BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom Preview

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Time for Mowbray to admit defeat on Gallagher, he is truly abysmal and doesn't have a single redeeming quality. 

That lad works his socks off, is your seat facing the pitch?

West Brom are quite simply on another level, premiership money and all that, they'll go up this season, we put up a decent fight and matched them at times.

But keep blaming the manager, then the next manager, then the next, whilst ignoring the Balaji in the room.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

Proud of the lads today. Against a clearly superior outfit in all departments we clung on in there and made it a game in the second half. Yes, the Baggies should have been out of sight at one point but I don’t think we’ll face much better than that at Ewood all season. Still pleased with 7 points from 4 games. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No.

Very disappointed with today, not so much the result but the performance. Mowbray abandoned everything that was good about our play in the games we won in favour of hoofing long diagonals in the direction of the useless Gallagher who then promptly proceeded to lose it, the last occasion in the first half leading to their second.

We were also screaming out for width on the left hand side of the pitch in the first half when Pickering had the ball, all 22 players were condensed in the right hand third of the pitch. It was quite ludicrous.

Better second half, surprise surprise all our best moments came from wide areas and keeping the ball on the ground.

Time for Mowbray to admit defeat on Gallagher, he is truly abysmal and doesn't have a single redeeming quality. Carter looked way more threatening than him whenever he got into forward areas which shows how bad Gallagher is.

Totally agree about Gallagher. An embarrassment is how I'd describe him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

So would I if I was his age, but it wouldn't make any difference as I could never play and neither can Gallagher.

He looks a shadow of even the player he was first time he was here when he looked lean and wiry and seemed to have an ability to run the channels.

• Like 3

On Gallagher, I don't understand how people can think of 'trying hard' as anything other than the most basic desire that EVERY player should have. What next? Do we give players a free pass on being rubbish because they can tie their own laces before the game?

The two standout attacking players for me today were Rothwell and Clarkson. They both went off and their replacements were inferior. Baffling.

By and large we did well today but you can't hope to do well over as season if you don't shoot. I expected a heavy drubbing at half-time so was happy enough with the second half but hope to see a bit more passing and shooting next time rather than hoofball.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Proud of the lads today. Against a clearly superior outfit in all departments we clung on in there and made it a game in the second half. Yes, the Baggies should have been out of sight at one point but I don’t think we’ll face much better than that at Ewood all season. Still pleased with 7 points from 4 games. 

I'm with you on this.Hopefully we can pick up a win next weekend.Boro are beatable

• Like 3

Much better second half, good spirit if not quality football. West brom will go up and we had them worried for a short while. Looked less rovers fans on than against Swansea which is sad. Rothy and Ayala were good, Kaminski outstanding. We are desperately short of legs in midfield. Enjoyed the game. 👍🏻

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Great post, no more needs saying.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Lenihan typically has a couple of hurrendous games a season and he just used one up one of them. Thought he was woeful today.

Lenihan is one I'd let go if we had any money to replace him.

He was at fault for their first goal today and was generally calamitous. Playing him next to Ayala really shines a light on how limited a CB he is. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He was at fault for their first goal today and was generally calamitous. Playing him next to Ayala really shines a light on how limited a CB he is. 

Are you watching a different game to me Exiled?

That partnership between Lenihan and Ayala is the best I’ve seen in years at this early stage, shows real promise, compare that to last season or the season before? 

Really promising for me. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

West Brom are quite simply on another level, premiership money and all that, they'll go up this season, we put up a decent fight and matched them at times.

But keep blaming the manager, then the next manager, then the next, whilst ignoring the Balaji in the room.

Cracking response Gav. 

Apart from another West Brom error we were never going to score. I'd have got rid of Mowbray ages ago but too late now, we go with what we have and get behind the team. Thought we did that today even though behind for over 89 minutes of normal time. 

Clarkson looks good, Carter is learning, Kaminski is outstanding and kept us in the game. Both Lenihan & Ayala do gel and the longer they play together the better they'll be. Fact everyone knows is squad is too small but get the right additions and we can stay in this division.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Are you watching a different game to me Exiled?

That partnership between Lenihan and Ayala is the best I’ve seen in years at this early stage, shows real promise, compare that to last season or the season before? 

Really promising for me. 

You might be, yes.

Ayala is utter quality at this level - unfortunately he's made of glass so we're being spoiled at the moment. He's the big difference from last season - and Pickering being a step up from Bell and Douglas.

Lenihan is combative, but extremely error prone - he called Carter (who had it covered) off the ball for their first goal so he could swoop in and mis-kick the clearance. 

• Like 1

We were simply beaten by a far better team for this level of football.

WBA are a physical and professional side, who do what what they do well. They reminded me of Burnley when we last played them; win the second balls; get it forward as quickly as possible, get crosses into the box, and shoot when they get a chance. Not the easiest on the eye, but very effective.

We're miles off that level I'm afraid.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

But we do have any money to replace him?