BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Maybe a cheeky move for Daniel Sturridge for 6 months....his last stint was 7 goals in 16 games in the Turkish Premier league...he's 32 but could probably do a job for us....

Old glass legs. Be an expensive impact sub that’s for sure and it would take him till April to be up to speed 😂 

• Like 1

Sturridge? 🤣

He's only played in 1 game then refused to play the next one as it was an away game and he didn't fancy the travel. That's on the back of his ban from football for breaching gambling rules.

He REALLY sounds the type of player we need to come into a settled dressing room 🙄

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Maybe a cheeky move for Daniel Sturridge for 6 months....his last stint was 7 goals in 16 games in the Turkish Premier league...he's 32 but could probably do a job for us....

He'd need us to pay his lost dog fine (30k)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd put him in with Wilshere in the "don't touch with a ten foot barge pole" Category.

I thought your previous suggestion of Gayle was a decent one.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, briansol said:

Mitrovic and Solanke 😉

In an ideal world it would be hilarious if Venky's gave Fulham £30m + of f u money for Mitrovic and decided to deal with the FFP consequences at a later date. It won't happen but I think they theoretically could if the move was a realistic possibility.

Solanke's a strange one. Whenever I've seen him on Sky  I think he looks absolutely dreadful but his goal record this season is good.

32 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Huh I am completely baffled by Mowbray's comment about bringing in young strikers. Is that a misquote?

Not seen the entire article but hopefully from the comment from the manager  (finally) about how we're not looking to sell BB, Mowbray has had a bollocking off the owners about his previous interviews about he wouldn't stand in his way if an offer from a PL Club came in yada yada.

We might just be getting there by default.

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Sturridge is a superb talent.  He was unplayable at Liverpool.  Technically he's one of the best forwards around.  I would take a punt on him

He's a bad apple who would more than likely upset the good team spirit within the club. 

Avoid

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not seen the entire article but hopefully from the comment from the manager  (finally) about how we're not looking to sell BB, Mowbray has had a bollocking off the owners about his previous interviews about he wouldn't stand in his way if an offer from a PL Club came in yada yada.

We might just be getting there by default.

Every player in this league wants to play in the Premiership, its the pinnacle of a players careers to do so, many don't make it.

Can you imagine if Mowbray went public and said he'd not sell Brereton to a Premiership club for any price? What would that do to the lad himself and the relationship with the manager? Mowbray knows his players, his man management is superb, look how he dealt with the Armstrong sale if you don't believe me.

He doesn't want to lose Brereton, only the owners can force through that sale mid season, time will tell on that score. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2