BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

I hope Ryan's demands are not way out in left fiels.  Someone shiuld sit him down and give him the long long list of excelling Rovers players who moved for greener grass (or more of it) and failed.  

Funny the club has sold countless top squad members but life has always gone on.

I was devastated when Tony Field left but one Gordon Lee and I was like Tony who.  Similar things.with Jones, Bailey, Hird, Barker but we have always managed.  As the saying goes Mr Nyambe, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.  COYB.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

You could make Jason Lowe look good on a highlights reel (ok, maybe not). While it is great that you see the 'good' bits, they rarely show the 'bad' bits. Looks a beast in the way he is built, similar in a way to Nyambe. Although he is shorter than Nyambe too and i never thought Nyambe was particularly tall. As others have mentioned, He does look rash and some of those tackles would get him in trouble over here. Think gets 1 red a season on average?

I can barely think of Nyambe ever getting booked let alone sent off. His game time at Hertha also worries me a little. If people are saying Nyambe is not cut out for the PL, then this guy is obviously not cut out for the top level in Germany (which is not as strong as the PL) if he's being binned off to a Championship club. 

Of course, you can only judge when they are in the shirt which is what I will do (if he even signs) but I'm not convinced this guy is going to be a big upgrade on what we already have. He will cost a fee, and probably be on bigger wages. Why not just cough up the extra for Nyambe and save all that expense instead? 

Id be happy if Nyambe stays and we get this guy at the same time - that would actually be sensible. We get to have a look at this guy before Nyambe walks in the summer.

How many times have we wrote off "unimpressive" signings only to have a large serving of crow shoved in our face.  Mmm, let's see... Friedal, Samba, Nelson, Santa Cruz nany more I am sure.  I like the look of the unpronounceable named full back.  Bit recless bit some exquisitely timed tackles too.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, USABlue said:

How many times have we wrote off "unimpressive" signings only to have a large serving of crow shoved in our face.  Mmm, let's see... Friedal, Samba, Nelson, Santa Cruz nany more I am sure.  I like the look of the unpronounceable named full back.  Bit recless bit some exquisitely timed tackles too.  

Nowhere have I written him off. 

Looks to me that they've basically given the scouts a brief "go find me a Nyambe, but a version that can cross a ball".

Agree with what people are saying regarding making judgement on a highlights reel though (hopefully that's not what our scouts have done 🤣).

I don't want Nyambe to leave, but, he's the easiest to replace - in my opinion of course. I think he carries a bit more of an emotional pull with some people as he's been here since he was 13, understandable.

All we can hope for is that these players are hanging on till the end of Jan to see if better offers are wafted in front of them from other clubs, if they aren't they bite the bullet and sign those contracts for US. Let's face it we're a much more attractive proposition now than we were at the start of the season, at which point they would have been bonkers to sign new contracts.....

3 hours ago, USABlue said:

Every team needs a hatchet man at full back.  Stuart Pearce made a living off it. Lucas Neill liked to put a few in as well.  No problem with this lad signing  at all 👍

• Like 3

@Revidge Blue

@JHRover 

Despite the constant “searching” for mismanagement and randomised criticism, have either of you considered that Nyambe et al; want to leave?

The discussions have been going on for the last 18 months too, so I’m not sure either of you understand the complexity- and would rather just speculate that these players have been ignored and offered pittance at the last minute.

Why do their advisors get a free pass? Have we forgot what agents did to this club?

Even the richest club in the world is potentially losing the most expensive talent in the world for nothing come June.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, USABlue said:

I agree with the point you’re making but who wrote off Santa Cruz?! He was arguably the most exciting signing we made during the Hughes era.

Be a shame to lose Nyambe but he is more replaceable than Rothwell or Lenihan especially considering his poor injury record.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I gave opinion of what I watched on the highlights of the player just like you did minus his attacking highlights which you missed out for some reason 

Is he a good signing for us? No idea but if Rovers are keen on him and scouting department have done their proper research so he qualify for work permit. If we sign him then I will judge him on his performances in a Rovers shirt. 

My comments were predominantly about judging players based on highlight reels, not the player himself. Obviously I would judge a player on his performances in a Rovers shirt. You seem to have either misunderstood my point or purposely ignored it so leave that one there.

4 hours ago, USABlue said:

You can add a whole host of Mowbray signings to that list too USA, the manager can spot a player, no doubt about that.

14 minutes ago, Madon said:

This one came from Pete O'Rourke on Twitter who is usually bang on the money.

Yep:

Blackburn Rovers have made an enquiry to sign Leeds United winger Crysencio Summerville on loan. #lufc #Rovers

Was it Unleaded - who is always spot on - who said Leeds wouldn’t take Poveda back? Maybe we’re meeting them halfway by taking this chap and covering his wages instead.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

@Revidge Blue

@JHRover 

Despite the constant “searching” for mismanagement and randomised criticism, have either of you considered that Nyambe et al; want to leave?

The discussions have been going on for the last 18 months too, so I’m not sure either of you understand the complexity- and would rather just speculate that these players have been ignored and offered pittance at the last minute.

Why do their advisors get a free pass? Have we forgot what agents did to this club?

Even the richest club in the world is potentially losing the most expensive talent in the world for nothing come June.

Yes I have considered that possibility.

Then I naturally come to the next question rather than merely shrugging my shoulders and blaming those nasty agents (everyone's favourite villain in football).

Why would it possibly be that someone like Nyambe - who has been here since childhood, made the grade to first team regular, playing every week in a side pushing for promotion - actively want to leave this club?

There are only two acceptable explanations - that he expects to be able to get a move to a club higher in the pyramid (i.e. Premier League - very unlikely IMO) or that he knows he can get substantially better money at other clubs. Assuming he doesn't have PL clubs lining up for him that means Championship or abroad. Who in the Championship can and will offer them more than we can given our losses and investment from the owners?

Other explanations might include that he doesn't want to play for this manager or he is unhappy at the club - neither of which seem to be the case going off his performances this season.

Of course you might be right - but then I want to know why and what is going to be done about it - we cannot lose 2-3 key players every year on free transfers with a shrug of the shoulders blaming the player/agents. We need to look at this with great concern not just 'oh well, plenty more fish in the sea' (which we can't afford because we haven't brought any money in because all our assets have walked)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

My comments were predominantly about judging players based on highlight reels, not the player himself. 

I gave my opinion on those highlights what I like and seen of the player. 

I have no where said we sign him or not. I will leave that decision to Rovers 

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Other explanations might include that he doesn't want to play for this manager or he is unhappy at the club - neither of which seem to be the case going off his performances this season.

Yes but if he needs to move surely his upturn in performance is for the potential purchasing clubs  ...

I don't think he's forgotten being sidelined for the likes of Benno personally...Mogadon has scapegoated him before etc...  

• Like 1

So many comments about Ryan Nyambe in here it boggles the mind. Would I prefer to keep him - yes. Will I be particularly upset if he leaves - no, he’s incredibly replaceable.

There’s people in this thread so clouded by him being an academy grad. He’s a fairly average full back, who doesn’t really offer much going forward. Wouldn’t imagine he’d crack our top 50 right backs of all time.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

So many comments about Ryan Nyambe in here it boggles the mind. Would I prefer to keep him - yes. Will I be particularly upset if he leaves - no, he’s incredibly replaceable.

There’s people in this thread so clouded by him being an academy grad. He’s a fairly average full back, who doesn’t really offer much going forward. Wouldn’t imagine he’d crack our top 50 right backs of all time.

He might make the top 50, but I doubt the top 10.