's spent the entire year playing as a forward when he clearly isn't one - I feel he'd be much more effective if he was actually on the wing.

Tbf at this stage in his development its an entirely fair observation we need a minimum of one striker before the window closes

Sound annoyingly well behind, youd expect it in sync for a tenner.

We are toothless in attack, we miss Armstrong and Elliott so much. Dolan central makes no sense but again he looks well off being a regular Championship player, he lacks the quality. Buckley also really should have scored after a great run from Rothwell, and in general has dawdled once too often. Brereton anonymous.

Defensively, again much more solid with Ayala and Pickering has been better tonight. Travis has been good too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Defended quite well.  Say it all the time though, Gallagher needs to play down the middle. It's ridiculous.  Dolan can't win a header playing there,  Gallagher can't beat a man out wide.  It's like banging your head against a brick wall. 

Ha when I explained to my brother how we played his first comment was so you play two strikers out wide and a wide man at center forward 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Look much better at the back this season so far. 

I don’t think anyone who has seen Ayala play would doubt his ability when switched on and fit, the lads quality, it’s minutes on the pitch where the problem is….

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Qhen

Tbf at this stage in his development its an entirely fair observation we need a minimum of one striker before the window closes

It doesn't matter what stage of his development he is at - he is being played out of position.

Forest are there for the taking. Wish Dolan would turn once in a while, and him and Breo take their men on. Buckley also needs to release the ball into space sooner, and missed a massive chance to put us ahead. Dack would have put that away with ease.

Good half though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cherry Blue said:

Yeah. Doing ok. Tends to come out with a long ball looking for for a tall forward but Dolan no threat.

Been impressed with Carter actually. Looks quite composed on the ball, though shouldn't be surprised as he used to play in the midfield

Edited by oozy

6 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Ha when I explained to my brother how we played his first comment was so you play two strikers out wide and a wide man at center forward 

Did you explain that sometimes we like to put our striker (that's out wide) at right back and play our right winger as left wingback whilst playing a player that's played at right back and centre midfield as a false 9.

Then watch his head explode.

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Forest were pretty average but if they up the pace you get the feeling our defence will fold. 

We're going to struggle for goals this season, that's for sure

@jim mk2 Are you in Notts?

How are you watching the game? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

So, we aren’t winning possession like a year ago. Has TM scrapped his possession based attack, or are we not strong enough to keep possession, or something else? 

Hopefully he has just realised we consistently do worse when we control possession, but I doubt it.

• Like 1